Asking for new design of Mesa prime's Regulators

SAKU-

Hi, im Saku whose been played very long time warframe.

I really appreciate that the you made an amazing game and I still enjoy and satisfy for everything.

Especially I love to play Mesa, so I was happy that hear Mesa prime access has opened.

However unfortunately i frustrated about "Regulator's Design and mechanism" 

it was super fancy for the normal Mesa which is long, thin, simple and very naturally designed with hand &finger,

On the other hand a new primed mesa regulator designed like a revolver so that looks fat and doesn't fit with finger position (it looks not stabilized)

Could you re-examinate about primed regulator please?

If can't please message me a reason of it that i can understand and love to play a new one.

Kindly regard

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, SAKU- said:

If can't please message me a reason of it that i can understand and love to play a new one.

The reason is simple:
You don't like them and you want them redesigned.
Others do like them and they don't want them redesigned.

Why would DE do what you want? Especially because DE has to spend time and money on your request. Something they don't have to do for the people that like the Regulator Prime.
It's that simple.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-22 at 11:30 AM, WhiteMarker said:

The reason is simple:
You don't like them and you want them redesigned.
Others do like them and they don't want them redesigned.

Why would DE do what you want? Especially because DE has to spend time and money on your request. Something they don't have to do for the people that like the Regulator Prime.
It's that simple.

Nah.

I think OP's right.

The prime regulators fail to live up to the design of the base frame, and are an actual thematic regression seemingly borne of inattention to detail instead of an intentional diversion like the Presidio skin.

They'd make a fine addition to the Prime Accessories pack like her alt helmet, but should have been Regulators, not Random Revolvers in the core version.

Edited by Temragon

3 minutes ago, Temragon said:

Nah.

I think OP's right.

The prime regulators fail to live up to the design of the base frame, and are an actual thematic regression seemingly borne of inattention to detail instead of an intentional diversion like the Presidio skin.

They'd make a fine addition to the Prime Accessories pack like her alt helmet, but should have been Regulators, not Random Revolvers in the core version.

Disagree, they clearly were going for a gunslinger look for her and if you look at her hands on the standard regulators, there isn't even a trigger. They are just always what be considered the safety position.

The prime theme brings her to a real outlaw, a proper gunslinger look and the regulators match that perfectly. Thematically they are fine, if you don't like the design that's your personal view as is the fact that I do like it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrHanBrolo said:

Disagree, they clearly were going for a gunslinger look for her and if you look at her hands on the standard regulators, there isn't even a trigger. They are just always what be considered the safety position.

The prime theme brings her to a real outlaw, a proper gunslinger look and the regulators match that perfectly. Thematically they are fine, if you don't like the design that's your personal view as is the fact that I do like it.

Mesa's mechanical theme is guns that are built into her arms, starting at the canisters on her elbow (On her shoulder as decorations in her Prime version), following conduits down her forearm and hand, into her finger.

There is no trigger mechanism because the regulators aren't guns.

They're far more akin to amps, which also don't have a trigger mechanism, because the warframe is discharging energy directly through the regulators just like the operators discharge it from their hands.

It's a far more interesting design in my opinion, though as I said in my post the revolvers she shipped with look nice and would be a fine skin to include in the accessories pack.

Like them or not, the new pistols abandon unique core elements from the base frame.

Edit: I don't think DE will do anything about it either way.

Edited by Temragon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Temragon said:

Mesa's mechanical theme is guns that are built into her arms, starting at the canisters on her elbow (On her shoulder as decorations in her Prime version), following conduits down her forearm and hand, into her finger.

There is no trigger mechanism because the regulators aren't guns.

They're far more akin to amps, which also don't have a trigger mechanism, because the warframe is discharging energy directly through the regulators just like the operators discharge it from their hands.

It's a far more interesting design in my opinion, though as I said in my post the revolvers she shipped with look nice and would be a fine skin to include in the accessories pack.

Like them or not, the new pistols abandon unique core elements from the base frame.

They're sort of amp-ish except that they aren't powered by void they're basically battery powered. If you look on the normal mesa skin she even has them in bandoliers on across her chest and on her hips, so I would assume in a non-game scenario they'd be swapped out instead of "energy" running out.

On the primed version it's the same thing, they have revolver type design but the mechanism is the same, they use canisters that are actually just visible in the gun which makes more sense in my opinion. Instead of replacing the canisters on her elbows she keeps them in her pauldrons and in bandoliers and pops them out of the guns.

If anything they improve upon (or make more sense of) the base operating mechanism.

53 minutes ago, MrHanBrolo said:

They're sort of amp-ish except that they aren't powered by void they're basically battery powered. If you look on the normal mesa skin she even has them in bandoliers on across her chest and on her hips, so I would assume in a non-game scenario they'd be swapped out instead of "energy" running out.

On the primed version it's the same thing, they have revolver type design but the mechanism is the same, they use canisters that are actually just visible in the gun which makes more sense in my opinion. Instead of replacing the canisters on her elbows she keeps them in her pauldrons and in bandoliers and pops them out of the guns.

If anything they improve upon (or make more sense of) the base operating mechanism.

I think the canisters are more like capacitors for her void energy, but I can't entirely disagree with your points, it does somewhat fit. I wouldn't go so far as to say it improves or makes more sense, but switches it around to something also reasonable.

Perhaps I'll shift points instead and say I would like for her to at least be able to use her baseline regulator skin as I still prefer the look.