Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Repair is now new operator must have, is it?

Raskol

It may be great on Inaros or Umbra Excal but the burst healing of Elevate will not be beaten on any other frame.

Most run with 2x Elevate, that gives you a great chance to restore 400HP in two button clicks, on most frames that is worth 50% or more of their HP. With Repair you are looking at atleast 3 seconds worth of ticks (with 2 arcanes) to get the same result, that is after you enter void mode. So you are likely losing 4 or 5 seconds on Repair while Elevate can be spammed as needed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Most run with 2x Elevate, that gives you a great chance to restore 400HP in two button clicks

Well i run "only" 1 and sometime its not triggering few times in a row and its kinda annoying when u are nearly dead

Maybe its just me but 100% chance looks better then 75%

Also, i like tanky frames so getting hp on 8k hp Inaros with Elevate is kinda dumb too :P

1 hour ago, Raskolnikow said:

Well i run "only" 1 and sometime its not triggering few times in a row and its kinda annoying when u are nearly dead

Also, i like tanky frames so getting hp on 8k hp Inaros with Elevate is kinda dumb too 😛

Yeah on Inaros it will blow everything else out of the water. Even with just one it is 800hp/sec in most high HP builds, with two you sit at 1600HP/sec. That is just insane.

On regular frames it will end up somewhere between nourish and elevate. On any frame with atleast 500hp one Repair will roughly equal two Nourish, so it will definently put Nourish into the obsolete category.

I mean if your using Inaros, why don't you just go straight up with Vazarin? We also have arcane victory and grace. The only reason why I can think of not using Vazarin on Inaros is if your using his abilities and not being the classic lazy tank setup. But even then I'm sure everyone uses rage or hunter adrenaline on their inaros, unless your going with another focus school. Though I remotely only would use naramon, zenurik and vazarin over everything else.

Or also if you don't own or have finished some of the vazarin skill tree. Mostly talking about protective dash.

Il y a 1 heure, bluepheonix13 a dit :

If you want your operator to heal the Warframe, then yes, Magus Repair is the best option.

Double elevate gives 300 hp average per transference cycle which is under one sec, double repair on average frames (100 base plus vitality) gives 158/s with a 1s initial downtime (transference in and out). 

Unless your HP is over 1500 then elevate is strictly better both in burst and sustained healing. For Inaros tho repair is pretty nuts, tho again i rarely see the need to heal on Inaros for his kit already provides that. 

il y a 17 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

Yeah on Inaros it will blow everything else out of the water. Even with just one it is 800hp/sec in most high HP builds, with two you sit at 1600HP/sec. That is just insane.

On regular frames it will end up somewhere between nourish and elevate. On any frame with atleast 500hp one Repair will roughly equal two Nourish, so it will definently put Nourish into the obsolete category.

Ye nourish was dead on arrival, being flat HP instead of % killed it. 

What repaor has over both is team utity, you can heal everyone within a 20m radius and not just yourself. 

Edited by Autongnosis
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-22 at 2:31 AM, Raskolnikow said:

Also, i like tanky frames so getting hp on 8k hp Inaros with Elevate is kinda dumb too 😛

chance doesn't matter

the cost of pressing the 5 button repeatedly is ZERO.

and it only needs to trigger 4 times to bring a frame from 2 hp to 740hp. You can, mashing the 5 button, go in and out of operator mode 6-10 times within a 2 second period. again, at ZERO cost.

the only context where elevate isn't good is inaros who has too large of an hp pool to matter. but you wouldn't bother with healing operator arcanes for inaros to begin with since arcane grace is a thing.

On 2018-12-22 at 8:11 PM, CaptainJLP said:

I mean if your using Inaros, why don't you just go straight up with Vazarin? We also have arcane victory and grace. The only reason why I can think of not using Vazarin on Inaros is if your using his abilities and not being the classic lazy tank setup. But even then I'm sure everyone uses rage or hunter adrenaline on their inaros, unless your going with another focus school. Though I remotely only would use naramon, zenurik and vazarin over everything else.

Or also if you don't own or have finished some of the vazarin skill tree. Mostly talking about protective dash.

Because sacrificing unlimited energy for a little more EHP is pointless when this arcane gives you all the healing you’ll ever need 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Because sacrificing unlimited energy for a little more EHP is pointless when this arcane gives you all the healing you’ll ever need 🤷🏻‍♂️

For a lot of frames, sure. For inaros, as was being discussed, he pretty much has infinite energy anyhow because of rage and his massive healthpool, and his only ability worth casting costs next to nothing. you don't really need zenurik regen for anything on him.

of course, switching to vazarin or something for the ability to instant full heal him would require you to have gone through all the effort of getting vazarin leveled potentially for just the one trick. that he doesn't really need because inaros can heal himself rapidly anyhow. Inaros just sort of has that "problem" in general; almost everything is redundant to the point of being unhelpful because he's just a giant sack of HP with a blind that will let you restore said hp in pretty sizable chunks

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

For a lot of frames, sure. For inaros, as was being discussed, he pretty much has infinite energy anyhow because of rage and his massive healthpool, and his only ability worth casting costs next to nothing. you don't really need zenurik regen for anything on him.

of course, switching to vazarin or something for the ability to instant full heal him would require you to have gone through all the effort of getting vazarin leveled potentially for just the one trick. that he doesn't really need because inaros can heal himself rapidly anyhow. Inaros just sort of has that "problem" in general; almost everything is redundant to the point of being unhelpful because he's just a giant sack of HP with a blind that will let you restore said hp in pretty sizable chunks

Yeah, so he has both energy and health regen relatively on kit, rage allows his health to provide energy and with energy he can sustain himself.

