Nagantaka Impact Proc Bug/Change

Avarice77

Hello!

I have noticed that this weapon has an innate Impact procc.  This seems counter intuitive and could potentially be a bug. 

The description of the weapon(mentioning bleed), ~90% Slash IPS, passive headshot reload mechanic make it seem like it was meant to be a forced slash procc.

The innate Impact makes for more frustrating headshot kills which exacerbates the reload time of the weapon. I like that the passive encourages higher skill play but the impact procc makes the chance of that happening slimmer.

Is the impact procc intentional and/or could it get updated to slash?  Also it seems that most weapons that don't get reviewed shortly after release it feels like they get shelved for a while. This is why I would like to bring it up now and be persistent about it. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by Avarice77
Words

Yea Nagantaka would be a good weapon if it wasn't for two fatal flaws.

One you mentioned. The Impact proc throwing off head-shots.

Second being the Passive only works on Head-shot KILLS when it should be on Head-shots. It is after all a Bleed weapon. It's rare that you will get direct kills with it in any meaningful content where you would really want that reload speed buff.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Yea Nagantaka would be a good weapon if it wasn't for two fatal flaws.

One you mentioned. The Impact proc throwing off head-shots.

Second being the Passive only works on Head-shot KILLS when it should be on Head-shots. It is after all a Bleed weapon. It's rare that you will get direct kills with it in any meaningful content where you would really want that reload speed buff.

I am really liking it but some things are definitely keeping it from being great. 

Forced slash instead of impact and an on headshot chance for a reload buff instead of on headshot kill would make it great. 

I doubt it would be overpowered as it can't touch eidolons / clear rooms like other than weapons. 

Having an impact crossbow for the bleed queen Garuda just seems so against her theme. 

What would be the most constructive way to continue this dialogue without being spam?

I feel this is most certainly a bug or unintended for this weapon to have an impact procc instead of a slash procc. The reload passive would simply be a QOL change. 

13 hours ago, Avarice77 said:

The reload passive would simply be a QOL change. 

It's part QoL but also part straight up performance. Being only on head-shot kills really hurts the weapon's scaling capacity. Since it's a bleed weapon it's ideal for Armor but consider shooting a lvl 120 Napalm with head-shots until it dies. I'd bet 3/4 the time it dies from the bleed damage and not the actual head-shot.

Even against unarmored the passive would eventually have the same problem but at higher levels.

On 2018-12-31 at 8:52 AM, Xzorn said:

It's part QoL but also part straight up performance. Being only on head-shot kills really hurts the weapon's scaling capacity. Since it's a bleed weapon it's ideal for Armor but consider shooting a lvl 120 Napalm with head-shots until it dies. I'd bet 3/4 the time it dies from the bleed damage and not the actual head-shot.

Even against unarmored the passive would eventually have the same problem but at higher levels.

I completely agree. The initial damage the weapon has rarely gets a headshot in any meaningful content. By the time you would need the boost in reload you're most likely at the point where you're putting more bolts into the target and allowing it to bleed out.  The impact procc just exacerbates how rarely the passive reload goes off. 

Hopefully with the new year this weapon can get a review/tweak.  Otherwise it will get overlooked due to the slow march of content.

Yeah, can we please remove this horrendous guaranteed impact proc? I couldn't quite put my finger on why I was underperforming so badly with this, even as I put 4 forma and a good riven on it, but it makes sense now. That impact proc has to go because it makes head shots really difficult to do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

Yeah, can we please remove this horrendous guaranteed impact proc? I couldn't quite put my finger on why I was underperforming so badly with this, even as I put 4 forma and a good riven on it, but it makes sense now. That impact proc has to go because it makes head shots really difficult to do.

You do know that our favorite weapon the Daikyu also has guaranteed impact proc too.  😄  

edit:  I just now noticed that @COATTOQUALUNQUE said the same thing.  LOL

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

You do know that our favorite weapon the Daikyu also has guaranteed impact proc too.  😄  

Longbows.

It's not exactly it's own category but Longbows fold when you holster them, have forced Impact procs and cannot be fired unless fully charged.

Lenz and Daikyu are the only ones I believe but they share all these attributes and none of the other bows have them.

59 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Longbows.

It's not exactly it's own category but Longbows fold when you holster them, have forced Impact procs and cannot be fired unless fully charged.

Lenz and Daikyu are the only ones I believe but they share all these attributes and none of the other bows have them.

I said that specifically for Xax as she is my clan leader, and I know that she's a huge Daikyu fan like me.  😀 

On 2019-01-06 at 1:19 PM, DatDarkOne said:

But it's fine because the Daikyu has a much faster arrow velocity and it doesn't arc.

the passive needs to change. to give a weapon stats that has anti synergy with its own passive ability is just mind boggling.

my solution would be to buff the base reload speed, and change the passive to reward bonus crit chance on headshot.
(i personally hate the varying reload times. I prefer a static reload time that is faster than current)
this would still reward skill but in a much more important way by giving us reliability, something the nagantaka needs. nagantakas base crit is so low, its just a coin flip whether the enemy u just shot in the face will die or not. base damage builds do nothing, its dmg is way too low for that. u need the crits. and yet the crits are unreliable...

i wouldnt be against the passive ability rewarding more status, or more dmg either, but cc is the most important imo

Edited by Ragingwasabi

• 3 years later...

Having forced slash would make the weapon even more op, and forced impact is great since it makes hunter munition useless when using internal bleeding, especially with critical delay. Every head shot kill making the weapon reload faster with forced impact is quite difficult though, if you can't 1 hit them, it is a passive ability though. so it doesn't really need to be buffed, its just a nice addition. And it probably isn't a bug for forced impact proc, they'd have removed it when they released nagantaka.

Edited by (PSN)HUNT0RKILL0R

55 minutes ago, (PSN)HUNT0RKILL0R said:

internal bleeding

Three years ago, when this thread was created and last replied to before you exhumed it in its glorious and yet unholy decrepitude, Internal Bleeding didn't exist.

• Like 4