General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Profit Taker Phase 4 Game Breaking Bug

Magthylius

During phase 4 of Profit Taker, the orb will fail to shoot out 6 pylons sometimes. Not sure if this is because the profit taker has been lured too far from spawn, or is unable to find location to shoot pylons. This makes the profit taker invincible and will take potshots at everyone. It will be forever in the pose of "launching pylons" At this point, no other enemy spawns unless those natural spawns. I usually do this solo so I have no idea if this is a solo issue or whatsoever. Only fix is to abort and redo.

Can occur during the 4 pylon phase also. Profit Taker in my scenario still remained very close to its original spawn. It spawned southeast inbetween Spaceport and Transit Depot and got stuck at that crossroad. I fought the exact same way multiple times and no issues, but it bugged out for this one. After I shot its head for 1/4 of its health with the arch-gun, it preps to shoot the 4 pylons, but after opening its head, nothing comes out. After waiting a couple minutes, no pylons spawned at all and the Profit Taker stopped moving, besides its turret that kept shooting. Also, apparently there were no mobs anymore when I noticed it bugged out. This completely locks progression for the boss fight.

Edited by DeathshotSE

On 2018-12-22 at 5:12 PM, DeathshotSE said:

Can occur during the 4 pylon phase also. Profit Taker in my scenario still remained very close to its original spawn. It spawned southeast inbetween Spaceport and Transit Depot and got stuck at that crossroad. I fought the exact same way multiple times and no issues, but it bugged out for this one. After I shot its head for 1/4 of its health with the arch-gun, it preps to shoot the 4 pylons, but after opening its head, nothing comes out. After waiting a couple minutes, no pylons spawned at all and the Profit Taker stopped moving, besides its turret that kept shooting. Also, apparently there were no mobs anymore when I noticed it bugged out. This completely locks progression for the boss fight.

I had that again, it didnt bug out for me. However it bugs out when i reaches the vicinity of the spaceport only