Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requirement for Level 30 Frame in sorties should be removed after a certain MR Threshold

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

If the long title of the thread didn't give it away - I believe that after reaching a certain level of Mastery you should no longer be forced to use a level 30 Warframe.

One of the bonuses of Mastery is that now when you use underlevelled gear, you get as many mod points as you have MR.  So somebody like me who is MR26 can use a level 0 weapons and have 26(52) mod points on it from the get-go..  For this reason the lockout of level 30 becomes redundant after a certain point... the different between 4(8) mod points is arbitrary and will likely never impede my ability to finish a sortie.  I know too that yes, you don't have all 4 abilities yet - granted though we might not need them... at MR26 I have guns that will carry me all the way through a sortie without ever casting a power.  

I understand why that lock is in place, especially for very low MR players since they will have less mod points available to them - but I think after cracking the MR20 threshold you should be free to join sorties regardless of your frame's level.   

To me it would be a much less painful way to get XP than boring Hydron runs... some days like when Intercept or Defense is one of them, that is the best XP you can find in the game.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Karu-QW said:

No, level your Warframe somewhere else.

Any reason why?  Or are you just resistint the idea for the sake of resistance? 

I can survive the sortie with the mods I have, I won't be a detriment to the team - so give me a reason why other than "no."

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

this would just encourage people to leech even more in sorties. hard pass on this.

if people want to level there is several viable methods already. one can still carry the undergeared armor. but on top of rank 0 frame. lets not make sorties more of a carry then it already is. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Any reason why?  Or are you just resistint the idea for the sake of resistance? 

I can survive the sortie with the mods I have, I won't be a detriment to the team - so give me a reason why other than "no."

"level our warframe elsewhere" is a viable reason though.

If they are gonna leech, they're going to do it anyway.  

exactly why the frame requirement is there. to mitigate at least some of. they want decently competent frames in sorties.

you also forgetting when the frame is rank 0, they have only 1 ability until they rank up.

Edited by Makunogo

2 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

exactly why the frame requirement is there. to mitigate at least some of. they want decently competent frames in sorties.

I fail to see how having a near fully modded Warframe would lead to leeching.

If you have 40+ mod points you are able to be decently competent.  Level 30 warframes without potatoes are less competent at only 30 points, yet that is the baseline.  It doesn't make sense.    

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

I fail to see how having a near fully modded Warframe would lead to leeching.

If you have 40+ mod points you are able to be decently competent.  

well do u have a solid reason for using a rank 0 frame in sorties ? that does not include leveling it. if not then the person who replied earlier point is completly valid.

Edited by Makunogo

Just now, Makunogo said:

well do u have a solid reason for using a rank 0 frame in sorties ? that does not include leveling it.

Yeah because sometimes I may have just forma'd a frame and don't want to have spend 40 min on Hydron for absolutely no reason when at Rank 0 I'm basically exactly as powerful as I'll be at Rank 30.  

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)lagrue:

If they are gonna leech, they're going to do it anyway.  

Weapons are not as important as abilities. If I see a level 0 Limbo or Mesa in my Sortie, I'd quit, EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Seriously, you don't sound like a teamplayer. This won't change, ever.

What about Lokis not having invis in Spy's and then F it up because of that? What about Limbos on defense not having catacylsm? What about a Mesa not killing anything because everyone else is doing it? The earlier you get used to it the better.

• Like 1

Yeah because sometimes I may have just forma'd a frame and don't want to have spend 40 min on Hydron for absolutely no reason when at Rank 0 I'm basically exactly as powerful as I'll be at Rank 30.  

people still level in hydron ? oh my..also if thats your reasoning sorties is much slower then straight up exp grinding. 

this just comes off as " i want to leech " vs we should have this for convenience

Edited by Makunogo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karu-QW said:

Weapons are not as important as abilities. If I see a level 0 Limbo or Mesa in my Sortie, I'd quit, EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Seriously, you don't sound like a teamplayer. This won't change, ever.

