General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Sawgaw Conservation - Multiple bugs

0_The_F00l

Hello,

Love the Sawgaw conservation , much better than the standard go here wait for it to respawn , sleep and catch grind,

but noticed following bugs:

If using ivara sleep arrow the sawgaw get stuck inside the mushroom - cannot reach it and when the sleep effect ends it disappears , no fail dialogue appears (was watching through the tranq rifle scope) - has happened 3 times. Forced to use Tranq rifle (not by choice) as it stops it from falling through.

Sawgaw randomly get entangled under a mushroom , like it is stuck in a web and spins in place.

The origin sound is not accurate on using echo lure , Sawgaw can spawn anywhere in a radius of echo point (not sure if bug or intended function) spent half a minute trying to spot the bird only to realize its behind me all along (happens very often)

Only "sawgaw" appears when capturing , no subspecies is mentioned (though we can determine by the Biz dialogue, obvious appearance of the bird and by the tags in inventory)

Also, why are there trackable footprints ? its a bird ... why is it not flying and running away? maybe just skip the track part for this species or limit it to finding the right Mushroom top in a radius.

• Like 1

I did 2 sawgaw captures last night and yeah, it spawning somwhere completely random not related to the direction it answered the call is frustrating. I'd carefully moved downwind of the call spot and waited. Then my Helios scanned and I spent a long time before looking in a completely different direction to find it as I missed the tell from the Helios scan. One of the 2 also got stuck under a mushroom cap between the dangly bits. Somehow I got a perfect capture anyway though it seemed like it was startled and trying to fly away. The other one I tranqued and as it was falling next to a stalk, it glitched on top of a cap it wouldn't have been falling on. I spent 5 minutes with my scanner looking around the base of the mushroom and trying to see if it fell through the ground. I just happened to see it as I was giving up and going to fly away.

Maybe instead of bird footprints, it could be blood and feathers from catching and dragging a meal to the call point before it ate. Also perhaps it could keep making call noises after it flies into the area so that you can actually find it if it isn't changed so it comes from the direction it replies to the call. Although that wouldn't help hard of hearing players who would still be reliant on pointing a scanner everywhere.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very sad to see this is still an issue.  Seems DE only wants to fix irrelevant things (or not fix them at all like titania).  

I will never understand why they want to add things but never follow through. Why bother if you're going to leave it raw or half cooked.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue.

Actually, it's an issue for any sleep/capture type.

Apparently, the animal is supposed to fall into a "sleeping position" but there's something uninitialized or whatever and all too often it "sleeps" on the wrong side of the surface.

21 hours ago, Alomeda said:

I'm surprised how nobody said anything about Sawgaw's broken hitbox, shooting them in the middle of the body does nothing and made me miss a bunch of times before it decided to let me capture it

I did not notice that, but I was using a sleep skill.

(But maybe, also, you had hitbox location out of sync with visible location? I have seen that happen in other contexts...)

On 2019-04-24 at 11:30 AM, Alomeda said:

I'm surprised how nobody said anything about Sawgaw's broken hitbox, shooting them in the middle of the body does nothing and made me miss a bunch of times before it decided to let me capture it

Yeah, you are right.

Just after one hotfix of Eidolon Animals, the hitbox become very small. And if you were 50 meters away, it was impossible to hit them with the tranq rifle.

There are also other bugs:

When you use Ivara's sleep arrow to sleep three wide Condrocs, some of them will also fall into the ground, and you can see them with the tranq rifle.

And Eidolon Animals is totally chaotic in the Codex.

On 2019-02-19 at 1:54 PM, Tinklzs said:

Very sad to see this is still an issue.  Seems DE only wants to fix irrelevant things (or not fix them at all like titania).  

I will never understand why they want to add things but never follow through. Why bother if you're going to leave it raw or half cooked.

I can't agree with you any more

Edited by -MYS-Xrswhisper

13 hours ago, -MYS-Xrswhisper said:

Yeah, you are right.

Just after one hotfix of Eidolon Animals, the hitbox become very small. And if you were 50 meters away, it was impossible to hit them with the tranq rifle.

There are also other bugs:

When you use Ivara's sleep arrow to sleep three wide Condrocs, some of them will also fall into the ground, and you can see them with the tranq rifle.

And Eidolon Animals is totally chaotic in the Codex.

I can't agree with you anymore

You need to further elaborate, agree with what or disagree with what exactly?

After the last update the only spot you can tranquilize the bird is their feet. Same goes for scanning them.  You will still get hit notifications and the animal will take off as if it's been shot by something, but only the feet will actually tranq it.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, yet another bug: I find the carcass and before I use the echo lure I set up the dashwires with ivara, when I finally call the sawgaw, I see it coming and then it just.. flies into heaven for no reason... and I'm just standing there like.. yea I didn't want to capture you anyway

• 1 month later...