Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cobra and Crane a better Sigma and Octantis?

TheLyricAinu

So, the post title is somewhat misleading but I wanted to keep it short, just like this one;

According to the wiki, the Cobra and Crane stole the only thing that made the Sigma and Octantis truly unique. I honestly hate that it stole its gimmick. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want the Sigma, but now that I've got the Cobra and Crane building, theres... really no point. It does what the Sigma does, but better (in some areas.) I get that they're two different weapons, but the Cobra encroaches far too much on Sigma's special login reward gimmick.

(Just a note it was 3 AM when I wrote this and could barely see out of my right eye so apologies if its a bit derpy)

2 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Just found out that Sigma & Octantis does roughly x2 normal attack damage on throw attack.

Whereas Cobra & Cane does roughly x0.10 normal attack damage on throw attack.

Hide contents

Tested using simulacrum, paused AI, versus robotics health-type.

S&O: 114 -> 221

C&C: 495 -> 85

Yo could you test if it puts enemies to sleep with Baruuk?

1 hour ago, Shylo50 said:

Yo could you test if it puts enemies to sleep with Baruuk?

I cannot, as I don't have Baruuk to test with.

Feel free to gift one to me for Tennobaum, though xD /It's a joke/Sarcasm/please don't/would feel so guilty/.

Maybe try catching a Warframe partner on Twitch and asking them? I dunno....

I dont really like that Shield throw gimmick.   Animation is way too long and ridiculous to be any good.  Throw is very delayed...  Quite often i land before it even flies out of my hand.

So, i also was disappointed that C&C got that gimmick.

1 hour ago, --Q--Sleeping said:

There's more to Sigma than just the shield throw, that's its weakest aspect.

Agreed. With a hybrid build (Condition Overload, Blood Rush, Body Count, Viral damage, etc.) Sigma and Octantis will happily chew through even Level 60 mooks. Slot Final Harbinger on that and you turn into a friggin' blender set to puree.

I seldom even use that shield throw...

On 2018-12-22 at 4:47 AM, Shylo50 said:

I REALLY want the Sigma, but now that I've got the Cobra and Crane building, theres... really no point.

Why not have both weapons? Seriously, what's stopping you? It's not like S&O is going to get jealous and threaten to murder you in your sleep - although it does do a fantastic job of killing things while you're awake and playing.

• Like 1

This is what happens when you make a post without even doing any research.

Sigma and Octantis have far better crit, has slash damage, better attack speed, and the shield throw actually does something. It actually does two things over the Cobra and Crane.

Even with Baruuk, Sigma and Octantis is more worth using than Cobra and Crane.

• Like 1

On 2019-01-07 at 2:53 PM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

This is what happens when you make a post without even doing any research.

Sigma and Octantis have far better crit, has slash damage, better attack speed, and the shield throw actually does something. It actually does two things over the Cobra and Crane.

Even with Baruuk, Sigma and Octantis is more worth using than Cobra and Crane.

I made this post specifically because I’m not good with comparing stats and mechanics. 

On 2018-12-30 at 8:53 AM, LyricLibra said:

Do you still need help with that Baruuk test? I've got him along with C&C

Crap, sorry. I rarely check the forums! Still, to answer your question, no. I tested it myself a bit ago and found out it does... then immediately wakes them up. I think.