What about Lokis not having invis in Spy's and then F it up because of that? What about Limbos on defense not having catacylsm? What about a Mesa not killing anything because everyone else is doing it? The earlier you get used to it the better.

I am a team player.  I am also used to it, by the way - I just think it's an arbitrary restriction at times.

I get your point in regards to Loki and spy, for example - but what about Exterminates, Sabotage - hell even MD you really don't need Frost or Limbo for unless you team is just full of bad players - so it's kind of circumstantial isn't it? 

I mean it's really not much better than 4 level 30 damage frames queuing up for spies - which does happen.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)lagrue:

I am a team player.  I am also used to it, by the way - I just think it's an arbitrary restriction at times.

I get your point in regards to Loki and spy, for example - but what about Exterminates? 

They had to draw the line somewhere. Do you seriously think they make exceptions for those missions? Consistency is important.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

For ease and time it is one of the better options.  It's also one of the only options that ALWAYS has squads open to join.  

i personally find SO totaly outclasses it. as the mindset in SO is usually KILL THEM ALL. while in hydron its "carry me please" 

also being able to level the frame and 3 weapons without the exp sucking is quite nice *

that and more rewards. *potential weapons parts ect* 

havent stepped foot in hydron since So/eso came out. 

for leveling ONE weapon hydron might be faster. but im almost always leveling 2+ things so SO works better in that regard.

that and the pubs in hydron tend to suck Alot >.>

Edited by Makunogo

Just now, Makunogo said:

i personally find SO totaly outclasses it. as the mindset in SO is usually KILL THEM ALL. while in hydron its "carry me please" 

that and more rewards.

ESO is alright - but then you also have to wrestle with the Efficiency counter, which is why Hydron wins on the ease part.  Yes some people do expect to be carried at Hydron, it is what it is.  

I have all SO/ESO related rewards so if the goal is XP, I don't even factor that in, personally.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

ESO is alright - but then you also have to wrestle with the Efficiency counter, which is why Hydron wins on the ease part.  Yes some people do expect to be carried at Hydron, it is what it is.  

I have all SO/ESO related rewards so if the goal is XP, I don't even factor that in, personally.

but its faster LOL how could u not factor that in O.o (by a significant margin) except in the case where u leveling one thing. a speed hydron run can be a bit faster.

there is a reason we focus farm in so/eso instead of hydron 😛 that exp has to come from somewhere.

Edited by Makunogo

1 minute ago, Makunogo said:

but its faster LOL how could u not factor that in O.o (by a significant margin) except in the case where u leveling one thing. a speed hydron run can be a bit faster.

Is not much faster if you have to keep restarting it.  It depends largely on your team as well, because again somebody has to be keeping that efficiency up.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Is not much faster if you have to keep restarting it.  It depends largely on your team as well, because again somebody has to be keeping that efficiency up.

hydron wave 5? constantly restarting. by wave 5 half the team is gone or wants to leave. so that argument is out the window lol. (and its usually cause the squad isnt killing very efficiently)

the mindset is different in SO/ESO people want to kill. which is why its always going to be better.

in hydron i literally kill nothing. due to how exp is gained its better if im leeching or the low rank frame can get all the kills (which is probably none until rank 10)

fyi i almost always have boosters on.. 

its just not worth doing hydron unless one is relic farming new neo but even than. i never recommend hydron to anyone anymore lol.

Edited by Makunogo

7 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

hydron wave 5? constantly restarting. by wave 5 half the team is gone or wants to leave. so that argument is out the window lol. (and its usually cause the squad isnt killing very efficiently)

in hydron i literally kill nothing. due to how exp is gained its better if im leeching or the low rank frame can get all the kills (which is probably none until rank 10)

Well, there is a big difference between how console players and PC players play too.  Time and time again I see PC players talking about AFK and leeches, same reason people defend reactant even though it's a very stupid system - but the reality is that on console this is the rarity - most people are playing and fighting.  Not to mention most people on console want to go minimum of 15 waves, sometimes you see the odd guy leave at 5 - but this is the extreme rarity.

Our experiences are different for sure.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue