Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance problem in the plains of eidolon

JohnnyMeta

I've been testing this problem for several days.
And I found the source of the problem.
We could all perform the same test, and you will see that I am not wrong.
If you go alone or in a group to the eidolon plains, the first time you are there, you will have the maximum number of frames per second.
But if you go back to Cetus and go back into the plains of eidolon.
Automatically the performance is decreased.
And this gets worse by every time you repeat it.

This problem started since the second update of Fortuna, The Profit Taker, was introduced.

Those that have better performance in their computers, have as effect a considerable temperature increase, and fps are also slightly affected.

In the first round, the FPS go to an excellent amount.
But with each time you repeat this (Especially if you are Host and usually hunt Eidolons) you will notice this problem and each time you repeat this you will notice how the problem grows.

The video has not been edited, the presented chats are clan and alliance and friends, but ignore it.
What is important is what is shown in the video, and how the game is visually changing.
To the point of not being able to see anything by the effect of rain.

Link - 

In the video you can see how I initially have more than 60 fps and every time I do this the fps decrease.
Before it did not happen and this affects too much the hunting of eidolon.

But this problem happens with or without rain.
It only happens if you are the Host, the guests also feel the effect but it is minimal.
The host, unfortunately, takes away all of this problem.

Edited by JohnnyMeta

13 hours ago, JohnnyMeta said:

If you go alone or in a group to the eidolon plains, the first time you are there, you will have the maximum number of frames per second.

This problem started since the second update of Fortuna, The Profit Taker, was introduced.

Those that have better performance in their computers, have as effect a considerable temperature increase, and fps are also slightly affected.

In the first round, the FPS go to an excellent amount.
But with each time you repeat this (Especially if you are Host and usually hunt Eidolons) you will notice this problem and each time you repeat this you will notice how the problem grows.

The video has not been edited, the presented chats are clan and alliance and friends, but ignore it.
What is important is what is shown in the video, and how the game is visually changing.
To the point of not being able to see anything by the effect of rain.

Link - 

In the video you can see how I initially have more than 60 fps and every time I do this the fps decrease.
Before it did not happen and this affects too much the hunting of eidolon.

But this problem happens with or without rain.
It only happens if you are the Host, the guests also feel the effect but it is minimal.
The host, unfortunately, takes away all of this problem.

Hard to tell without knowing your PC set up and your monitor set up. Oh and your ISP speed. Could all be on your end. I run 144FPS and do have drops that get below 100 but not much below. And I have 4k monitor, 300 Mbps ISP and 2 1080s w/ an i7 7700k with 32 GB RAM. So I do see some game side fall off. But your set up and game settings my be the issue. If the settings are higher than your machine... there's your problem. Also, DirectX could be the issue. A lot of info missing to accurately be able to diagnose your problem.

That's what I said, if you have a much stronger computer.
You can do the test that I told you and repeat it more times and you will see that the problem is serious no matter how strong your computer is, if it affects many players is to consider it.
Besides, I specified that I played many hours before "The Profit Taker" and this problem did not happen and I played in the same 1080p configuration.
It is not the graphic configuration. It is a problem of the game.
I've tried this with the help of friends with more powerful graphics cards like the GTX 1060, and GTX 1080, they do not feel the effect, but the temperature of your card increases to more 70 and 1060 almost 76 degrees Celsius.
If you have a very good computer and you lose FPS for no reason, you should keep this in mind and not avoid the problem by assuming that I am talking to talk.
Do not ignore this. The game did not present this performance problem and it is better to join so that DE takes it into consideration.
Because if the problem did not exist, then you would not lose FPS or the temperature of GPU and processor would not increase in such a way. It would remain on average the same in all eidolons hunts.

il y a une heure, ThumpumGood a dit :

I run 144FPS and do have drops that get below 100 but not much below

Do you have a powerful computer and lose 40 FPS for no reason?
Then the problem exists. If this problem did not exist you would always be seeing 144 FPS because they are the maximum that can be seen on your monitor.
However, the game should always be the same no matter how many times you go to the plains and return to cetus and then return to the plains and repeat this.
If you do it more and more times you will see that this gets worse.
It does not take you time to do the test and if you do, you'll give me the reason

Il y a 2 heures, Daemonjax a dit :

It's not so bad.  With a 1070, you can easily get through a full night of eidolon runs without any noticeable performance loss.

