Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

since the trials are coming back...

mikakor

I loved Trials! It's nice to fight enemies that don't die on one hit. (even though I'm sure some people will manage to do that anyways)

Unless I'm mistaken, part of the reason why they were removed was because they had a small and toxic playerbase that would belittle people for not using certain frames/weapons.
Let's hope the community handles their second implementation a bit better. 😛

I hope the gameplay aspect still incorporates key aspects of the old Trials. I do understand that accessibility sells in this game, but it would be a shame if Trials ended up being a bounty type of mission. Puzzles and forced team mechanics were the reasons I personally enjoyed them (I do understand I am a minority on that). I like hosting a mission in which cooperation is required and interesting mechanics and strategies are used to effectively remove a boss in a multi-stage Trial. Eidolons and Orb Mothers do not touch these elements other than "I have experience and if I run with another experienced player, we can finish the boss without communicating since we are really good."

8 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

I loved Trials! It's nice to fight enemies that don't die on one hit. (even though I'm sure some people will manage to do that anyways)

Unless I'm mistaken, part of the reason why they were removed was because they had a small and toxic playerbase that would belittle people for not using certain frames/weapons.

i think you are highly mistaken xD because what i gathered was because the trials were a melting pot of every possible bug, and were even making other parts of warframe bugging as well.

2 hours ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

That's what I'm worried about: Copy and Paste builds and enforcing it, with devs hiding the best gear behind a wall of toxicity, with antisocial people trying to block your access to rewards (what raiding has became in WoW).

I just hope they won't be a repeat of the past:

1) Breaking with every update.

2) uses mechanics barely used in the game, causing many to be confused.

3) because of point 2 creating a sub group of gatekeeping elitists.

4) has items that are easily to create a unbreakable monopoly on.

Edited by LupisV0lk

I was glad to hear it during the stream. Though I'm sure they are gonna create completely new trials rather than bring back LoR and JV as they were. If what the devs said about the mechanics not gelling with how Warframe performs then the gameplay will be updated to reflect just how the game plays - faster stage progress, more killing stuff and less standing and waiting while pressing buttons.