Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame that compliments Octavia?

SleepyBlest

Question

Hey everyone,

My brother and I have been playing for awhile and hes really taken a liking to Octavia.  I understand that she is completely broken and doesn't need anyone to support her but we will be playing together regardless.  I cant decide on a frame to play along side him and I don't have enough experience with Octavia to make an informed decision. 

Here is what I have.  (Note: most of our clan plays Trinity so i'd like to avoid her if I can)

Banshee, Chroma, Harrow, Ivara, Khora, Loki, Mesa, Nova, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr and Volt.

If anyone can give me a hand choosing a frame that would go well with her that'd be great.  Also note if you wanna suggest something I don't own that is fine, ill  just have to get farming.

Thanks in advance!

10 answers to this question

Banshee is very good as long as she manages her Silence use and the Octavia keeps her 3 up to grant Banshee invisibility. Do note that Orb Vallis Syto Raknoids can see through invisibility, so it's not 100% foolproof.

Oberon is pretty great to play alongside her, though he usually won't get any mileage out of your invulnerability buff. Chroma's pretty great. Mirage is fantastic. Nova is, as well. Garuda certainly would be as her mark should let your Mallet deal Slash procs/true damage to anyone she marks and she can easily take care of her own energy economy without needing to be visible.

Pretty much any frame that either wants to be invisible the majority of the time or can double down on damage boosts is gonna work really well.

it really depends on what you are doing. as you said. she is a strong frame that doesn't really need anyone else around lol. i would suggest mag for the overshield her bubble control and polarize crush// probably the most engaging matchup i can think of on the spot. 

pretty much anything with some CC and a bit of EHP/ShieldEHP (or whatever its called) 

i also suggest for octavia to your brother use her 2 augment mods. it totally changes her play style and makes it a little less AFK mode. i even threw in a rolling guard in my build because a toxin/gas proc can wreck me ( i use no survivability mods so maybe wont have room for these 3 mods :P)

(and who doesn't like having more balls.. - couldn't resist haha)