You have the GTX 1070, and even with that card you lose a bit of performance.
Before the last update run this mission maintained the performance even with a GTX 650 2gb, ie the same amount of FPS, the same temperature. No matter how many times you go to the plains of eidolon and then return to Cetus and then go to the plains and repeat this several more times.
In the case of the GTX 1070, the loss of FPS you do not feel it. But you can see that in truth if you are losing FPS, although there are so many, it simply does not affect you. On the other hand you can witness how the temperature of your GTX 1070 increases.

Il y a 1 heure, akhabue201 a dit :

Id. Si solo soy yo, pero cuantas más veces ingresas en POE, más pesada es la lluvia.

Unfortunately this happens when you are the host.
You are not just you. This affects everyone, including those who have a very powerful PC.

The only time I get noticeable performance loss is when I go into caves to fish or mine.. takes a long while though, and my fps actually stays high but it feels really low.  The only way to fix it is to reboot my computer.  I'm a computer techy, and I can't really explain it.  I just don't mine or fish a lot anymore. /shrug

I only notice after some 'Game Optimization' patch that DE release after sometime Fortuna is updated. I normally have about 50+ FPS when I'm in Orb Vallis but after some patch (noticeably after the K-Drive patch, even after they do 'Fix' that issue) when I'm using K-Drive the FPS will drop to 30 without any warning. And it's make the game straggle for sometime before it's normal again. But after sometime it will happen again. Making farming Rep for Vent Kid more annoying.

Feel like GPU Particle is the main issue. Because of how high the Particle when using K-Drive is... But I'm not sure but I've keep my GPU Particle setting from High to Medium and seem like the performance is a little bit better. FPS still drop sometimes though...

On 2018-12-22 at 8:53 PM, JohnnyMeta said:

That's a server/network issue.

It's the exact same performance issue WoW had in WotLK with Dalaran. So many players on a server in one spot. The lag, the dropped frames (had it drop down to 11fps!), as all those venders are server projections. Vendors/banks and all that are server served.

When Blizzard was converting the servers from player per server configuration to cross-server (and now sharding), we'll enter the prime city and go: WHERE'S OUR BANKS? Where are the venders??? It was them working on the servers/network.

In Legion, I walked into the Paladin hall -- it was COMPLETELY empty of NPCs. Went outside to the world -- ALL NPCS GONE. Everything but your data files on your computer was gone.

Then in about 5 or 10 minutes, the NPCS faded back into the scene.

Bulk of the problems we see in frame rates and lag and the like is related to infrastructure on DE's end.

They need more hamsters or a better server farm (Blizzard trucked their servers from around the country TWICE to finally settle in at the LA datacenter to tame that lag beast).

Been through all of this before (BUT having a scene of QUANTIZED images! Literally pixelated characters!).

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

On 2018-12-23 at 10:04 AM, JohnnyMeta said:

Do you have a powerful computer and lose 40 FPS for no reason?
Then the problem exists. If this problem did not exist you would always be seeing 144 FPS because they are the maximum that can be seen on your monitor.
However, the game should always be the same no matter how many times you go to the plains and return to cetus and then return to the plains and repeat this.
If you do it more and more times you will see that this gets worse.
It does not take you time to do the test and if you do, you'll give me the reason

I have everything set at max so when you have tons of blooms like when some one is spamming an energy color so bright that no one can see anything else, it strains even my machine... Gaming Mobo, 32 GB RAM, twin 1080s, i7 7700, SSD drives and a 300Mbps ISP. And if you multiply that x4 people with aoe's that are huge... it's gonna stress something.

Then add in that I have ping set to 250 but it still puts me in a 300+ ping instance where it will get to 500+... something isnt right. My guess is the bugs we've seen since Fortuna dropped. I've also seen the mobs in Orb get tougher than normal. Since there hasnt been a statement as to that being intended, there's no way to tell if issues exist there. I cant be certain but it feels like lower level stuff has gotta a bit tougher but I havent taken the time to sort it out and do a real test. I still have 3 MR levels to get so I have been focused on that more than performance issues.

Further, there will be doorways that show black instead of what's passed them. The first time that happened I took my machine to my guys and they weren't able to find any issues in my logs that would indicate a problem on my end. So, we'll see when the dust settles and the hotfixes/patches stop coming.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I back this 100%, I don't have the best PC but yeah the performance decreases every time I head back and forth, and as soon as night hits just sitting in Cetus, every 4-5 seconds my grame will freeze/stutter until it eventually crashes... They've got some serious work to do on fixing the performance of this game, it's been 6 freaking years, not a good rep imo! The fact it almost forces you into running a high end PC is also bullcrap, when mine works absolutely fine with other games. It's pathetic how much effort they put into making a game concept but have little to no care for the performance.