Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rain on the plains of Eidolon cruelly affects frames per second.

JohnnyMeta

I had previously shared my concern regarding why I am doing much better lately at Fortuna than at Cetus.
I was testing the graphical configuration, and I did the same mission with and without rain, being the host, and being a guest player.

When I was a guest player (With rain)
I had 40-55 fps

When it was a guest game (Without rain)
I had 55-60 fps

When I'm the host (Without rain)
I had 45-55 fps

When I'm the host (With rain)
My fps are cruelly affected

I always play with low settings, and I've always done well in frames per second.
But when I felt this problem, I lowered the resolution scale from 80/100, to 70/100, in order to have more fps.

2ZL3OhP.jpg - With 70/100

mglch2o.jpg- I have 20-30 fps

With a resolution scale of 100/100

JC3bc3M.jpg - With 100/100

3MwhwWl.jpg - I have 7-15 fps

With a resolution scale of 50/100

KW87aK9.jpg - with 50/100

c7oLcAc.jpg- I have 30 - 48 fps

(But you can not appreciate anything with the rain)

It is impossible for me to play like Chroma, if practically this rain kills my fps. And before the update, none of this happened.

I played this part for almost a whole year, and when they put the rain on the plains of Eidolon, I always went to 55-60 fps without any problem.

My computer has always given me those stable fps. But since the last patches and update, the performance in everything that relates to Cetus has been cruelly affected.

The rain consumes too much memory, or requires too much to my toaster but before the second update of Fortuna, nothing happened to me the same.

But it is not only the rain of the plains, it is also the rain generated by Hidrolyst.
When Hidrolyst appears, it automatically starts to rain in the area where this enemy is located. In this area the fps are also affected.

On the other hand I checked the hardware of my computer, it's all in very good condition.

All the missions of the game are going to me 50-60 fps, including the confrontation against The Profit Taker in Fortura.

I have asked other friends, and they have also agreed that when it rains in cetus they have cruelly 10-15 fps or somebody that play with high setting, they presented 20 fps less, on the common 60 fps they usually play.

My computer is not as powerful as that of others.
But since the last update, playing this mission with rain, being the host, has affected my fps too. When before they introduced The profit taker update, the game went without any problem.

Sorry for my english. Thanks for your attention

Edited by JohnnyMeta

I too started noticing this issue after the update. I’ve never had to do any research on graphical issues on Warframe but this issue seems to be getting worst as the day goes on. Usually when I host as chroma, there’s a steady 30-40 FPS, but as soon as it starts raining it drops to 10-20 fps. It’s Getting to the point that I sometimes lag, as the host, and miss shoots during my eidolon hunts. The rain also decreases your visibility on all things, from the blue light terry emits when he spawns, to the taking down of the first lure. Gotten to the point that I sometimes miss the grineer camp, where the lure spawns due to the fact that I can’t see the lure, and the camp at all. Wish DE would optimize this, or gives us an option to disable the rain. The rain adds nothing to the gameplay except decrease FPS. I know my pc isn’t the fastest, but it’s not slow either. I might just stop hosting eidolon hunts, because when I don’t host the rain isn’t as bad (still is bad). 

• Like 1

Il y a 8 heures, akhabue201 a dit :

I too started noticing this issue after the update. I’ve never had to do any research on graphical issues on Warframe but this issue seems to be getting worst as the day goes on. Usually when I host as chroma, there’s a steady 30-40 FPS, but as soon as it starts raining it drops to 10-20 fps. It’s Getting to the point that I sometimes lag, as the host, and miss shoots during my eidolon hunts. The rain also decreases your visibility on all things, from the blue light terry emits when he spawns, to the taking down of the first lure. Gotten to the point that I sometimes miss the grineer camp, where the lure spawns due to the fact that I can’t see the lure, and the camp at all. Wish DE would optimize this, or gives us an option to disable the rain. The rain adds nothing to the gameplay except decrease FPS. I know my pc isn’t the fastest, but it’s not slow either. I might just stop hosting eidolon hunts, because when I don’t host the rain isn’t as bad (still is bad). 

Hi, I found the source of the problem.
Visit my other forum for more information, you can help me by doing the same test and see that this is a bad optimization

or you can watch this video where you can see the problem more clearly