Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discord Nitro Bundle [HELP]

_ItsSam

Question

So the discord bundle thing got announced and I was pretty psyched since I just got Discord Nitro gifted from the Hypesquad program.

Anyways, I downloaded discord (because so far I only used discord through a browser) and I went over to my library. I have warframe on my computer but in the library it gave no indication of detecting the game on my pc so it's asking me to install.

I've seen that many people also have this problem but the majority of them have installed the game through steam. I, however, have it as a standalone version (downloaded from warframe.com) and I don't know how to make it so that Discord can recognize the game without me reinstalling the entire game all over again.

Can any of you help with this issue?
Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind the issue has resolved.

There was another thread showing how to fix this but it was a little hard to understand. For me anyway. For you people who have the standalone version, follow this guide. (Assuming you already have Discord Nitro).

First:

Go to your Warframe Application:

https://gyazo.com/78387946c463bd277056e0aa3a7f78de

Next, Right Click on the Application and click on Properties:

Copy paste: -cluster:public -registry:Discord in after Launcher.exe (as indicated by the arrow). Make sure to put a space after Launcher.exe before copy pasting.

When finished, it should look like this:

When done, make sure to click on APPLY, and then OK. 
After that, right click on the application again and click on "Run as administrator".

A window will prompt you asking if you would like to run Warframe as an administrator, click on yes and the game should launch.
When logging into the game, first go into the Market and the first item you will see is the Discord Bundle. It should show up costing $ 0.00 so you can click on it and claim it for free.

Hope this helped, if you have any questions ask them below and I'll try my best to respond.
Edited by _ItsSam

5 answers to this question

When I use this method, the pack does not appear in the in game market. I am not sure if this method has been patched or if for some reason it is not functioning properly on my end. Do you have any ideas what I could be doing wrong? 

Fixed. Needed to enable in game overlay

Edited by ThatLuckyDuck
Resolved

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎26 at 1:08 AM, ThatLuckyDuck said:

When I use this method, the pack does not appear in the in game market. I am not sure if this method has been patched or if for some reason it is not functioning properly on my end. Do you have any ideas what I could be doing wrong? 

Fixed. Needed to enable in game overlay

Yea sorry, should have mentioned that.

I was not able to get the overlay to work in my main game, even editing the properties as shown. I ended up needing to install in through Discord, and running it once through that caused the overlay to start working. Even after I deleted the Discord install, my Steam install now works with the overlay.