Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cappin Eidolin with a lens equipped and not getting focus?

taukarrie

Question

I might be doing something wrong but I thought capping an eidolin earns 25k focus. and the mission summary at teh end of the mission shows 25k focus next to the naramon icon on my weapon.  but after capping 4 in a row I got 0 focus. what am i doing wrong?

- I have madurai active but no madurai lens equipped.

- I have a Eidolin Naramon lens installed on the zaw ive got equipped but never use the zaw for anything during the hunt.

- I dont have Naramon unlocked yet but ive been earning madurai and naramon simultaniously in other missions with that weapon while using a different frame with an Edoiln Madurai Lens installed in the frame.

does mission earned focus only go to your currently active focus tree and only if you have a lens for that tree equipped?

Can i only earn focus for unlocked trees by using the focus candy pickup during missions?

3 answers to this question

Capturing an eidolon (I'm assuming Teralyst) does not inherently give any focus aside from what you get from normal affinity gains and focus lenses. And the fight gives very little affinity, so you'll barely be getting any focus that way.

What it does give is a Brilliant Eidolon Shard which you can convert into 25k focus for the school of your choice (Operator > Focus > [Select school] > Focus Conversion). I do not know if you can use it for focus schools that you haven't unlocked yet. The other eidolons (Gantulyst and Hydrolyst) also drop Radiant Eidolon Shards, which are worth 40k focus.

16 hours ago, corallein said:

Capturing an eidolon (I'm assuming Teralyst) does not inherently give any focus aside from what you get from normal affinity gains and focus lenses. And the fight gives very little affinity, so you'll barely be getting any focus that way.

What it does give is a Brilliant Eidolon Shard which you can convert into 25k focus for the school of your choice (Operator > Focus > [Select school] > Focus Conversion). I do not know if you can use it for focus schools that you haven't unlocked yet. The other eidolons (Gantulyst and Hydrolyst) also drop Radiant Eidolon Shards, which are worth 40k focus.

Ok that was the confusion then. I thought it somehow was supposed to grant focus on top of the shards. 

and no, you cannot use the shards to gain focus for a tree you have not yet unlocked.