Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Appearance rates down to 1 in 10 attempts

Exiztenzial

Approximately. Since the major update actually getting animals to appear using the call lures has fallen off a cliff. I've had no shows before, like 1 in 3. But now? Go to a spot, make first call, get response, make response after centering the line and... nothing turns up. Repeat the call, third, fourth, fifth. No appearance. I'm writing this after a third extended foray in Vallis. So far 2 pobber group catches, 1 Bolorola, 1 Kubradon and nowt else from 40+ tries. 

If the attraction rate is meant to be this low, deliberately, then the rationale of the game mode needs to be clearer. I'd understand that since real animal conservation is difficult after all. 

A knock on effect is using pheromone gear. I tried it once, got a no show, so the one shot gear was wasted. No point trying to use them while spawns are near zero (unless they guarantee a spawn).

Is there anything special about intervals between calls?

Does it matter how long it takes to zero on to the marker? 

Anybody else having really, really low appearance rates?

I've been having issues getting sawgaws and horrasques to spawn.  Same issue.  Go to call spot, make initial call, get their response, make my second call.... then nothing.  I don't have this issue with pobbers, bolarolas, kubrodons, and stovers.  They seem to show up just fine.  

Edited by MariAnnette
typos

sawgaws and horrasques can end up spawning literally a mile away from where you call them and they just roam around while you wait for them

sawgaws muck about at mushroom tops so you either have to use an arcwing with your tranq gun which is more than likely to scare the f**king animal or position yourself somehow higher or same level as the giant mushroom

horrasques never fully come out of the ground they only pop their heads out and they can do the under a rock texture not to mention they can spawn behind a mountain, above a steep cliff

• 2 weeks later...

Hunting (Conservation) is currently not worth playing.  The animals hardly ever show up.  And could there please be a way to shut The Business up?  His talking makes hunting take 5x as long as it should.  I hope this doesn't get left unfixed like the Eidolon hunt lure bug.

Edited by (XB1)DakVoidcloaker

I have noticed the same thing @Thoogah mentioned. You can call an animal and wait a decent amount of time before it wanders in range of the tranq rifle's X-ray vision. Saw Gaws are especially notorious for spawning far away. You can help your cause by walking towards the sound (if you know what direction it came from) or by finding a nearby, higher vantage point, particularly around rocky areas as the X-ray vision doesn't have infinite punch through and can be blocked by large rocks. Additionally, I've noticed that some times the animals - particularly with stovers - won't spawn until you walk away from the call point, so all you have to do is take a few steps in any direction to trigger the spawn.

Yes, standing nearby and downwind is key.  And corpus will scare away some animals despite your best efforts.  Unfortunately for me, my game has no Sawgaws, Stovers or Horrasques -- they simply aren't in the game anywhere.  I see no echo-lures available for sale (despite being Doer and having unlocked Sawgaws) and they don't appear as floofs or as a requirement for the conservation badge.  The Business offers me no pheromones for any species, and is also missing the boot trophy.  It's absolutely absurd, but I bet all the cosmetic glitches in fashion items got fixed right away.  So far Support has shown zero interest in my request to have this issue resolved.

I'm not having problems with Conservation. I hope this helps:

First of all, I kill every corpus unit in the area as close as possible to the calling point, to prevent new enemies from spawning. I go with Ivara and Rubico Prime.

After I do my response The Business says its OK to wait/search for the species. Then I become invisible and I switch to the Synthesis Scanner tovstart searching, when I find it, I use Ivara's Quiver and complete the rescue.

The only species giving me some difficulties are the Sawgaws, they can appear near to you or in a distant giant mushroom, also they have clipping problems after the first shoot, most of the time I have to shoot a second time to be able to interact with them.

16 hours ago, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

Yes, standing nearby and downwind is key.  And corpus will scare away some animals despite your best efforts.  Unfortunately for me, my game has no Sawgaws, Stovers or Horrasques -- they simply aren't in the game anywhere.

Probably because they were added to PC in update 24.2 (The Profit-Taker update) and XB1 is on update 24 (Fortuna minus the profit-taker additions, which include Sawgaws, Stover and Horrasques).

Also support isn't instantaneous. You may have to wait several days or even more than a week depending on how flooded with tickets they are.

Edited by AXCrusnik
  • Like 1

Seriously?  It's bad enough the game requires one to read the wiki (required info should be available in-game), but then for console users the information is not even accurate.  Nothing to indicate different versions, nothing in the notes.  I think the requirement that one read patch notes is why they are having trouble keeping newer players.  But apologies for complaining about a non-issue.

