The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Terra Manker, is Fluctus a Corpus weapon or wut!?

SprinKah

This is a small deal but yeah....I do ponder why the Terra Mankers use the Fluctus

latest?cb=20181219045826

I mean, it's supposedly a tenno weapon, maybe just placeholder, i dunno, just a little... "out-of-place" feeling is all :V

there's not much to discuss so uh...yeah. 

Edited by SprinKah
  • Like 1

It seems to me that Tenno as well as Orokin has some irrational fear of using high tech or energy based weapons (probably a consequence of the Old War). So it always felt somehow wrong to see Fluctus among Tenno weapons. Either it is Corpus Tech entirely or reverse-engineered from it.

4 hours ago, ant99999 said:

It seems to me that Tenno as well as Orokin has some irrational fear of using high tech or energy based weapons (probably a consequence of the Old War). So it always felt somehow wrong to see Fluctus among Tenno weapons. Either it is Corpus Tech entirely or reverse-engineered from it.

huh...yeah...I suppose when you think about it, I don't exactly recall any tenno/orokin weapons that is not ballistic 😕

also, dunno about the archwing railgun sniper thing. 

Judging by general appearance Velocitus is a Tenno weapon, which make it really stand out being the only one Tenno produced weapon not using powder. But if you think of it there is nothing really high-tech in railgun principle, just two metal bars and a bullet in between. More of that, Velicitus is not the only one being that strange black ship among Orokin designed ballistics. The other is Tenora, an Orokin weapon, judging by the magazine size, not using powder to accelerate bullets and  probably not even using bullets. This examples make me think that the only weaponry the Sentient could really mess up with is one using plasma or complex circuits.

34 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Judging by general appearance Velocitus is a Tenno weapon, which make it really stand out being the only one Tenno produced weapon not using powder. But if you think of it there is nothing really high-tech in railgun principle, just two metal bars and a bullet in between. More of that, Velicitus is not the only one being that strange black ship among Orokin designed ballistics. The other is Tenora, an Orokin weapon, judging by the magazine size, not using powder to accelerate bullets and  probably not even using bullets. This examples make me think that the only weaponry the Sentient could really mess up with is one using plasma or complex circuits.

The Azima is also a laser pistol, according to its description.

This all makes sense.  Most of the tennos arsenal includes things like swords, throwing knives and simple ballistic weaponry. Its easy to assume this had to do with Orokin adherence to their sense of aesthetics but more likely because as Ballas put it the sentients could command all manner of computer device. It explains why lisets have cephalons and versions of the helminth rather than standard flight computers. It also explains much about the Dax forced to wielding swords and daggers over traditional firepower.

These weapons are simple enough to produce and remain effective. But only truly deadly in the hands of a super strong and agile warframe. Tigris prime, for example, is such a heavy hitting shot gun the recoil would break you in half.

we have enemies with strun looking shotgun that shot laser pellets, convetrix looking gun that not shoot like convetrix, jetpack crewmen where the jetpack is just 2 opticor model strapped together, theres ship engines that just oxium cannister resized, little duck use a lanka with rubico sound, etc

its called reusing assets, easier than have to make a whole new model for stuff

they can use whatever model and theres no logic

17 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

we have enemies with strun looking shotgun that shot laser pellets, convetrix looking gun that not shoot like convetrix, jetpack crewmen where the jetpack is just 2 opticor model strapped together, theres ship engines that just oxium cannister resized, little duck use a lanka with rubico sound, etc

Well, it also uses the fluctus infinite punch trough, had one shooting me from another room while doing heists. I survived and was left in a 75% surprised, 10 %amused, 15% pissed state and considered the idea to get back and rip it in half for a couple of seconds

3 часа назад, Corvid сказал:

The Azima is also a laser pistol, according to its description.

For real, never noticed that. Though we don't know exactly what are the origins of login reward weapon set. They are too bizarre and complex for regular tenno weapons.

3 часа назад, BallisticSalsa сказал:

Dax forced to wielding swords and daggers over traditional firepower.

They did use ballistics though, here is quote:

Silently, the Dax scanned the room with his rifle before jumping down and taking position in front of me. - Guardsman Synthesis imprint.

However as we can see from the other Synthesis imprints text, Orokin actively used Moas equipped with plasma cannons as their vanguard when fighting not against the Sentient.

The tradition of emphasizing on powder using ballistics was most likely being cultivated among Tenno warriors deliberately, not only to exclude the possibility of them using wrong weaponry against the Sentient, but also probably to limit their power against Dax loyal to the Orokin in case of rebellion (didn't work though as we know). Tenno weaponry was considered primitive and inferior among Orokin and Dax as can be seen from the quote:

A basic blade known as a Skana. It is widely used by the Tenno. Prime model offers slightly increased damage. - Skana Prime Codex.

This also hints that Tenno created weaponry opposed to Orokin or Dax created one existed during the Old War, so not everything Tenno-made we have in our arsenal should be considered later replicas.

Edited by ant99999

On 2018-12-22 at 10:36 PM, --DSP--Jetstream said:

while I agree wit you on thhe reusing assets thing, I mean....the shoulder guards of the Terra Mankers are literally two white Corpus Ospreys, clipped into their shoulder and many different things

But I mean, in this case, if the Fluctus is actually a Tenno weapon yeah? it'd just...not make any sense for them to use it. Sure they can reuse any assets they like but I feel like there should always be a bit of logic put into reusing assets. I think it'd be really stupid if DE releases an enemy that is illogically built with existing assets, for example....a Corpus enemy equipped with a Tenno weapon, with Grineer, Tenno AND Infested accessories put onto them....it'd make 0 sense, lore wise and completely out of place. 

Grineer should use grineer assets, Corpus should use Corpus assets. It'd be a mess of different....aesthetics. 

WOuldn't it be bloody odd to see Corpus consoles in a Grineer tileset, Grineer lockers in a Corpus Ship tileset, etc...? 

1) strun looking shotgun that shoot laset pellets. I assume you're talking about Void Tower missions' corrupted crewmen. I feel like that at least makes...just a bit of sense, cause the Corrupted enemies are...well, mind-controlled zombies from many different factions, mingled, mixed up together. So it makes sense that there'd be different assets.

2) Convetrix looking gun that doesnt shoot like convectrix, I assume you're talking about Terra Overtaker, it's still a corpus weapon, maybe they just...use different ammo. 

3) Jetpack Crewmen in archwing missions....at least they're corpus assets and don't stand out a lot. 

4) Little Duck using lanka with rubico sound: She's a rebel, not affiliated with any specific faction so she can use whatever she wants really, as for Rubico, I'd have liked it if it's the Lanka soiund but at least it's not something....physical. It's probably just because it's a more impactful sound for the purpose of indication. 

What I'm trying to say is that DE, they've done well to hide the reused assets...that's not the case with Terra Manker, cause the Fluctus is the part that stands out the most.about them. Like Corpus using...Tenno lisets as troop transport instead of the Corpus dropships, Grineer using Corpus dropships as troop transport. That'd not be a proper way to reuse assets, that'd just be....laziness, I'm sure many people don't give a damn about things like that but a lot of people still do. Aesthetics are quite important.