Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Was So Wrong: A Sorta Apology From An Old Player

ChaosSpectre86

Hello, name is Spectre. I've been playing Warframe since near the end of closed beta. I have sunk more hours into this game than almost any MMO I've ever touched, coming second only to Guild Wars 2.

Warframe was a unique change from the repetitive industry for MMOs. It was a third person shooter with fast paced action, and it was PVE only, something practically unheard of in shooters. I was so glad to see it do successful, but there was a point where I thought their greed had struck in, and I left for a month.

I was irritated with broken mechanics, some useless weapons (BO), and they put the nail in the coffin when they made resources purchasable with real money, making all my hours spent farming materials seem like nothing to someone who had the money to dish out for it. I left for a couple months, and had no intentions to return, even if I had gotten a founders pack.

I decided to return when a friend wanted to check the game out, and realized that the only reason I was irritated with the game was because of two things.

1) A lack of realization that this game is still in beta and is not done yet.

2) Thinking that DE are development gods and should be able to fix every single problem in the game with every single patch.

I was just annoyed with my Volt feeling useless, my purchase of Bo being useless, and the overall feeling that many of my efforts in this game, especially resource farming, being worth crap compared to someone who had money.

I just came back now however, and I am honestly quite happy with the changes, especially cause there was a lot of them. There was so much improvement to Warframe, and they keep going with it. DE has done a spectacular job in the few months I have been gone.

They have made this game overall better, and made it even more fun than it was before. Not many moments in games made my jaw drop like when I used Blade Storm on Ash after being gone for so long.

So honestly, I feel everyone, including myself, is impatient with DE. While I will never agree that purchasable resources will be a good idea and be anything but greedy, I can look past and see that DE has done a great job at making this game good and still keeping the loyal players in mind.

I've now come back and plan to stick around. Thanks DE for making an amazing game, and please keep it going.

P.S. Fix Bo please, I still want to love that weapon, but I can't.

Tl;dr- DE is doing a great job with this game, even if it may feel slow. While there are some things i don't like, I still love this game and the hard work put into it. Try realizing how hard they worked on this game, and maybe you will see that it is actually coming along really well.

*Turns into a cat and uses fluffy paws to hug Spectre370*

Meow~! :3

*Cough*

Well, F2PMMOs can never be completed in any way. It is simply how a F2PMMO works. They constantly change and improve. The whole 'Beta' thing calms most people when they start questioning the state of the game and stuff.

Anyway, glad to see you back!     (=^-ω-^=)

I will say that the purchasable resources gave me a little something to spend my plat on. I like never buy weapons, I never buy warframes, but I've had a little bit of trouble in gaining some resources and purchased them, since I spent 250 dollars in the game. Heck, I barely have time to play anymore except weekends, sadly, that said, I have a lot of level 30 stuff and enjoy everything I can get my hands on. 

You are very wise Spectre for seeing this game in that light... it is important to remember DE is not huge, and sometimes not being huge like EA... (may some religious being of infinite wisdom have mercy on their souls,hate that company with a passion) is a good thing... Being small is good... makes their decisions more straight forward, and not all over the place and screwed up..

I think resources won't get many purchases since they can be found easily in the game, maybe by a few some rich retards or by mistake :p

As for Bo, use it just to enjoy the animation and to gain mastery, :) works okay on Grinners with slide-attacks but don't expect blunt weapons or short blades to be effective on the infested.

hug?

I'm overall happy with the progress that this game is making, but the uncertainty of weapon balance in the future is really killing my ability to enjoy playing the game right now. I hope that Armor 2.0 will clear the air on that, because I'm satisfied with how pretty much everything else is coming along.

People have bought the unreasonably expensive resources? People care if anyone bought the unreasonably expensive resources?

What about when rare and common was swapped for a weekend and everyone got 100+ neurodes or control modules.

Is anyone still bitter about that?

Or now that rare resources can be 1-3 in a pickup or be rewarded 1-2 from a quick alert that guaranties the drop?

Or the new survivals that drops monster amounts of resources.

*Turns into a cat and uses fluffy paws to hug Spectre370*

Meow~! :3

*Cough*

Well, F2PMMOs can never be completed in any way. It is simply how a F2PMMO works. They constantly change and improve. The whole 'Beta' thing calms most people when they start questioning the state of the game and stuff.

Anyway, glad to see you back!     (=^-ω-^=)

What cancerous vomit did I just read? Wow.

Thanks for all the sentiment people. 

Racked up probably another good 10 hours alone yesterday, and I love all the changes quite a bit. Can't wait to see what is next.

And to the guy that said I left because resources became purchasable, you read it wrong. That was the final nail that made me leave, I was frustrated with the progress of this game cause I was impatient and it seemed like it was leading into a greedy system. I was clearly wrong. 

Also, Rengakun, I enjoy cats, lets be friends