I never said support was instantaneous.  I've already waited several days, but I would argue that for most businesses, a week would be considered atrocious turnaround time without even a token reply.  Most support groups triage their tickets.

On 2019-01-04 at 5:37 AM, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

Seriously?  It's bad enough the game requires one to read the wiki (required info should be available in-game), but then for console users the information is not even accurate.  Nothing to indicate different versions, nothing in the notes.

If the patch notes don't say PS4, XB1, or NSW (for some reason Switch updates don't follow this trend) at the start of the thread title it's for PC. They are also posted within the PC patch notes subform, or their corresponding consoles' patch note subforums, to indicate which platform the update is for. The login screen in game also shows the current version if you CBA to check the subforum. There's also a news console in game in your orbiter to check the current patch notes for the game.

Edited by AXCrusnik

22 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

If the patch notes don't say PS4, XB1, or NSW (for some reason Switch updates don't follow this trend) at the start of the thread title it's for PC. They are also posted within the PC patch notes subform, or their corresponding consoles' patch note subforums, to indicate which platform the update is for. The login screen in game also shows the current version if you CBA to check the subforum. There's also a news console in game in your orbiter to check the current patch notes for the game.

I'm always clear which patch notes I'm looking at.  It's the wiki that seems to completely ignore the fact that many users (on consoles) do not have the content at the same time.

My point though, was that I think that all information required in the game should be available in the game.  Perhaps it's not feasible for some reason, but ideally it seems that it should be there.  If not, having the wiki is a good solution, but essentially forcing people to read patch notes takes it a bit too far in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

I'm always clear which patch notes I'm looking at.  It's the wiki that seems to completely ignore the fact that many users (on consoles) do not have the content at the same time.

My point though, was that I think that all information required in the game should be available in the game.  Perhaps it's not feasible for some reason, but ideally it seems that it should be there.  If not, having the wiki is a good solution, but essentially forcing people to read patch notes takes it a bit too far in my opinion.

Well the wiki isn't run by DE so it's not really their problem... but yeah most agree necessary information should be in game and has been a problem with warframe pretty much since CBT. The whole concept of the Codex was to help with that issue but it's clearly not good enough.

2 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Well the wiki isn't run by DE so it's not really their problem...

Ouch, I didn't realize that.  Improper for me to hold them accountable for what's there, but wow they are really getting a gift from their fans.  So as a company they must think that patch notes are enough.  Aren't they trying to attract new players?

20 minutes ago, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

Ouch, I didn't realize that.  Improper for me to hold them accountable for what's there, but wow they are really getting a gift from their fans.  So as a company they must think that patch notes are enough.  Aren't they trying to attract new players?

They want to, but aren't very good at it. It's why people often say the warframe community is so helpful. We want the game to thrive because people who sunk the time in know it's a fun PvE shooter, but the new player experience isn't great.

On 2019-01-03 at 4:29 PM, mvaldess said:

I'm not having problems with Conservation. I hope this helps:

First of all, I kill every corpus unit in the area as close as possible to the calling point, to prevent new enemies from spawning. I go with Ivara and Rubico Prime.

After I do my response The Business says its OK to wait/search for the species. Then I become invisible and I switch to the Synthesis Scanner tovstart searching, when I find it, I use Ivara's Quiver and complete the rescue.

The only species giving me some difficulties are the Sawgaws, they can appear near to you or in a distant giant mushroom, also they have clipping problems after the first shoot, most of the time I have to shoot a second time to be able to interact with them.

Like mvaldess, I'm not having any issues with Conservation. Every animal I track appears when called and is successfully captured.

I also use Ivara, kill anything hostile near the nest/calling point then call the animal. After The Biz says his dialog and you do a second call, when the white box on the echo bar thing disappears then you know the animal is on the way so I switch to primary, go invisible then use Ivara's sleep arrow to "tranq" the animal.

100% success rate of having animals appear and bringing them home.

Sawgaws are a bit of a pain as they do tend to drop through the mushroom and hang underneath but if they're tranqed you can use Archwing to hover up there and capture it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had several animals simply die when I shoot them with the tranquilizer gun.  Instead of the normal shot reaction, the animal took damage with the first shot (hunting kubrodon) and then the second shot killed him.  This is the second time this has happened, and The Business doesn't react the way he does if you kill an animal -- he just acts as if it ran off, meanwhile the animal carcass is sitting there.  I am absolutely positive I was using the tranquilizer gun, and I was using Ash with no powers active.  I'd have posted this comment on this similar thread but it was closed.