Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DEVSTREAM 121 OVERVIEW

[DE]Taylor

Cooking up quests for each releasing warframe to tell their lore is taxing on the team and pulls resources that could be put to use elsewhere, I can understand that.

And I think a comic(ish?) or illustrated storytelling is a good compromise.

Not every frame needs a fully fleshed out quest, but this way they'll still have something to their name.

I wouldn't mind it if a story quest launched with its own frame every now and then, though (looking at you, Sacrifice and Umbra 🙂 ).

But where would these entries go? Considering what it was used for in the Sacrifice, I think the Vitruvian would be perfect for these little "story snippets." Either written and/or narrated by Ballas, or by the people who (re)discovered the remains of the warframe in question.

Ooor just add a new "tile" / category to the codex.

Anyway, wishing happy holidays / new year to the whole team! 🎁 🎆

Things evryone want but the developers still didn't pay attention to :
Story about ordis 
Making ordis more complicat and original 
Making him more in the game 
Give us the choice btwn many voices to our ordis and maybe evry voice with her own personality 
Give ordis a face like the lotuce when she talk ologramic face and body that apear and react 
More freedom and option of customizing the inside of ordis like chanig the arsenal the fondry places 
Making a ordis sentinel like in destiny he could assist us in the games or better trensform in to a weapon  
PS: I don't know how and wher to post it to make them see it maybe they will agree on those propositions😁

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

What about solar rail conflicts? These have been im armistice since way before trials were a small thought on tje dev team's mind and still no word about them.

That thing should stay in the rift forever. And we should kill every Limbo main in this game to prevent the revival of that sh*t

il y a 30 minutes, -SDM-NerevarCM a dit :

That thing should stay in the rift forever. And we should kill every Limbo main in this game to prevent the revival of that sh*t

Solar Rail conflicts was by far, one of the best game mode this game ever had, really hope a similar one get introduced with Railjack.

Can't say I am all that pleased about Trials getting dev time over plot, quests, or content considering how engaging and oft-played they were first go around; but would look forward to ones that are more inclusive than needing dead weight to sit on buttons while trying to crowd control or avoid damage. Shame my Oberon usage didn't help Oberon jump on to the top warframes list! 🙂

15 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Solar Rail conflicts was by far, one of the best game mode this game ever had, really hope a similar one get introduced with Railjack.

Yeah, was really good for the alliances that taxed the nodes by 99%. For the alliances that did DDoS attacks to not lose the rail.

Was really good times in the forum, full of fights because some alliances sold themselves to others. Only to maintain monopoly of the biggest ones.

Really good game mode...

17 hours ago, Aldrr said:

Cooking up quests for each releasing warframe to tell their lore is taxing on the team and pulls resources that could be put to use elsewhere, I can understand that.

And I think a comic(ish?) or illustrated storytelling is a good compromise.

Not every frame needs a fully fleshed out quest, but this way they'll still have something to their name.

I wouldn't mind it if a story quest launched with its own frame every now and then, though (looking at you, Sacrifice and Umbra 🙂 ).

But where would these entries go? Considering what it was used for in the Sacrifice, I think the Vitruvian would be perfect for these little "story snippets." Either written and/or narrated by Ballas, or by the people who (re)discovered the remains of the warframe in question.

Ooor just add a new "tile" / category to the codex.

Anyway, wishing happy holidays / new year to the whole team! 🎁 🎆

That´s not a bad idea. They colud either add the story/narrated comic like Ordis fragments OR they could add one for each warframe part. Fpr example, you build the systems and you get a part, and so on. In fact, they did a very simple version of this with Limbo. Of course, newer frames would have the comic attached to the lore fragments.

14 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Ah, a fellow Tenno of culture I see!

*Chroma is offended. You clearly have not seen the amount of amazing treasures he hoards in his floating cave. He too is one of refined tastes, even if he is not an Oberon.*

"No gifts 4 u til I'm classy 2" 😠

- Chroma

On 2018-12-23 at 10:33 AM, MirageKnight said:

...Spectral Scream still kinda sucks and Effigy is too restricted.

...🤬

"i hope you like your holiday meals grilled because nothin' but coal 4 u, bro."

Chroma has left the conversation

On 2018-12-21 at 9:12 PM, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

I could say exactly the same about the boring "stand on button + mash 4 to keep enemies locked down while being constantly told not to kill anything simulator" that used to be the trials, yet these are seeing some work despite being a project that failed so miserably that DE had to remove it not only because of how easily it could be broken, but also because of its demanding low playercount was not enough to make investing the resources needed to keep them alive.

On 2018-12-22 at 12:50 PM, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Yeah, was really good for the alliances that taxed the nodes by 99%. For the alliances that did DDoS attacks to not lose the rail.

Was really good times in the forum, full of fights because some alliances sold themselves to others. Only to maintain monopoly of the biggest ones.

Really good game mode...

Fun enough, those flaws have more to do with the politics behind solar rails than with their gameplay itself and DE could have fixed them with stuff such as caps on the taxes, punishing alliances reported for doing DDoS attacks, community coordination to take the rails away from the biggest alliances and gear balance.

Solar rails had a lot of politics in them and could get the community involved with the game one way or another constantly (support a big alliance to get big profit but get taxed by them; support a small alliance for small profit with the promise of small/no tax in the rails; or do nothing and make a riot on forums instead) while the mode itself also had endless replayability with low effort on DE's side due to its moba pvp approach and player possibility to modify the map by placing turrets and armies of specters for its defense.

How is that worse than yet another pve mode with dumb ai and bullet sponges that's challenging a few times and then becomes "do it as fast as possible, and go back to forums to ask for challenging content"?

Archived