Jump to content

Baruuk looking very great just buff his 4th more


(PSN)TayevionTheGamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Even though i dont play pc nor own him. I have seen plenty of builds/players that use him. So far i am excited to play him by time he come on consoles. Though literally my only problem with him is that his 4 is not killing endgame level enemy efficient enough so i suggest a buff to his 4 and possibly increase his cast time a little for his 2nd ability then he is looking like a warframe that I MUST main. Still really enjoyed the fact you gave him exalted fist, just so artistic (eat your hearts out atlas mains lol).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

He really isn't about killing potential. The 4th exists so you have some flexibility to your playstyle but it is still largely a CC ability. Baruuk is about damage avoidance and CC so why should his 4 be excessively powerful? 

It’s not supposed to be a CC ability. Scott said directly that it will be a powerful ability used to “kick ass”. And to answer why his 4 should be excessively powerful THATS WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD BE. They said he would be a reluctant pacifist who, once pushed over the edge, while unleash a great power. I don’t know about you but a ragdoll CC ability doesn’t scream ULTIMATE POWER to me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The 4th exists so you have some flexibility to your playstyle but it is still largely a CC ability

Errr? No?

It's CC potential is completely lacking for a hoard shooter in which enemies come from all directions.

Virtually any other CC ability is better suited for such a task.

Desert Wind is a weapon, designed to be a weapon. It should be able to output viable damage, much like EB, Hysteria or Primal Fury. It's use would be balanced by the fact that you absolutely cannot run around killing everything with one punch for an entire mission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

 Don’t know how to counter this so I’ll just give you a laugh react and take it as a joke.

It was meant as a joke.

I agree with the "it's a CC ability" sentiment (and that the slide attack is a little less obnoxious with its lift), but I like the damage reduction passive more, so I actually don't use the active ability too much. He can be a really good tank with the right build, and its working pretty well for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NIkuno said:

It was meant as a joke.

I agree with the "it's a CC ability" sentiment (and that the slide attack is a little less obnoxious with its lift), but I like the damage reduction passive more, so I actually don't use the active ability too much. He can be a really good tank with the right build, and its working pretty well for me.

So it’s not a joke. You honestly believe that his fourth ability which, I will state again, was described as this hidden ultimate power is perfect acceptable as half baked CC ability that to even use you have to build up a special meter to use.

I’ve lost all faith in humanity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s not supposed to be a CC ability. Scott said directly that it will be a powerful ability used to “kick ass”. And to answer why his 4 should be excessively powerful THATS WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD BE. They said he would be a reluctant pacifist who, once pushed over the edge, while unleash a great power. I don’t know about you but a ragdoll CC ability doesn’t scream ULTIMATE POWER to me.

Causes impact procs and ragdolls. Is CC ability. Does decent damage but is still a CC ability.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Causes impact procs and ragdolls. Is CC ability. Does decent damage but is still a CC ability.

 

You literally just ignored every fact I threw at you. We were told this frame would have some “Hidden power” and all we god was a sub par CC ability that we have to wait to even use. It’s insulting.

Edit: and if it is supposed to be CC then why did they bother giving it a High Crit chance to begin with? If it was meant to be CC only it would have 1-5% Crit and status and deal middling damage. But no they made it with actual damage in mind. Meaning it’s supposed to kill things.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You literally just ignored every fact I threw at you. We were told this frame would have some “Hidden power” and all we god was a sub par CC ability that we have to wait to even use. It’s insulting.

Edit: and if it is supposed to be CC then why did they bother giving it a High Crit chance to begin with? If it was meant to be CC only it would have 1-5% Crit and status and deal middling damage. But no they made it with actual damage in mind. Meaning it’s supposed to kill things.

Fact is. Is CC ability.

CC what hurts enemies. Doesn't scale with combo counter tells me it was never intended to scale. Means it is CC ability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Fact is. Is CC ability.

CC what hurts enemies. Doesn't scale with combo counter tells me it was never intended to scale. Means it is CC ability.

It means it’s a trash exalted weapon that’s not worth using.

