Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra and equinox on index

kblo

I guess everyone has see at least one umbra at an index run just using operator mode and going afk, and when you ask them something, they say: "my umbra is killing and shootin stuff", same goes for equinox with her "Duality" augment. Is that considered leaching or not? if its not leaching, so i can use an trinity specter in front of me and go afk too?

The SPOILERS tag is there, because of umbra

Edited by kblo
  • Like 1

Their sentient counterparts are killing stuff. So are they really AFK? they have min/maxed to the point that they don't need to put in much input but are clearly killing everything. So no they aren't leeching at all. The mission at hand is getting done.

What will your Trinity spectre achieve?
Nothing, playing support in a public Index is pointless.

Will it kill things?
No it wont.

Will it collect points and bank them?
Nope. Don't make excuses, if you've got a Umbra and/or Equinox Slaughtering everything, why are you here on the forums complaining about them.

Don't like it?
You have 3 options. 1) Don't play index. 2) Play Umbra and Equinox. 3) Play Rhino and bank some points.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Will it kill things?
No it wont.

The IA at specters is the same as in umbra, so it will kill the same stuff as long as they have the same weapon

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Will it collect points and bank them?
Nope. Don't make excuses, if you've got a Umbra and/or Equinox Slaughtering everything, why are you here on the forums complaining about them.

no they wont bank points, and thats my problem with umbras and equinox going afk on index, they just stand there get one kill every 5min, if they can do it why cant i do the same with a trin specter?

4 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Don't like it?
You have 3 options. 1) Don't play index. 2) Play Umbra and Equinox. 3) Play Rhino and bank some points.

saying "dont play index" is like say: "you dont like fortuna or plains? dont play it? dont like vauban 'rework', dont play it"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kblo said:

The IA at specters is the same as in umbra, so it will kill the same stuff as long as they have the same weapon

no they wont bank points, and thats my problem with umbras and equinox going afk on index, they just stand there get one kill every 5min, if they can do it why cant i do the same with a trin specter?

saying "dont play index" is like say: "you dont like fortuna or plains? dont play it? dont like vauban 'rework', dont play it"

- AI spectres don't actively scale as the enemy levels up, when you throw down the spectre it stays at that level until dead. Umbra actively scales. And you're not wasting resources on it either.

- AFK stands for = Away From Keyboard. They aren't AFK as I said and you failed to comprehend, they min/maxed so they are at their computer giving the minimal input.

- That's exactly what I meant, if you don't, like it don't play it. 

Just now, Voltage said:

I wouldn't blame the player for using it, I would blame the code for making specters better than the average player, but that's just me.

i would blame too, they are doing something inside the rules, but if it goes like that forever, i can just "afk" farm everything as well, and i dont even need umbra or equinox, i can put a specter and whenever im dying, she will bless

What i wanna know is: so is it going to stay like that, and we can farm everything almost afk?

3 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

- AI spectres don't actively scale as the enemy levels up, when you throw down the spectre it stays at that level until dead. Umbra actively scales. And you're not wasting resources on it either.

- AFK stands for = Away From Keyboard. They aren't AFK as I said and you failed to comprehend, they min/maxed so they are at their computer giving the minimal input.

- That's exactly what I meant, if you don't, like it don't play it. 

No they dont, but trin can bless, and she can go a full index quite easily
I know what is afk, but standing and looking at your team doing everything for you is basicaly afk
So its easy to solve all problems in warframe, we can just say to everyone dont play!!!! Why didnt we thought on that before!!! If you dont like vauban, dont ask for a rework dont play it! If you dont like the riven disposition changes, dont use rivens!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kblo said:

I know what is afk, but standing and looking at your team doing everything for you is basicaly afk
So its easy to solve all problems in warframe, we can just say to everyone dont play!!!! Why didnt we thought on that before!!! If you dont like vauban, dont ask for a rework dont play it! If you dont like the riven disposition changes, dont use rivens!!!

You've completely missed all the points. First few rounds don't need a support frame, most public matches don't go past 1 - 3 rounds anyway so why are you trying to make an excuse to go "afk" 

If you know what AFK means why do you keep using that term? All because you think they are AFK doesn't mean they are, they are just intelligent enough to only use the bare minimal input when repeatedly farming index.

For the last time spectres aren't the same as Umbra.

