Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE stop with noisy visuals

TyrianMollusk

I happened to squad with a Baruuk today, and I found myself surrounded by little thingies swirling randomly around.my screen.  Please, try to understand how incredibly annoying meaningless visual noise is.  You've done this on several frames now and every time it is endlessly irritating.  Our eyes and brains are physiologically trained to attend to movement.  You simply CANNOT ignore this and make things that really don't matter noisily move around our screen as we fight.  It MUST irritate as we have to try and work through the constant pointless distraction.

PLEASE get rid of these things and stop adding more.  I can't even choose not to play Baruuk to avoid this, like some of the other really annoying visuals (eg Inaros or Health/Energy Conversion, unlike say Nezha or Gara who can cast noise on you).  Stop copping out and saying we can give up choosing an energy color to mute such effects, especially when you can't stop other people putting it on you with their color.

Whilst I can see why you'd find these annoying, they're not effects that are so "in your face" that you can't ignore them. Is your FOV set to be low? Because if it is that's probably why you're struggling to ignore them. At max FOV they're fairly easy to avoid.

Why're you even looking at your Warframe anyway mid-combat? You'll be focusing in the distance at the enemies you're shooting at.

I do agree that warframe would benefit from some visual declutter. While I enjoy warframe for being a lense flare and blooming firework hellfest sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming

However, I'm not sure what effects we are talking about here, so it's hard to talk about it and give feedback. For exemple, I like to get notified when I get mesa's shooting gallery buff, and I like the effect, same for rhino's roar, but rhino's roar is a bit hard on the eyes, to me

Also, this is the intended workings of the game, so this is more feedback than bug report, I guess ?

ESC - Options - Display - Effects intensity.

Although I will admit that some things are just plain out ridiculously obnoxious and make me question the dev's choices (new simulor vortexes for instance). But yeah, that slider helps a lot.

Edited by Pryzmatiq

8 hours ago, Druark said:

Is your FOV set to be low? Because if it is that's probably why you're struggling to ignore them. At max FOV they're fairly easy to avoid.

No, it's all the way out.  Inaros's scarabs are still all over the screen and any foreground noise is still very annoying.

8 hours ago, Druark said:

Why're you even looking at your Warframe anyway mid-combat? You'll be focusing in the distance at the enemies you're shooting at.

It's a 2d screen.  The foreground is in front.  There is no "focus on the distance".  Things moving around between me and the enemies I'm shooting at is exactly the problem.

Edited by TyrianMollusk