Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confirmed 50+ "Orb Vallis Somachord" locations & suggestion for DE [Updated]

TartarusLane

Question

So, I've been running a bit alone and a bit with friends around Orb Vallis to find all the Somachords to get all 7 songs. Took us probably around 4-5 hours to get them all.
Since I couldn't find any maps with locations etc. only people struggling to find them, I've decided to mark them on map and post here.

I've found overall 21 Somachord spots.
It's enough to make it easier to find, you dont even need anything like Khora warframe, just the loot detection mods on and Archwing and just fly low above the surface. Go out to Orb Vallis choose the path for loop you want and just check out all these locations, when you find one go back to Fortuna and repeat.
Do it with full team of 4 people! Will be easier if you struggle doing it solo.

There is only 1 Somachord per session. Each song requires 4 Somachord scans.
Keep in mind that you can find Somachord twice or even more in the same spot,
so before doing another loop always check the location where you found the Somachord last time.

You should find one Somachord after another for one and the same song.
When you scan 4/4 Somachords and unlock the song it will be replaced with another song next time you go to OV.
At least its how it worked for me, but then again I've been just doing this through 4-5 hours straight, no breaks.
Also I had 1 or 2 situations when I couldn't find them in ANY of these 21 locations and that is why
I suspected there might be more than 21 locations though it could have been a bug with spawn as well. 

So in case anyone encounter a new location... you know what to do.
(You don't? Well: Post screenshot with exact location on zoomed map and I will add it on the map below. Also if you gonna post more than 1, place them all in one post)

50+ Somachord Spots marked on the map. Good job guys! However I won't be updating it anymore as of now,
but by all means you guys can continue this for your own convenience.
Good Luck!

I also have suggestion for DE
Dear DE, if you guys wanna keep Open World Somachords the way you made it, but make it easier for some people... then at least choose some permament spots and place them like for example all 4 Somachords for 1 song in one "sector" on the map, so it will be possible to find them all by entering Orb Vallis only once. I personally don't mind looking for them it's actually cool thing to do for me, but reentering Orb Vallis every time to find only 1 Somachord was indeed a bit annoying. I understand the same system was used here as it is on normal maps, but in reality it's not that good. Even though I found so many spots alone and with friends and have all the songs already I still think permament spots would be better idea.

Songs:
» We All Lift Together - FORTUNA Main Theme
» Vapor Trails - Orb Vallis Theme
» Cold Tundra - Orb Vallis Combat
» Fluid Mechanics - Orb Vallis Theme 2
» Coldwave - Orb Vallis Combat 2
» Klokkit - Ventkids Song 1
» Null Unit - Ventkids Song 2 

UPDATE:
 SPOTS ADDED TO THE MAP
WARFRAME_-_Orb_Vallis_Somachord_Map_v5.p
Sorry for crap quality it's really impossible to find high quality map of Orb Vallis... lol. I hope it's clear enough though.

Edited by Hategrinder
  • Like 26

Hao! Glad to see - someone doing same search. x)
I have some confirmation-screenshots of new spots:

And I want offer this map with 56 spots at all:

3KIM4oa.jpg
It have blue and red ways for faster coordination in party, and if somachords not be on these spots, then players can search on all territory divided into colored areas (if they want to find new spot, but chanse that it will occur seems very low x) ).

UPD.
With Deck 12 one spot (56) is added. It's right in the load-cave under elevator (one problem with it - you can't see the object from long distance outside the cave). I don't know old spot is moved or not...

Edited by Toonya
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, TGDM said:

More than 21 for sure. Here's the rough location of the Reflector Control one (above the OR in REFLECTOR on the map text, randomly on the mountain)

Great! I've updated the map. Would be great too if you could show it closer on map so I could see better where to place the mark.

Edited by Hategrinder

On 2018-12-21 at 10:07 PM, Hategrinder said:

So, I've been running a bit alone and a bit with friends around Orb Vallis to find all the Somachords to get all 7 songs. Took us probably around 4-5 hours to get them all. I just found all the Somachords and got all 7 Songs. Since I couldn't find any maps with locations etc. only people struggling to find them, I've decided to mark them on map and upload here. These are all the locations where I found Somachords in Orb Vallis, no idea if these are ALL of them, but there is quite lot of them and after you know the locations of possible spawn it's just matter of enter/exit Orb Vallis.
vZ4kNgO.jpg
Sorry for crap quality it's really impossible to find high quality map of Orb Vallis... lol. I hope it's clear enough though.

Found some extra spots, marked them in green dots

https://imgur.com/a/nBGJ2jK

7 hours ago, Vanguard836 said:

Found some extra spots, marked them in green dots

https://imgur.com/a/nBGJ2jK

Good job! You confirm these are all 100% legit yes? How many exactly cause I'm trying to add them to map but green dots are quite pain to detect on this map.
EDIT: Also noticed you marked few that are already added to the map I posted.
EDIT 2: Looks like there is 10 new spots. I'll update the map.

Edited by Hategrinder

20 minutes ago, iLegend5 said:

Yes i upload it from imgur, but maybe this link will work :

https://imgur.com/NEQxDj0

https://imgur.com/nztcHM6

https://imgur.com/AdPHhEd (edit with a new one that i just found )

Thank You. Both spots added also changed pink dots to yellow for better visibility. 
Edit: Now damn pictures started displaying properly... wtf WF Forum. Guess for everyone posting to imgur be cautious. Something is off here with imgur pictures.

Edited by Hategrinder

il y a 4 minutes, Hategrinder a dit :

Thank You. Both spots added also changed pink dots to yellow for better visibility. 
Edit: Now damn pictures started displaying properly... wtf WF Forum. Guess for everyone posting to imgur be cautious. Something is off here with imgur pictures.

The third link that i post work ?

1 minute ago, iLegend5 said:

The third link that i post work ?

First 2 posts with both screenshots you uploaded didn't work earlier but now they do... after you actually posted third post with both links to the pictures.

Edited by Hategrinder

il y a 7 minutes, Hategrinder a dit :

First 2 posts with both screenshots you uploaded didn't work earlier but now they do... after you actually posted third post with both links to the pictures.

Oh ok because i don't know if you saw but i edited my previous post with both link and add a third one to it with a new spot, i link it here in case you didn't see it https://imgur.com/AdPHhEd

( Sorry if my english is bad i'm trying my best 🙂 )

Edited by iLegend5

4 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

On a map that friggin' huge? With 3 songs to unlock?

Jesus DE...

Thanks for your hard work, OP. It's greatly appreciated!

There is actually 7 songs each requires 4 Somachords to be scanned so you can unlock it.

---
@iLegend5

Oh ok because i don't know if you saw but i edited my previous post with both link and add a third one to it, i link it here in case you didn't see it https://imgur.com/AdPHhEd

( Sorry if my english is bad i'm trying my best 🙂 )

Oh so thats why they started working out of sudden.

Edited by Hategrinder

1 minute ago, Hategrinder said:

There is actually 7 songs each requires 4 Somachords to be scanned so you can unlock it.

What the actual...?!

Hey DE? At least some of us play games to have fun. No, repeatedly looking for a proverbial needle in a haystack is NOT fun.

I love the music for Fortuna (Sythnpop / Synthwave fan here) but this is really too much.

Same goes for memory fragments.