Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accolades Concept - for Non-Closed Beta players!

codexRat

Hi readers,

I hope I can shed light to the heartaches of all those tennos who joined this game a little late after the closed beta sessions.
I have been playing this game for above 3.5 years and am dedicated ever since and not a day goes by I regret not knowing this game sooner.

So here is a concept I was thinking for all such players like me who could do with some kind of accolades in our profiles.
Just like the Stratos Emblem, we could go about with a similar accolades which will highlight our years of commitment with this game! :)
With each years pass, we can have an accolade with increase in rank e.g. Year 1 accolade, Year 2 accolade and so on...

It would be of great help if we can bring this concept to notice of DE staffs.
Lemme know what you guys think of this.

Edited by codexRat

You have that. It's called Excalibur Prime, Lodestar Syandana and Armor, etc. I mean, I've also been around for quite some time, and I'll tell you what I know: This "exclusivity" business... It doesn't work. All it does is create a false sense of superiority/inferiority and divides in the community. I'm sure you've noticed DE is going away from the path you suggest, more and more. There's no such thing anymore as exclusive event weapons (Braton and Lato Vandal), there's no such thing as exclusive event rewards (Rift Sigil), and there's no more than 1050 days of unique rewards in the login system. Because of all that exclusivity deal we now get evergreen rewards past the 1050th day, to avoid that the salt that comes with it.

And I agree with this path. Everyone is treated equal. You may have some rewards here and there, but nothing too flashy or that allows you to make fun of another player just because he didn't have the same chances you did. You can be a great Tenno without having to pull others down or flashing your awesome goods on their eyes.

Wanna know the next hot topic related to exclusive stuff? Wait for the "Plague Star"-type event of Fortuna, which will possibly bring new kitgun parts and the Bloodshed Sigil. Wait for it and see how many topics will turn up saying "Muh Sigil, muh 900p, muh exclusivity", despite DE stating over and over throughout their several social media platforms that it would most likely become available as a future event reward. Calling it now.

Edit: Btw, We do have something like that on PS4, don't know how it is for other platforms. Year after year, on the PS4 Warframe anniversary, we get an updated sigil marking how many years have past. Not that I use it. Sigils are overrated imo, no one will stare at your frame in search for a tiny tattoo which may not even be there, or that they may even not recognize what it is about.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

12 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

You have that. It's called Excalibur Prime, Lodestar Syandana and Armor, etc. I mean, I've also been around for quite some time, and I'll tell you what I know: This "exclusivity" business... It doesn't work. All it does is create a false sense of superiority/inferiority and divides in the community. I'm sure you've noticed DE is going away from the path you suggest, more and more. There's no such thing anymore as exclusive event weapons (Braton and Lato Vandal), there's no such thing as exclusive event rewards (Rift Sigil), and there's no more than 1050 days of unique rewards in the login system. Because of all that exclusivity deal we now get evergreen rewards past the 1050th day, to avoid that the salt that comes with it.

And I agree with this path. Everyone is treated equal. You may have some rewards here and there, but nothing too flashy or that allows you to make fun of another player just because he didn't have the same chances you did. You can be a great Tenno without having to pull others down or flashing your awesome goods on their eyes.

Wanna know the next hot topic related to exclusive stuff? Wait for the "Plague Star"-type event of Fortuna, which will possibly bring new kitgun parts and the Bloodshed Sigil. Wait for it and see how many topics will turn up saying "Muh Sigil, muh 900p, muh exclusivity", despite DE stating over and over throughout their several social media platforms that it would most likely become available as a future event reward. Calling it now.

Edit: Btw, We do have something like that on PS4, don't know how it is for other platforms. Year after year, on the PS4 Warframe anniversary, we get an updated sigil marking how many years have past. Not that I use it. Sigils are overrated imo, no one will stare at your frame in search for a tiny tattoo which may not even be there, or that they may even not recognize what it is about.

I happily agree with you on the exclusivity part and the reward system that divides old and new players. But what I asked has nothing to do with shamming new players and letting them off on some inferiority note.
If you think DE is moving away from this deal then why do they hold on to the accolades deal just off recently with the closed beta players getting the accolades?
They could hv just let it be right? Why this exclusive preference if they were really thinking of new players feeling inferior?
I am not asking anything out of this world here, just that it is a customary profile data that should be displayed on the main page of profile for each player! (not the general tab with how much hours played)
Regardless of all the hate, I sincerely believe that it is one most important thing a player should deserve an accolade that can be earned on the basis of their time that is being invested on this game! ya, a game nonetheless!

P.S. And thanks for your insight on this topic. Much appreciated!