I mean what’s the point of having his whole restraint meter, which ties into Baruuk being reluctant to even use his 4, if he struggles to kill anything within it to begin with. If it’s gonna only be for CC to begin with they might as well have scrapped the restraint meter before release him.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It means it’s a trash exalted weapon that’s not worth using.

Yup

I agree that it should be more useful and actually deal worthwhile damage. But it really isn't what we're looking at. I'm all for CC abilities but because it is exalted it really isn't very helpful.

6 minutes ago, Sacronian said:

i noticed that one additional feature with Baruuk's exalted melee is that if you hit enemies directly with your fist, not the waves of energy caused by it, that enemy will become disarmed.

Because it is a CC ability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sacronian said:

You sound like you're getting oddly defensive about this :v

The longer someone drags on a conversation when all they do is ignore my main arguments and just keep saying the same thing over and over again with no evidence towards their point, it tends to get on my nerves.

And I know one of you is gonna try and turn what I just said against me so don’t even bother.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The longer someone drags on a conversation when all they do is ignore my main arguments and just keep saying the same thing over and over again with no evidence towards their point, it tends to get on my nerves.

Alright. I will try to explain my side of the conversation with actual evidence. I might not succeed and you may disagree, but please keep in mind that i'm at least trying.

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s not supposed to be a CC ability. Scott said directly that it will be a powerful ability used to “kick ass”. And to answer why his 4 should be excessively powerful THATS WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD BE.

First off, there are many things that DE has said about a warframe, weapon, mechanic, or ability that the community does not agree upon. and perhaps by "kick ass" they just mean it looked cool, not that it would deal tons of damage. (examples would be Khora, Gara, and the Focus System rework, which most fans were disappointed by.)

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

if it is supposed to be CC then why did they bother giving it a High Crit chance to begin with? If it was meant to be CC only it would have 1-5% Crit and status and deal middling damage. But no they made it with actual damage in mind. Meaning it’s supposed to kill things.

Perhaps they gave it a high critical chance in mind for berserker builds, as being able to attack faster would make the CC of the ability more useful as there would be less downtime between strikes.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean what’s the point of having his whole restraint meter, which ties into Baruuk being reluctant to even use his 4, if he struggles to kill anything within it to begin with. If it’s gonna only be for CC to begin with they might as well have scrapped the restraint meter before release him.

The restraint meter is also in mind for his passive, as they wanted some way to build it up. They may have also done this since they knew the damage wouldn't be as high, so they wanted to make it a bit more viable by not making it drain your energy like any other exalted weapon, though this is mainly just speculation.

Overall i do think that Baruuk's 4th ability is meant for CC in smaller bursts rather than to keep the weapon up and kill with like other exalted weapons since the drain is a set amount unaffected by mods and his meter is most likely much smaller than almost any energy pool in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sacronian said:

-several words-

Yeah sorry, I’m not sold on it. If it was for CC only it doesn’t make any sense since he already has a better CC ability in his kit. Lull might not be as immediate as Serene storm, but it keeps enemies upright instead of rag dolling them around making killing them even harder for a squad mate using a gun. Also it’s not restricted to only being usable after using the other abilities for a duration.

Serene storm has this unique build up to it, you have to work to be able to actually use it. And to have all that build up for what basically amounts to a big gust of wind is massively disappointing.

You also argue that the restraint is his passive. Well even still his Exalted fists aren’t anywhere near powerful enough to justify tying them to it.

Why would They worry about how much energy he’s draining? Doesn’t he have one of the highest max energy’s in the game? Yeah, 300 base energy at max rank.

Also while looking this up on the wiki I found the exact quote from the stream I needed.

“Baruuk is someone who normally avoids combat but is extremely effective at it once pushed past is breaking point”

Another quote:” Baruuks abilites are described to revolve around around mitigating, suppressing and preventing damage until reaching a certain threshold, after which he switches to all-out offense

Yeah I don’t consider a CC ability to be an accurate representation of “all-out offense”.

Serene storm was sold to us as a DPS ability and it is failing to live up to that claim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...