Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Unable to Use Companion Mods

IgnisDraconis4316

DE I seriously don't understand. You have specifically said that there are COMPANION, ROBOTIC, and BEAST mods and that, while the ROBOTIC and BEAST mods are exclusive, the COMPANION mods can be used on ALL companions.

As it stands Link Armor, Link Shields, and Link Health can be used on Kubrows, Kavats, Moas, and Helminth Chargers......... But not Sentinels.

However, Enhanced Vitality, Metal Fiber, and Calculated Redirection can be used on Kubrows, Kavats, Moas, Helminth Chargers AND Sentinels.

Now if these or any other mods are truly COMPANION mods should they not be able to be used on all COMPANIONS? Why are the Sentinels seemingly left out of all these new interesting changes you have made to pets? Are Sentinels just not going to be buffed or helped at all? Hell right now even the fetch mod is better than vaccum by 2-3 meters!

I love Sentinels but I want them to get some love to and they have been left out of the loop on all the new changes. Why?

I agree. It makes no sense.

At first, the differences in mods made a lot of sense: you have your link mods to make a super durable but utterly useless (mostly) pet or you have your sentinels. Super squishy in comparison but packed FULL of fantastic utility.

While I enjoy the idea of different companions having different mods, sentinels do have a massive survivability issue right now, and allowing the link mods to be used on them would help fix that.

That is, unless DE intends for sentinels to only be used in low-mid level content, who knows why they left sentinels so squishy. 😞

On 2018-12-24 at 11:58 PM, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

Could you post a link or something that shows this? I thought I had heard the same but when I checked they were only talking about Moas. Maybe I was looking at the wrong one

It was said on a devstream so a quick and easy link to the info would involve me having to rewatch the last 4 or so devstreams which is currently not possible. 

Unlike all the other companions, sentinels don't draw aggro unless you go down though. Sure sentinels could use more survivability because of the aoe attacks still damaging them but being on the level of other companions with just make make kubrows and kavats (mostly kubrows) inferior to sentinels again.

I don't know bout moas though since I haven't crafted one yet.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Funky_King said:

Unlike all the other companions, sentinels don't draw aggro unless you go down though. Sure sentinels could use more survivability because of the aoe attacks still damaging them but being on the level of other companions with just make make kubrows and kavats (mostly kubrows) inferior to sentinels again.

I don't know bout moas though since I haven't crafted one yet.

sentinels are already inferior to Moa's.both kubrow and kavats have access to hunter recovery which heals the warframe faster and for far more then medi ray.not to mention kubrow and kavat still have access to pack leader.

sentinels having atleast the link mods will in no way make kubrow/kavat inferior.

55 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

sentinels are already inferior to Moa's.both kubrow and kavats have access to hunter recovery which heals the warframe faster and for far more then medi ray.not to mention kubrow and kavat still have access to pack leader.

sentinels having atleast the link mods will in no way make kubrow/kavat inferior.

But you wouldn't have to bother with rezzing sentinels in high levels since they wouldn't die practically ever. As it is a Carrier Prime with close to 1k+ hp is a pretty tough companion up until bombards start to hit hard. With links a Carrier P could reach around 2k hp with most frames plus be practically untargetable. 

What would you take to a high endless? A kubrow that keeps dying against lvl 80-ish enemies and upwards or a sentinel that takes damage every once in a awhile assuming the bombards actually land their missiles?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Funky_King said:

But you wouldn't have to bother with rezzing sentinels in high levels since they wouldn't die practically ever. As it is a Carrier Prime with close to 1k+ hp is a pretty tough companion up until bombards start to hit hard. With links a Carrier P could reach around 2k hp with most frames plus be practically untargetable. 

What would you take to a high endless? A kubrow that keeps dying against lvl 80-ish enemies and upwards or a sentinel that takes damage every once in a awhile assuming the bombards actually land their missiles?

keep dying? if people watched their pets health bar and melee occasionally they would never go down. with high armor frames good luck downing them.

23 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

keep dying? if people watched their pets health bar and melee occasionally they would never go down. with high armor frames good luck downing them.

Hard to do when you also have to watch you ability timers running out plus your own hp plus your energy plus your teammates hp in case yo need to rezz someone. No to say anything about the million of things happening on screen at the same time.

And meleeing without a melee frame or tank isn't a very good idea once the enemy starts one shotting you.

I use Saryn P modded with steel fiber and vitality plus Hirudo as melee for extra heals in case I cant Regen Molt or need extra hp regen and I melee often enough and my Helminth with 900 armor and 2k+ hp still goes down fairly easily against a level 90 Heavy Gunner or Bombard or Napalm.

If Im using Valkitty? Sure the Helminth is pretty much undying but that takes a specific frame for the companion to not die. What about if Im using Ivara or another squishy frame? 

On 2018-12-29 at 12:22 AM, (PS4)Funky_King said:

Hard to do when you also have to watch you ability timers running out plus your own hp plus your energy plus your teammates hp in case yo need to rezz someone. No to say anything about the million of things happening on screen at the same time.

And meleeing without a melee frame or tank isn't a very good idea once the enemy starts one shotting you.

I use Saryn P modded with steel fiber and vitality plus Hirudo as melee for extra heals in case I cant Regen Molt or need extra hp regen and I melee often enough and my Helminth with 900 armor and 2k+ hp still goes down fairly easily against a level 90 Heavy Gunner or Bombard or Napalm.

If Im using Valkitty? Sure the Helminth is pretty much undying but that takes a specific frame for the companion to not die. What about if Im using Ivara or another squishy frame? 

Except right now I nearly use a Beast or Moa for everything because they are actually helpful. Sentinels die too quick and your wrong about them not drawing Aggro....... Sentinels draw aggro all the time. I don't know how many times I hav e been attacked took no damage and looked up to see my sentinel dying cause it was drawin the aggro. And Regen does S#&$. Now if Sentinels could be revived or have Reconstruct/Respawn mechanic then maybe. Right now they are way to useless compared to the others