Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive speed conservation

WhisperBiscuit

The recent seeming Nerf to board stability has really put the K-Drive in the dumpster. Almost Everytime I try to use it to get somewhere fast, like the Profit taker, I'll get thrown off the board simply because I ran into the incline to go up a hill. But, even if that Nerf was reverted, K-Drives would still be an inefficient, if fun, means of travel. In order to make them actually useful, I believe they should retain momentum.

Speed is something that the K-Drives severely lack. Especially when you consider that boosting isn't a multiplicative effect, so having both speed and boost speed mods installed doesn't do anything useful in regards to travel time. But, if they K-Drives would retain the momentum they received, could through skill and tricks, end up moving significantly faster than the archwing. Between the speed boost from grind mods, to mag locks which can strongly pull you towards rails, and the boost ramps (which launch you, but then cut the momentum off 50m later in mid-air) you could, with speed conservation, add all that together to traverse the open worlds at blinding speeds. It would make the deifference between faster acceleration (archwing) for short distances or max top speed (K-Drive) for longer journeys. Of course, until you crashed. 

Speed conservation would make the K-Drives extremely useful as well as significantly more fun to use and rewarding to become skilled with. 

Granted, none of that would matter if you get thrown off the board everytime you run across an amoeba. Please revert the board stability, the new stability mod would still be useful, just not mandatory to make the board even remotely viable.

• Like 3

Agreed, speed conservation would take them from being a silly toy you do little flips on in front of your friends and make it into something useful.

Revert board stability, make the stabilization mod just stop you from falling off ever.

K-drives require too much of a grind to be useless toys you throw back in the box after you get the mastery points out of them.

People are putting full on days of their lifetime into grinding out points for these things, spending gold taters and formas on them, the K-drives could be so much more than what they are now, useful, for one thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

THIS THIS THIS. I want going downhill to build me momentum. Please, DE? It would be wonderful. Think Tribes mixed with Tony Hawk. Oh my god the glorious possibilities. 

Edit: Sorry I get really excited when I'm not the only one suggesting something.

Edited by Gnohme

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still this. Yall sleepin. Additional idea: we could have this feature tie into a "friction" stat that you could alter with mods. So the less friction you have the more gradually you lose speed, this could be a highly customizable skill-based mechanic. 

Edited by Gnohme