Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polearm Zaw: what is better for late game, 10% crit or 14% crit?

TiltingTenno

Question

Hi,

I am looking to build either a Dokrahm + Shtung + Ekwana II Jai, or a Dokrahm + Shtung + Ekwana Jai II.

II Jai has 10% Crit and 32% Status, slightly slower attack speed, and slightly more damage.

Jai II has 14% Crit and 25% Status, slightly faster attack speed, and slightly less damage.

Am building for late game: Arbitration, 100 minute kuva survival, endless relic, etc.

In your experience, what works better and why? 

9 answers to this question

Dokrahm and status? Never liked it. Always went for full crit on it. Blood Rush is a must anyway. In the end, you should see what's better for you. I personally think that Weeping Wounds is a waste of a mod slot.

Another note: Do you want fast and high initial damage? Crit is mostly better. Consistent weapon damage? Status. But as I said, playstyles vary so you have to see for yourself.

Edited by Karu-QW

2 minutes ago, TiltingTenno said:

Can a full crit build anything work against enemies level 120 & up?

With the right buff, ye.

1 minute ago, TiltingTenno said:

Also, if I have 2-3 60/60 mods I don't think I would need Weeping Wounds.

That's preference, if i invest on status, i wouldn't want it to be inconsistent and two dual stat mods wouldn't give close to 100% status, even three wouldn't be consistent.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb TiltingTenno:

Can a full crit build anything work against enemies level 120 & up?

Easily, the Guandao is a full crit weapon and some people think you can't kill level 150 enemies reliably. It was hilarious when I proved them wrong in the simulacrum.

I normally suggest 14 /25 hybrid build. 

Both CO and blood rush, 2 elements and drifting contact, organ shatter, (primed) pressure point, gladiator vice / primed fury / berserker. 

Base Speed is suggested to be more than 1.0. 

Tempo Royale stance. 

Exodia hunt arcane (paired with the stance you won't need range mods) 

Organ shatter can be replaced with a riven if you get it. 

This allows me to take down even lvl 160 enemies in a flash. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

If you're looking at shredding through armor there are two ways to approach it.

Rapid Corrosive procs ie 32% Status 10% Crit or Slower heavy Bleed procs ie 25% Status 14% Crit. Your proposed weapon speeds are kinda backwards.

For the Corrosive approach you'll want to go 60/60x3 Corrosive + Heat and no less than 1.0 Attack speed. Think of it like Corrosive Procs doing %eHP damage per hit. The bigger an enemy gets you're still doing %eHP Damage per hit so hitting for less raw damage but much faster will still result in faster kill times. Ideally something like Plague Kirpath + Seekalla + Ekwana II Jai but if you don't have the Plague Kirpath Cyath works okay for this build method.

For the Bleed approach you'll want the biggest and meanest Slash procs you can get. Speed is only a concern to preference in this case. You do not use Elemental mods for this build either. It's optimized using the two Umbra melee mods and Weeping Wounds. You want the best base damage DPS for this build so slower is somewhat better and due to making great use of Umbra mods I feel this is the superior build in terms of Scaling. For this you'll want to use Cyath + Shtung + Ekwana Jai.

I have build pics for both if you're interested. Polearms also do more DPS spamming quick attack so feel free to throw Zakti in cuz both builds use CO.