Paracesis vs Gram Prime

Nayriko

Question

4 answers to this question

Paracesis has ample room for Umbral mods, and when fully leveled and Forma'd is exceptionally effective at killing Sentients as it nullifies their adaptation. So for fighting Sentients in melee, it is the superior choice.

Gram Prime's status chance, crit chance, crit severity, Slash-bias, and generally enormous damage output make it superior for combat against non-Sentient enemies, and for the moment, those are far more numerous than Sentient foes.

So, overall, if you're stuck choosing between the two, Gram Prime is superior as even against Sentient enemy types there are ways around their adaptation that allow it to still be incredibly effective while being quite a bit more effective against the other factions we fight.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

Until there is content to actually make use of Paracesis' Bane damage; Gram Prime is just flat out better in every way.

...heh by the time they add content for Paracesis they'll prolly have to buff it.

Why is Gram Prime better? Can fit Umbra mods, More Flat DPS, more Bleed DPS, better Riven Disposition, same weapon Reach, better status for build diversity.

I have a moderate Riven on my Gram and it's pushing over 3 million DPS. with Cleaving Whirlwind. That weapon's stats are just dumb and leads me to think Melee 3.0 is going to be a DPS nerf for melee with Heavy Blades up first as it's either them or polearms for the most popular weapon type to trial the updates.

Honestly for like 85% of the game's content or 85% of all the average player would play, the difference between the two would be hardly noticeable. Thus for me, if I could choose between the two, I'd absolutely go for Paracesis purely because it looks better to me.