Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confirmed 50+ "Orb Vallis Somachord" locations & suggestion for DE [Updated]

TartarusLane

Question

So, I've been running a bit alone and a bit with friends around Orb Vallis to find all the Somachords to get all 7 songs. Took us probably around 4-5 hours to get them all.
Since I couldn't find any maps with locations etc. only people struggling to find them, I've decided to mark them on map and post here.

I've found overall 21 Somachord spots.
It's enough to make it easier to find, you dont even need anything like Khora warframe, just the loot detection mods on and Archwing and just fly low above the surface. Go out to Orb Vallis choose the path for loop you want and just check out all these locations, when you find one go back to Fortuna and repeat.
Do it with full team of 4 people! Will be easier if you struggle doing it solo.

There is only 1 Somachord per session. Each song requires 4 Somachord scans.
Keep in mind that you can find Somachord twice or even more in the same spot,
so before doing another loop always check the location where you found the Somachord last time.

You should find one Somachord after another for one and the same song.
When you scan 4/4 Somachords and unlock the song it will be replaced with another song next time you go to OV.
At least its how it worked for me, but then again I've been just doing this through 4-5 hours straight, no breaks.
Also I had 1 or 2 situations when I couldn't find them in ANY of these 21 locations and that is why
I suspected there might be more than 21 locations though it could have been a bug with spawn as well. 

So in case anyone encounter a new location... you know what to do.
(You don't? Well: Post screenshot with exact location on zoomed map and I will add it on the map below. Also if you gonna post more than 1, place them all in one post)

50+ Somachord Spots marked on the map. Good job guys! However I won't be updating it anymore as of now,
but by all means you guys can continue this for your own convenience.
Good Luck!

I also have suggestion for DE
Dear DE, if you guys wanna keep Open World Somachords the way you made it, but make it easier for some people... then at least choose some permament spots and place them like for example all 4 Somachords for 1 song in one "sector" on the map, so it will be possible to find them all by entering Orb Vallis only once. I personally don't mind looking for them it's actually cool thing to do for me, but reentering Orb Vallis every time to find only 1 Somachord was indeed a bit annoying. I understand the same system was used here as it is on normal maps, but in reality it's not that good. Even though I found so many spots alone and with friends and have all the songs already I still think permament spots would be better idea.

Songs:
» We All Lift Together - FORTUNA Main Theme
» Vapor Trails - Orb Vallis Theme
» Cold Tundra - Orb Vallis Combat
» Fluid Mechanics - Orb Vallis Theme 2
» Coldwave - Orb Vallis Combat 2
» Klokkit - Ventkids Song 1
» Null Unit - Ventkids Song 2 

UPDATE:
 SPOTS ADDED TO THE MAP
WARFRAME_-_Orb_Vallis_Somachord_Map_v5.p
Sorry for crap quality it's really impossible to find high quality map of Orb Vallis... lol. I hope it's clear enough though.

Edited by Hategrinder
  • Like 26

4 hours ago, EDM774 said:

Found one inside the Base/hangar thing where the Pearl is (right under the solaris U operative there). At first I thought it was one of the marked spots and I don't know if I should even post this since technically it's in the red circle of the pearl zone on your map but I just wanted to contribute.

Don't look at red circles I had totally different idea for it and thats why I marked them. But now since there is so many locations, it doesn't matter. So yea post where you found it on map.

On 2018-12-22 at 11:07 AM, Hategrinder said:

So, I've been running a bit alone and a bit with friends around Orb Vallis to find all the Somachords to get all 7 songs. Took us probably around 4-5 hours to get them all.
Since I couldn't find any maps with locations etc. only people struggling to find them, I've decided to mark them on map and post here.

It's enough to make it easier to find, you dont even need anything like Khora warframe, just the loot detection mods on and Archwing and just fly low above the surface. Go out to Orb Vallis choose the path for loop you want and just check out all these locations, when you find one go back to Fortuna and repeat.

Keep in mind that you can find Somachord twice or even more in the same spot.

When you scan 4/4 Somachords and unlock the song it will be replaced with another song next time you go to OV.
At least its how it worked for me, but then again I've been just doing this through 4-5 hours straight, no breaks.
Also I had 1 or 2 situations when I couldn't find them in ANY of these 21 locations and that is why
I suspected there might be more than 21 locations though it could have been a bug with spawn as well. 

(You don't? Well: Post screenshot with exact location on zoomed map and I will add it on the map below. Also if you gonna post more than 1, place them all in one post)
Good Luck!

