Question regarding Sonicor and Projectile Flight Speed

Sixes_Wild

Question

Okay, the Sonicor is a fun-gun for me, nothing more, but I do have two contrasting Riven mods for it, and I was hoping to get some help understanding their effects.

I know that with Shotguns, that +Projectile flight speed, increases the damage fall off distance, effectively giving them a greater range in which they can inflict maximum damage.

I have one Sonicor Riven with a Negative 31.8 Projectile Flight Speed, and one with a Plus 41.1% Projectile Flight Speed.  The rivens have other stats as well but I am not focusing on those in this query.

Anyway, when I equip the mods, I see no numerical changes to the fall-off distance in the stats readout, like I would were I equipping such a mod on a Shotgun.  So my question is the Sonicor currently a weapon that benefits from such mods, to increase its overall range. I plan to do some Simulacrum testing to gauge the range of the projectiles, however giving their tendency to bounce and deflect about, the results could be a bit tricky to suss out, hence why I am asking here as well.

So, is the Sonicor a gun that could benefit/suffer from either mod, or is Projectile Flight Speed a null stat, much like positive or negative recoil to certain beam weapons?

I appreciate any insight on this matter.rivin-comp.jpg

4 answers to this question

Projectile flight speed works as per normal for the sonicor. It's just that the way damage fall-off works for the sonicor is different from that of shotguns. The Sonicor's fall-off distance is the distance from the projectile explosion, which is unaffected by projectile flight speed.

As far as i know there isn't a mod available for the Sonicor that affects fall-off. Under normal circumstances it would be Fulmination, but..

So they are simply splitting maximum projectile range, based on distance traveling potential given the static time window before detonation, from the fall off effect itself? So with the positive flight speed mod, I should effectively be increasing the distance at which I can engage enemies at all, and the negative will reduce that simply by causing the projectile to detonate, not sooner, but simply by not going as far before it does?

Sonicor has two damage components the Projectile itself and the AoE is produces.

The Fall off damage from the Projectile is unaffected by +%Flight Speed however the travel distance is affected.

The AoE the projectile produces is a separate instance of damage originating from where it detonates. The AoE is also where it's Crit and Status are coming from. The projectile damage itself is somewhat unimportant compared to the AoE. I can tell you that +% Impact Damage is not the greatest thing for the weapon. It does improve it's damage output for both components but you kinda want those status procs over worthless Impact procs.

mmhmm, I think I am going to keep the other riven and let that one go. I don't want to sink tons and tons of forma into a sonicor, since it will drop off effectiveness wise more so than other guns. If what I get out of this other one, is a bit of damage loss, but a gain in range and fire rate, creating more quality of life, then I'm happy.