Doesn’t that mean that more ways to regenerate energy allow him to use his built in healing more, and thus offers him more than a third or fourth source of healing would?

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

4 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

2 second period

Either u have best internet known to men of never played in public XD

Sometimes it takes 10s to go into operator once

Grace huh? Cause every single player have it obviously :P

I do have it but just making a point

Edited by Raskolnikow
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Either u have best internet known to men of never played in public XD

Sometimes it takes 10s to go into operator once

Grace huh? Cause every single player have it obviously 😛

I do have it but just making a point

I know this feeling 😐

The operator can be kind of useful when you can dart in and out, void blast or amp fire.

But that’s only ever practical when you’re by yourself.

Any ping at all and it feels so cumbersome, I’ve stood still waiting for energising dash to proc for roughly 5 seconds before.

It felt like waiting for the second tick of an energy plate hahaha

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

It sounds better to you because you dont have 2 sets of elevate. I do. Its basically 99% chance to restore your health in 1 second instead of sitting in the operator in void mode doing nothing.

Tho repair probably can be useful in some situations. And its obviously way cheaper. But so is health pads.

Цитата

chance doesn't matter

It kinda does, but 75% if a *** lot. Only someone who doesnt have it can think its bad. As someone who doesnt have energze thinks 40% is low but in reality 2 sets proc basically every other orb.

Edited by -Temp0-

Eh, I think both are highly overrated and borderline useless, as in, not even worth farming unless to trade to some clueless new player. 

If you're in a situation where your Warframe needs healing, you can: 

1) Hit an enemy with a Life Strike weapon. 

2) Pop a pizza. Fastest way for everything that is not Inaros (who can finisher heal anyways). 

3) Bring a Medi-Ray Moa/Sentinel. 

4) Equip a Guardian+Grace or double Grace combo and never, ever need healing in the first place. 

5) Run a squad with any of the healer frames. 

Oh, and if you're losing HP at a dangerous (read: noticeable) rate you're probably in over your head anyway, because of how Warframe goes from "stop it, that tickles" to "oneshot KO" in terms of enemy damage. I think Magus Vigor and Husk are still the only thing that is more or less universal when it comes to operator Arcanes, TBH. 

Edited by Reifnir

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

I think both are highly overrated and borderline useless, as in, not even worth farming unless to trade to some clueless new player. 

1. You will most probably get killed with the next hit trying to heal with melee, because most of the time if you get hit hard enough to require a heal it means void dash the clem away at once. Secondly it takes up a mod slot, which is alright for quick melee I guess, unless you're a tanky frame with your melee equipped and actively using it - in this case it hurts your damage output a lot more.

2. Confines you to an area, works in pulses that come at long intervals meaning you mostly need to pop several at once each time you want to heal, unless you can afford to stand there for some time, which brings about the next one - you'll be crafting them all the time, very inconvenient 10x bundles notwithstanding. 

3. This one is random and heals a tiny amount. I get hit for like half the HP or all of it bringing you down to 2, need instant healing on demand.

4. There aren't that many frames that can heal through Grace. Inaros can for some time, while Valkyr, for example, despite all the armor she has, cannot rely on Grace alone to heal her, she's going down and fast. Most frames don't have any use for Grace at all.

5. True, but this argument can wreck any versatile build. Full strength Roar Rhino is the best build, don't use any other kind, this one works best in a dedicated squad - that kind of thing.

Now, why I find Elevate extremely useful: I always use void dash to get out of trouble, you get hit - void dash away and get healed at the same time. Or just use it to move around quickly, while still healing whatever HP you might be missing. It's an amazing synergy. (I rarely ever spam transference standing in one place to heal, it can be a good way to get yourself killed).

It works instantly, doesn't require energy or resources. It can help improve your builds by freeing up mod slots because it can make stuff like Regen Molt obsolete and it doesn't bind you to one particular Focus school for healing. 

1 minute ago, DarthKadra said:

1. You will most probably get killed with the next hit trying to heal with melee, because most of the time if you get hit hard enough to require a heal it means void dash the clem away at once. Secondly it takes up a mod slot, which is alright for quick melee I guess, unless you're a tanky frame with your melee equipped and actively using it - in this case it hurts your damage output a lot more.

I beg to differ.

Inaros (or Nidus, or Valkyr) Adaptation + Life Strike + Rage + Arcane Avenger + Arcane Guardian = unstoppable killing machine that can keep going long after most frames die. 

Spoiler

Case in point:

3av7pY4.jpg

4 minutes ago, DarthKadra said:

There aren't that many frames that can heal through Grace. Inaros can for some time, while Valkyr, for example, despite all the armor she has, cannot rely on Grace alone to heal her, she's going down and fast. Most frames don't have any use for Grace at all.

Pair it with Adaptation and see for yourself. Yes, it works with sturdy frames, but then again, you're either a sturdy frame or a dead frame most of the time in Warframe. 

13 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Pair it with Adaptation and see for yourself.

I know it's not enough for Valkyr, she cannot survive through Grace alone, Adaptation or not. She needs additional healing sources. Squishier frames without DR abilities can forget about Grace altogether, they'll get killed before Adaptation or Grace even kick in. 

15 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Inaros (or Nidus, or Valkyr) Adaptation + Life Strike + Rage + Arcane Avenger + Arcane Guardian = unstoppable killing machine that can keep going long after most frames die. 

Yes, only works for tanky frames. As I said, you're trading some damage for it, not necessarily a bad thing, just an observation. But I guess Life Strike is the strongest option if you want to go visible melee, it always has been. Basically heals to full almost instantly, just hit fast and have Handspring on where necessary. Yeah, I've played like that for quite some time.