(PS4)Dubufu

Conclave: MAG Review

48423103_1182713531904653_42588330875986

Hey guys! Welcome to my new series that I hope will take off in a constructive and meaningful way. Hope these reviews help new players understand what frames will be good for PVP, and their viability. 

Disclaimer: I have been playing conclave for a long time. I am by no means the best, but I know what I am talking about.

Mag is a high contender for conclave, and is a fierce opponent in the right hands.

Stats

ARMOR: 55 

ENERGY: 100 

HEALTH: 110

MOBILITY: 0.90

SHIELDS: 165

SPRINT SPEED: 1.00

Off the bat, we can see that her shield pool is drastically larger compared to other frames. Her kit compliments that in conclave with the use of clever polarization and high damage potential.

I will now go over her abilities, and how they work in conclave. 

To anyone new; Warframe abilities are changed specifically in conclave. Do not expect them to work the same as they do in PVE

PULL: This ability forces opponents to the ground. The range is 40 meters, but the radius is small, so make sure your crosshair is on the target for a successful knockdown or stagger, as well as  40 damage to their shields.

MAGNETIZE: A devastating ability that surrounds the player in what is essentially a larger hitbox that amplifies damage by 0.5x. Great for those players who can't stop jumping around, making for easy targets. 

POLARIZE: Give yourself a boost of instant shields, while also depleting a percentage of enemy shields within a range of 15 meters. Pair with the right weapon for 1 shot capability, preferably a shotgun if you plan to be that close.

CRUSH: Surprise enemy players with this powerful attack. Guaranteed to kill with bursts of damage up to 13 meters. Be careful, enemies can escape, and you are extremely vulnerable to anyone outside of the short radius. 

With a mix of high damage potential and constant harrassment, Mag is a threat to both new, and veteran players who think they have mastered their evasion skills. The variety of engagement options make her a solid choice for new players. She pairs well with any weapon, and can make quick work of any foe

DOWNSIDES: Her passive ability is essentially useless.

Newer players may experience inconsistencies with her Magnetize ability, in which it may proceed with the animation, but may not work at all. Likely due to being out of range or lag.

SUGGESTIONS: You can afford to sacrifice shields for mobility. For augments, I would recommend "Sapping Reach". See Teshin in the relay for mods and details. 

DIFFICULTY: EASY

RATING: 9/10 

-Dub

Edited by (PS4)Dubufu

13 hours ago, (PS4)Dubufu said:

HEALTH: 110

Mag has 100 health. Mag Prime has 110 health.

I will now go over her abilities, and how they work in conclave.
To anyone new; Warframe abilities are changed specifically in conclave. Do not expect them to work the same as they do in PVE

Mag is a difficult example to start with because her abilities in PvE are needlessly complicated, and some of this complexity leaks over to her Conclave abilities.
I presume you have not seen the community ability documentation. While not exhaustive, it's more reliable than what you've said so far.

Pull inflicts stagger, not knockdown, and deals 40 impact damage, not "40 damage to shields".
Magnetize reduces damage received. Enemies who die while under the influence of Magnetize will explode for 100 damage. Magnetize may also have a scaling DoT component.
Polarize deals a set amount of damage to shields, not a percentage. It may also expand from the initial 15m range for 2 seconds at (presumably) 5.9m/s, for a total range of 26.8m.
Crush has a LoS restriction, which may explain the "inconsistent" damage you're seeing. Whether or not this happens has very little to do with the "newness" of the casting player.

Hope these reviews help new players understand what frames will be good for PVP, and their viability. 

Just tell them to start with Rhino (Prime) and Frost (Prime).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Mag is a difficult example to start with because her abilities in PvE are needlessly complicated, and some of this complexity leaks over to her Conclave abilities.
I presume you have not seen the community ability documentation. While not exhaustive, it's more reliable than what you've said so far.

Pull inflicts stagger, not knockdown, and deals 40 impact damage, not "40 damage to shields".
Magnetize reduces damage received. Enemies who die while under the influence of Magnetize will explode for 100 damage. Magnetize may also have a scaling DoT component.
Polarize deals a set amount of damage to shields, not a percentage. It may also expand from the initial 15m range for 2 seconds at (presumably) 5.9m/s, for a total range of 26.8m.
Crush has a LoS restriction, which may explain the "inconsistent" damage you're seeing. Whether or not this happens has very little to do with the "newness" of the casting player.

Just tell them to start with Rhino (Prime) and Frost (Prime).

Thanks for information, i'll add it in an edit for a later date. Unfortunately I dont have anybody willing to do testing so my information is limited. I was not even aware that "community ability documentation" existed.

But I am confused with a few things you have said

Odd, I use normal mag and it says 110 in the stat bar for conclave

But when I go into a game it says 100.

Guess that's a discrepancy there 

I never said that "Crush" has inconsistencies. I do not understand where you got that from. I said magnetize did, in which in some cases the animation will play, but not magnetize the opponent, likely due to improper aim or being out of range

Edited by (PS4)Dubufu

I should have been more specific. Impact damage is more effective at taking down shields than health in conclave, hence why I said that, although incorrectly

DOWNSIDES: Her passive ability is essentially useless.

Her passive can be able to pick up energy and health orbs off the ground. She cannot pick ammo packs however.