You are rant and rave all you want and start over using ( !!! ) there is nothing wrong with what they are doing and DE are very much aware people are doing this.

10 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

You've completely missed all the points. First few rounds don't need a support frame, most public matches don't go past 1 - 3 rounds anyway so why are you trying to make an excuse to go "afk" 

What im saying is: if they can use umbra and go almost afk and watch the team do the work and DE is not going to do anything, i will get a frame that im leveling up, get a trin specter and a ancient healer and go afk as well while my trin with a vectis "kill" stuff

If you know what AFK means why do you keep using that term? All because you think they are AFK doesn't mean they are, they are just intelligent enough to only use the bare minimal input when repeatedly farming inde

if you are just looking at the screen of your computer while umbra is """"""killing"""""", you are basicaly afk

For the last time spectres aren't the same as Umbra.

they have the same AI, so they will kill the same

You are rant and rave all you want and start over using ( !!! ) there is nothing wrong with what they are doing and DE are very much aware people are doing this.

So i can just use umbra at the beginning of every mission and keep looking at the screen too, since its not leeching and he will be """""killing""""" stuff

Edited by kblo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kblo said:

they have the same AI, so they will kill the same

26 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I wish you luck buddy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kblo said:

and dont forget we can also go for ancient and get 90% to her too, all three of you get almost imortal

Edited by kblo

20 hours ago, kblo said:

Is that considered leaching or not? if its not leaching, so i can use an trinity specter in front of me and go afk too?

How's that considered leeching? They are damage dealers, while tanky frames work as errand boys.

You using trinity specter doesn't help the team at all mate. Not sure if u can even do it.

Just having 2 Umbras doing work in Index missions a whole team can finish 2 rounds in under 8 minutes.  Hard to beat that efficiency, it's even quicker than the old suicide Link Trinity

AFK?  I don't think so.  The player still has to watch over Umbra because when Umbra gets hit enough the frame stops shooting entirely.

Edited by Omega

to the OP, deal with it.

if they are killing stuff, with a good weapon, then who damn cares if they go AFK? if i was going AFK but killing everything on the map, would this be leeching? no. not at all. it's just a strategy. if it helps to progress toward the goal/end of the mission, then it's perfectly fine and you shouldn't be crying about this. they only "kill stuff every 5 minutes" if they have a poorly modded gun. i got a rubico which kills pretty much everything it want, as Umbra is pinpoint accuracy...

the meta i follow : 2 aimbot umbra, one Rhino, one Oberon to make a massive killing slaughter. the two Umbra are to pick off those who are still alive even despite the radiations. and we're going 2 minutes by round, almost everytime to wave 8.

Another note on the specters that we create, the weapons don't use mods, it's why umbras and equinox duality are used because those do or at least the umbra one does, I myself haven't tested duality so I wouldn't know about that one.  Our team used 3 umbras and a rhino but we used 3 shield disruptions, 1 corrosive projection and 4 coaction drifts.  We actually could have gone longer but we did it for the prodman.  https://imgur.com/a/qAJj7zT  There's probably a better setup than that one.  And no OP, we did not just walk away, we still have to be there to go into our operator to go invisible with unairu.  As the others have said, its the least amount of input rather than an actual AFK and if you're going to argue that the least amount of input means AFK, then I guess all ev trins are leechers.  The only warframe that you can actually AFK on is probably Nekros in camp farming.

Ah, yes Umbra “players”.

I am not sure if they are alt-tabbing or not. They move occasionally. Sometimes they mark points. But I never seen them reacting to an emergency situation of a Broker making a run for a Tenno goal with 30 points. They are slow on continue/leave screen in the end of a round... as if they hear the end of a round sounds and switch to a game. Umbra lifting points together in a team with 4 DPS is a very rare sight. Maybe I am unlucky.

I wonder, what happens then 4 Umbras enter Index? How they decide who will carry the points? Do they draw straws or something?

And it would be a real shame if something will happen to Umbra unique passive because DE have this strange dislike of a “press a button and do nothing” play style.

Edited by rand0mname
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-22 at 3:17 PM, kblo said:

so i can use an trinity specter in front of me and go afk too? 

As far as I remember, you can't use gear items in the index, correct? 

perhaps I'm wrong, it's been a while and I play a LOT of ESO lol

The wiki says Warframes Specters do scale so I guess gear items are available

Edited by z3us32610