Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would this clan emblem look ok in game?

Xear0

Question

Hello guys,

I want to submit a clan emblem that I made but idk how it would look in game and I heard the preview doesn't do justice. I don't really want to waste 150 plat so I would appreciate it if someone with experience with clan emblems could tell me whether or not this would be visible/blinding.

I followed the instructions, the image is jpg format 128 x 128 pixels, made in Illustrator and Photoshop. I erased the white background in Photoshop but the face, eyes and dimple on the side of the mouth are all white, the rest you can see. I'm not sure whether the black will be visible at all or if the colored portions would be too bright.

Here is the emblem in question:

https://imgur.com/lZGxHE9

Edited by Xear0

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

All of the white spots should be removed with a magic wand tool. It will take a minute for ppl to make out what it is if you wear it on your frame but it'll look a LOT better through clan communications window, flags in dojo, profile, etc.

Thanks for all ur imput, I went and changed some stuff around after researching a bit. I looked up KIREEK's post on how to get a more accurate preview and made changes accordingly. Everything white has been erased, the colored portions are dimmer (found out from another user the importance of dimming colors or else u get a bright flashlight on ur arm). Also I noticed that the black bits looked kinda brown in the end so I went back into Photoshop, selected those parts, went to image adjustments > hue and saturation and turned the brightness all the way down. Now it *should* appear as completely pitch black in the game I HOPE...

6UVbipU.png

21 minutes ago, Xear0 said:

Thanks for all ur imput, I went and changed some stuff around after researching a bit. I looked up KIREEK's post on how to get a more accurate preview and made changes accordingly. Everything white has been erased, the colored portions are dimmer (found out from another user the importance of dimming colors or else u get a bright flashlight on ur arm). Also I noticed that the black bits looked kinda brown in the end so I went back into Photoshop, selected those parts, went to image adjustments > hue and saturation and turned the brightness all the way down. Now it *should* appear as completely pitch black in the game I HOPE...

It's not too bright, but it's probably too dark.  Black parts with no surrounding highlight or glow for contrast are going to be hard to see in the game's mostly dark environments and backdrops.  Black also ends up somewhat translucent in game.  All that is why I added a glow around mine:

Spoiler

5mRyEjz.jpg

My advice would be to retain the *interior* white sections, at somewhere less than 188/255 intensity so it doesn't go flashlight, and add some kind of outline or glow around the exterior black edges.

8 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

It's not too bright, but it's probably too dark.  Black parts with no surrounding highlight or glow for contrast are going to be hard to see in the game's mostly dark environments and backdrops.  Black also ends up somewhat translucent in game.  All that is why I added a glow around mine:

Hide contents

5mRyEjz.jpg

My advice would be to retain the *interior* white sections, at somewhere less than 188/255 intensity so it doesn't go flashlight, and add some kind of outline or glow around the exterior black edges.

ty, will do

47 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Hide contents

5mRyEjz.jpg

Ok hows this?

https://imgur.com/PEJENSE

Edited by Xear0

2 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Almost great, but you have some thin outline peeking through around the area at the bottom, right of center, and it doesn't disappear when resized to 128x128

o yea, that's supposed to represent the neck muscle that attaches to the clavicle, I just forgot to add the glow around that part. it's fixed now

https://imgur.com/vHlCB68

41 minutes ago, Xear0 said:

o yea, that's supposed to represent the neck muscle that attaches to the clavicle, I just forgot to add the glow around that part. it's fixed now

https://imgur.com/vHlCB68

Okay, it looks fine.  But if I were to take off my nit-picky hat and put on my extra super nit-picky hat:

- The thin gray outline around the black areas has a pretty bad stair-step effect when shrunk to 128x128.  Maybe it wouldn't be as noticeable if it were the same luminance as the inside of the glow?
 - You don't really need the glow around the upper ring section, since it's already outlined by the fire.  Depending on how you have things set up that might be difficult to separate, though.
 - It's not immediately obvious what the neck area is supposed to be, since the face area is opaque white but the neck is transparent background.  We're really getting into the subjective area, I think it would look better if the neck was just plain black or if you found a way to fill in the neck area with white as well.

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

Okay, it looks fine.  But if I were to take off my nit-picky hat and put on my extra super nit-picky hat:

- The thin gray outline around the black areas has a pretty bad stair-step effect when shrunk to 128x128.  Maybe it wouldn't be as noticeable if it were the same luminance as the inside of the glow?
 - You don't really need the glow around the upper ring section, since it's already outlined by the fire.  Depending on how you have things set up that might be difficult to separate, though.
 - It's not immediately obvious what the neck area is supposed to be, since the face area is opaque white but the neck is transparent background.  We're really getting into the subjective area, I think it would look better if the neck was just plain black or if you found a way to fill in the neck area with white as well.

You've been most useful fellow tenno lol

I've worked on it some more, I think i've fixed everything u mentioned

https://imgur.com/4vl2fT6

and heres 128x128

https://imgur.com/MO0FVW9