Melee 3.0 question

Azoic1974

Question

I just watched a few videos on people's take on the proposed changes coming in Melee 3.0.  My main concern was them saying Quick Attacks would lose combo counters, and instead, Heavy Attacks would be implemented (probably utilizing same button as channeling previously did) and they WOULD have combo counter attacks.

My questions is, are Heavy Attacks going to require full equip of melee weapon, or is it just another button press?  The reason I ask, is at the moment I prefer quick attacks, with the ability to fire my primary on the fly.  This is especially useful against Arbitration shield drones.

4 answers to this question

They are also changing it so that when you quick melee you switch instantly to the melee and when you fire you will switch back to whatever gun you had out before hand. I.e. shoot with braton press 'melee button' to attack and switch to skana (able to use all combos and heavy attacks) then press 'fire button' to switch back to braton. So, yeah, you have nothing to worry about (they've already shown it working in one of the previous devstreams).

Although i do wonder which button the heavy attacks will occupy as the fire button (which was previously used for channeling is now being used as a quick-fire button).

2 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

They are also changing it so that when you quick melee you switch instantly to the melee and when you fire you will switch back to whatever gun you had out before hand. I.e. shoot with braton press 'melee button' to attack and switch to skana (able to use all combos and heavy attacks) then press 'fire button' to switch back to braton. So, yeah, you have nothing to worry about (they've already shown it working in one of the previous devstreams).

Although i do wonder which button the heavy attacks will occupy as the fire button (which was previously used for channeling is now being used as a quick-fire button).

If that's the case, what's the point of the quick melee? if it doesnt accumulate combo points, then why not ONLY heavy attack?

because quick melee builds the combo meter whilst heavy can't. Essentially they want to change melee so you quick attack a bunch of enemies to build the meter find a decent sized group or a powerful enemy and use heavy attack on them. Do note that the amount of hits to build the combo counter will be drastically reduced; like 3.5x~4x by 100 hits.