Fortuna is Fun.

BL4CKN0ISE

I've been so critical of Archguns, but I haven't been completely fair in explaining my feelings about Fortuna as a whole. I did more Eidolon captures than I can count, but I only really enjoyed the first few. They felt more like a job after that. It was just a way to get cores and arcanes. Farming on Orb Vallis is actually really fun IMO. Fighting Orb Mothers is also really fun. If Archguns just equipped faster and didn't have a cooldown, I think I would love Fortuna even more. I also think it would be a good idea for Archguns to have innate ammo mutation to help with their use on Fortuna and everywhere else.

Anyways, The "Eidolon Meta" kinda ruined PoE for me. I just started using Valkyr or Chroma with Exodia Contagion(highest damage I've seen btw) to take down Eidolons just so I could enjoy it. With Orb Mothers, I've been trying out so many frames and I'm surprised how many can work. Even farming Toroids is more fun than any other farming in the game IMO. You are definitely on the right track for sure. 

I just wanted to say good job on the Fortuna 1&2 update. There's still some room for improvement, but I'm definitely having fun. That's the most important part for me. Oh yeah, Ticker is one of my favorite additions to the game. He's basically what I wanted with PoE. I didn't like how Cetus and Quills were completely separate. Ticker completely fixes that for Fortuna. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE
  • Like 6

Awesome..  I sadly forget to say thank you where it's needed..  And every time of plan on it..  I see posts that really don't need my input, but there is am. 

Have yet to play updates all my system are down, down down down.... 

Can't wait though. 

I think if they made the movement of operators more fluent it would be amazing... We should have gliding suits to go with our insane jumping.. That can kill us lol... 

Awesome thread through! 

Now that the Orb fights are out and most of the major bugs are fixed, I'm having a lot of fun with Fortuna as well! MOA companions are fun, Archguns are great and most of the recently added Corpus weapons such as Battacor are really good. I'd still like to see some changed to Profit Taker's drops, but other than that the updates have been great.

Eeeeh..thats very subjective.

Fortuna boils down to 3 things:

>Repetitive Bounties 
>Plushy Hunts 
>Moar Fishing!!!

Frankly I do like the idea of having Sandboxes like Orb Valis and the Plains, but they lack ALOT when it comes to actual Immersion, the former more then the latter for obvious reasons.

I have hopes that Railjack will be the game changer that Warframe really needs to ''glue'' everything together and give us a better expirience overall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henji said:

>Plushy Hunts

Hunts are ok, but excessively formulaic and linear. The tracking element is a problem for the color blind.

At least you can pick them up in map.

We don’t have hunting a cagey animal or fish... or even better track and cap ( as in head shot , or stealth kill or pilfer) a corpus.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

5 hours ago, Henji said:

I have hopes that Railjack will be the game changer that Warframe really needs to ''glue'' everything together and give us a better expirience overall. 

Right. I expect Railjack to be locked behind max rank Vox Solaris standing, which is itself locked behind Solaris United standing. I also expect the Railjacks themselves to have each section of the ship locked by it's own standing grind, which itself will be locked behind a standing grind to get access to the ship.

Then, I expect every basement dweller on the forums and Reddit and their dogs, to come clamoring up to the surface to defend it.

Edited by Highlord83
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Highlord83 said:

Right. I expect Railjack to be locked behind max rank Vox Solaris standing, which is itself locked behind Solaris United standing. I also expect the Railjacks themselves to have each section of the ship by it's own standing grind, which itself will be locked behind a standing grind to get access to the ship.

A bit of an exaggeration...but sadly not by much. I think you're spot on with regard to Railjack being locked behind rank standing for Solaris United at the very least. I wouldn't be at all surprised if DE required a high standing rank with Vox as well, although I really hope that's NOT the case. 

I do expect Railjack to be locked behind bounties and specific gear / components as well.

5 minutes ago, Highlord83 said:

Then, I expect every basement dweller on the forums and Reddit and their dogs, to com clamoring up to the surface to defend it.

Wouldn't be Warframe forums without them...which frankly would be an extremely good thing for the game's health because the vast bulk of the feedback would be honest and constructive.

4 hours ago, Henji said:

Eeeeh..thats very subjective.

Agreed. It would be more accurate and honest to say that Fortuna CAN be fun.

5 hours ago, Henji said:

Fortuna boils down to 3 things:

>Repetitive Bounties 
>Plushy Hunts 
>Moar Fishing!!!

Frankly I do like the idea of having Sandboxes like Orb Valis and the Plains, but they lack ALOT when it comes to actual Immersion, the former more then the latter for obvious reasons.

Pretty much. When I told my roommate about Orb Vallis, she said "You fish...for WHAT? What the heck do the devs smoke??"

Also, you forgot hover-boarding. Because you can't grind without grinding!

5 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Archguns are great

You're joking, right? There are Primaries ad Secondaries that can easily out-damage them. Plus, they're locked behind standing and grind-walls...and an arguably obscene cooldown.

Arch-Guns are still, arguably, mediocre and do not warrant the arbitrary walls they're put behind.

5 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

most of the recently added Corpus weapons such as Battacor are really good.

The Battacor is a bit slow for my taste, but yes it is a fun weapon for me. The Ocucor could stand to be a bit more ammo-efficient and benefit from Ruinous Extension, but again it can be a fun weapon. The Kreska...is arguably an over-sized, heated squeegee / ice-pick that doesn't bring anything really interesting to a fight.

5 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

You're joking, right? There are Primaries ad Secondaries that can easily out-damage them. Plus, they're locked behind standing and grind-walls...and an arguably obscene cooldown.

Arch-Guns are still, arguably, mediocre and do not warrant the arbitrary walls they're put behind.

The Battacor is a bit slow for my taste, but yes it is a fun weapon for me. The Ocucor could stand to be a bit more ammo-efficient and benefit from Ruinous Extension, but again it can be a fun weapon. The Kreska...is arguably an over-sized, heated squeegee / ice-pick that doesn't bring anything really interesting to a fight.

eVeRyThInG mUsT aLwAyS bE aBoUt ThE dPs!!! hurrdurr

They add a decent amount of variety into the game when you get to the point you can play any mission with any loadout relatively efficiently. I'm the kind of player who likes to sink forma into pretty much everything and try to minmax even the most underused weapons. I think last time I calculated my total forma spent, the number was floating around 500'ish. That's why I enjoyed the weapons, Battacor especially.

Fortuna is not that great after you completed the first couple of bounties.

Bounties are just as boring as they are on PoE.

Mining is improved, but nothing i enjoy doing.

Fishing, if you liked it on PoE i guess you like it in Orb Vallis.

K-drive.. 3min and i switched back to arcwing.

Toroid farming is so far the only thing i really enjoyed, very fun when you get it going.

So really, they could have released just Toroid farming and saved a lot of time ^^

Meanwhile, I'm on the flip side where I think toroid farming is one of the most miserably boring things they've put out in quite some time. It's just mindless farmsquadding like every other resource farm has been for years.

...though not on THAT much of a flipside, because I also think everything else is pretty underwhelming if not outright boring. The orb fight seems kind of neat if you aren't undergeared or full on cheesing it, but since I don't have ANY use for fighting it, I haven't bothered doing so more than the once. If they implemented a way to convert crisma toroids into regular ones or something so I could do it instead of falling asleep, that'd be nice.

edit: still a step up from PoE where everything about it, on all fronts, was insultingly bad gameplay-wise. I guess zaws were grossly overpowered for people who like mashing e or spinning, though.

Edited by OvisCaedo