Songs:
» We All Lift Together - FORTUNA Main Theme

UPDATE:
 SPOTS ADDED TO THE MAP  | Good job so far guys!
WARFRAME_-_Orb_Vallis_Somachord_Map_v4.p
Sorry for crap quality it's really impossible to find high quality map of Orb Vallis... lol. I hope it's clear enough though.

I had found a new spot - It just left side of "COOLANT RESERVOIR" - A small patch of orange texture area...

Edited by Gnlstorm

Found a new one. NOTE: ignore the waypoint that was for my clanmate's memory fragment scan.

Warframe0219.jpg

I also came across the one in the pearl that isn't marked on your map for a second time, but forgot to screenshot that. It's in the green building next to the T from "The Pearl" text

Edited by EDM774

@Hategrinder 3 New Spots 👌

unknown.png

Also created new map with ingame screenshoted Big map (so colors are more easy on eye imo) (and fixed few of markers being juust a bit off spot) and marked ALL 51 Spots found so far on it. You can use it in your post and continue to add on it 👌 I dont mind 🤗
XbRCSxy.png

Edited by Spirit
  • Like 5

On 2018-12-21 at 7:07 PM, Hategrinder said:

Keep in mind that you can find Somachord twice or even more in the same spot.

Good Luck!

Songs:
» We All Lift Together - FORTUNA Main Theme

UPDATE:
 SPOTS ADDED TO THE MAP  | Good job so far guys!
WARFRAME_-_Orb_Vallis_Somachord_Map_v4.p

Got 2 from this map, thanks. The other 2 got from the resovoir by dumb luck. 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎30 at 6:25 AM, EDM774 said:

that makes 4 fragments or 1 song. There's 6 more songs in the Orb Vallis so you need to go back hunting my dude 😄

truthfully I only wanted that one song, but maybe ill go back to hunting, after I do everything I put aside for this hunt

50+ Somachord Spots marked on the map. Good job guys! However I won't be updating it anymore as of now,
but by all means you guys can continue this for your own convenience. Good Luck!

I also have suggestion for DE
Dear DE, if you guys wanna keep Open World Somachords the way you made it, but make it easier for some people... then at least choose some permament spots and place them like for example all 4 Somachords for 1 song in one "sector" on the map, so it will be possible to find them all by entering Orb Vallis only once. I personally don't mind looking for them it's actually cool thing to do for me, but reentering Orb Vallis every time to find only 1 Somachord was indeed a bit annoying. I understand the same system was used here as it is on normal maps, but in reality it's not that good. Even though I found so many spots alone and with friends and have all the songs already I still think permament spots would be better idea.

Edited by Hategrinder

Thanks for the work, but I also think it needs to be said that right now it is just ASS to farm the songs and it should be looked at it again. Especially console players and low-end PC players I imagine get pretty much the middlefinger with how this is implemented considering you're expected to sit at least 56 times through the elevator loading time in order to get all songs. You can't even do this while completing the 1.000.000 K-Drive trophy, because your loot radar isn't working on it (or the range is way too low). Terrible. These will probably be the first songs i'll just skip, hoping it becomes made bearable at some point  to unlock the nice game tracks for your orbiter everyone should have a reasonable way to get access to in the first place in my opinion.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

Sucks that DE's done nothing to directly alleviate having to comb this entire map for one fragment. Put in multiples, or lessen the spawn locations...

At least Primed Animal Instinct is a thing, doubled it with Venari and a sentinel along with Loot Radar and Thief's Wit. Pretty large radius.

it's the middle of May and DE still hasn't done anything about this! They really expect people to either A) find 28 fragments by chance during natural play and remember to scan them (assuming they dont have a Helios), or b) go into the Orb Vallis 28 times and search the ENTIRE MAP for one scan at a time

1 hour ago, Floofy-Booper said:

it's the middle of May and DE still hasn't done anything about this! They really expect people to either A) find 28 fragments by chance during natural play and remember to scan them (assuming they dont have a Helios), or b) go into the Orb Vallis 28 times and search the ENTIRE MAP for one scan at a time

I had forgotten this thread existed, good on you for bumping it

On 2019-05-23 at 10:11 PM, SpycrabSurprise said:

I had forgotten this thread existed, good on you for bumping it

I had just found it recently because I wanted to finish my somachord collection. Didn't realize it was going to be this much of an undertaking...