Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzure

Shields are underpowered - Buff?

On 2018-12-22 at 8:28 AM, Muzure said:

I think everyone knows that. I think it would make sense to buff shields just a little bit

for example

as long as you got at least 1 shield point, you wont get physical procs - corpus would get tankier and players wouldnt build for grineer only

(they are always tankier than corpus, in any way, even if you build for them, corrosive will over strip and does less dmg then, or you build a viral/slash which even then corpus are more fragile.)

-armor and shield would be kinda even

-magnetism element wont be a waste anymore

-slash would get nerfed

-frames like mag or hydroid would get tankier (shield mods are no longer garbo)

-the impact proc will get buffed (because it wont appear that often anymore, lol, impact vacuums posterior)

i would love to see this, even as an event for a weekend as a test, thats just an idea

just to take the fear from overpowered buffs, which some ppl tend to have

thank you for reading, merry christmas

you do have a point, but there was a talk about the magnetism elemental that changes pose to be made LONG AGO YES DE all your fan/ppl who watch your youtube clip we all heard it straight from your MOUTH in TOGETHER GROUP and yes they did say something about oh like weapon jamming effect for magnetism for remembering correctly for that what they said. (QUIT AVOIDING THE PROBLEM DE)

Anyway, agree to many parts of the fold, but eehh..the slash dmg effect still applies still, its just the status effect for slash is way op because you can stack bleed for it.  As yes slash should get nerf of its overstack effect which corpus just die like crazy, the shield could of increase the chance defy a status chance applying on to the user/npc.  Shield is pose to be armor yes and pose to block projectiles really good, and we all know armor pose to do the same thing, but I can see reason why, anyway as time need improve I have to agree shield need a buff for sure.

I hope this idea will progress to rebuff the shields.

On 2018-12-22 at 10:28 PM, Muzure said:

I think everyone knows that. I think it would make sense to buff shields just a little bit

for example

as long as you got at least 1 shield point, you wont get physical procs - corpus would get tankier and players wouldnt build for grineer only

(they are always tankier than corpus, in any way, even if you build for them, corrosive will over strip and does less dmg then, or you build a viral/slash which even then corpus are more fragile.)

-armor and shield would be kinda even

-magnetism element wont be a waste anymore

-slash would get nerfed

-frames like mag or hydroid would get tankier (shield mods are no longer garbo)

-the impact proc will get buffed (because it wont appear that often anymore, lol, impact vacuums posterior)

i would love to see this, even as an event for a weekend as a test, thats just an idea

just to take the fear from overpowered buffs, which some ppl tend to have

thank you for reading, merry christmas

Before we do anything extra, I think allowing shields to be affected by armor would be a decent start.

Not enemy shields.

I don’t want corrosive to be the ONLY viable damage type.

Until now I always played Harrow in Profit Taker Boss fights.

And this fight shows perfectly how weak shields are.

It would be enough for me if augmentation mods or arcanes would improve this situation for shield-havy frames.

Just a better working arcane barrier would be a good start 😉