Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Defeater-

The repetitiveness of bounties.

Recommended Posts

This was an issue in the plains. The same bounty system made its way to fortuna, still boring but NOW we have bounties that literally never change with this new update. want to grind rep? better beat the same exact boss fight over and over. didnt get the materials you need for the next level? well i guess you better kill 3 guys and some ambulas 40 times in order to get them! 

this is insanely boring. at least fighting eidolons opened up arcanes for people who otherwise would never have got them from the trials, the orb mother literally just gives rep, and is not that fun of a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything I was already disappointing in that the individual stages were re-playable, it ruined everything when all I had to do was endlessly replay stage 4. And also the rewards and how vox solaris standing works now is pretty boring and mostly their drop chances. The bounty system didn't at all suit these, and the rewards for completing the other stages feel way to lack luster for some "super planned out heist." Don't you think?

And the fact that toroids (except crisma toroids) are still part of the three corpus bases makes it more boring. And to be honest, I still prefer eidolons over the other bosses. They felt much cooler rather than this thing that says good night every single damn time you kill it and Litttle Duck always says she needs a drink and the same boring quotes, I mean at least onkko wasn't in your damn face. And after all they are still a health sink, I thought we may have game-play that required going to the bases during the fight to disable / cripple its sentient invincibility and actually work as a team, but instead we do a little bit of this prior in stages 1-3, but it doesn't matter because you don't have to play those stages again, making your whole game experience unloading magazine after magazine into a damn health sink.

Then you give me this bounty chance reward system on top??! 1.01% chance to get a strain mod, it couldn't just be put into a 4th rotation on Eudico like all the others?

I also don't think the mesa prime access 2 - 4 hours later actually compelled me to grind a single thing, because all that got released apart from fashion such as the new hair styles, was just more damn ways to grind and a couple new enemies, that do a truck load of damage because we haven't learn't from enemy scaling mistakes before and that not every warframe can utilize it's armor or has an ability to negate damage in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CaptainJLP said:

Then you give me this bounty chance reward system on top??! 1.01% chance to get a strain mod, it couldn't just be put into a 4th rotation on Eudico like all the others?

Yea i heard some of the mods were stupid rare. this on top of the arcanes that you can actually buy not being worth the rep is really disappointing. once everyone gets all the MR points out of baruuk and the amps no one is going to play it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2018-12-22 at 10:18 PM, -Defeater- said:

want to grind rep? better beat the same exact boss fight over and over. didnt get the materials you need for the next level? well i guess you better kill 3 guys and some ambulas 40 times in order to get them! 

This post is not 100% fair. There are several different ways to grind reputation both for SU and Vox. Same with the crafting materials.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of my standing I did with conservation and then a bounty from time to time.

 

Best parts of fortuna for me were toroid farming, conservation and now profit taker fight.

 

The base capturing mechanic is a bit disappointing because afaik you can begin there only with low level bounties?

I was hoping that this mechanic would be more useful and interesting in fortuna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, not only do we have what feels like only 10 locations for bounties to start, but it feels lke more than half the time I’m just doing a variant of defense missions.

And ‘winging between stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-24 at 12:15 PM, ShinTechG said:

 

This post is not 100% fair. There are several different ways to grind reputation both for SU and Vox. Same with the crafting materials.

 

 

im talking mostly about rep for vox. yes there are multiple ways to grind rep for eudico which youre right, you dont have to do the bounties, but you have 2 choices for vox. either beat the orb mother in a couple minutes for 6k rep, or spend far more time grinding normal toroids. if you could turn gems or conservation stuff or bonds into vox rep it would be different, but both ways to get rep for vox are really repetitive. i was just comparing how the bounties, even when not the same exact thing, are repetitive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will just copy paste my comment from youtube under one video.
 

I am a web designer. Let say I want to build a website. I can throw 4 sliders in a row, just a little bit different in terms of visuals and leading to different subpages and call it a website. People are scrolling too fast through it? clicking too fast through sliders? I will put a 5sec timer so people will have to wait before they click or scroll. Does that solve the problem? No. This is just going around the problem. Now, look at Fortuna, they basically duplicated syndicate standings 3 times, as opposed to the Cetus' 2 times and called it a new content while slowing down progress through these 3 same mechanics.
That's cool, there is a lot of new stuff, it's fun to do once in a while... I think it's time for DE to come up with the new grind mechanic that will be equally fun instead of duplicating the same idea over and over. Moas? Kitguns? Kdrives? These are just amps and zaws but with a different outcome.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I love Fortuna, and as much as I don't have time to grind it, I don't like the idea of daily limits that can be hit in one hour of gameplay for no reason, leading to more of the same. Path of exile introduces new mechanics every season and it all also comes down to grind fest, but it's always a little bit different grind fest than before. Hell, even Fornite, as boring and repetitive as it is, come up with new ideas every once in a while.

Well about bounties themselves: 

I am MR 10 at this moment, I hit standing limit after like 2-3 bounties. There's no point for me to fish or mine after that. I just leave Fortuna, go to Cetus, do the same, quit the game. Rinse and repeat. Bounties rewards are the other thing though... On the Fortuna gameplay from Tennocon, the bounty rewards were battacor and ocucor, I'D LOVE to do the bounty that's about hacking into corpus lab and stealing battacor
slammed as the new clan research... Fortuna is awesome, it could always be better though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just so tired of going to the same locations over and over again. Enrichment labs, central maintenance, grow site, and that one unnamed garage off the road near Fortuna. That’s it. I’ve never had a bounty send me to the spaceport, or temple, or the pearl, or the dig site. The Orb Vallis is supposed to be like 4 times the size of PoE, so why are we not utilizing that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sard1Lorlade said:

I will just copy paste my comment from youtube under one video.
 

I am a web designer. Let say I want to build a website. I can throw 4 sliders in a row, just a little bit different in terms of visuals and leading to different subpages and call it a website. People are scrolling too fast through it? clicking too fast through sliders? I will put a 5sec timer so people will have to wait before they click or scroll. Does that solve the problem? No. This is just going around the problem. Now, look at Fortuna, they basically duplicated syndicate standings 3 times, as opposed to the Cetus' 2 times and called it a new content while slowing down progress through these 3 same mechanics.
That's cool, there is a lot of new stuff, it's fun to do once in a while... I think it's time for DE to come up with the new grind mechanic that will be equally fun instead of duplicating the same idea over and over. Moas? Kitguns? Kdrives? These are just amps and zaws but with a different outcome.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I love Fortuna, and as much as I don't have time to grind it, I don't like the idea of daily limits that can be hit in one hour of gameplay for no reason, leading to more of the same. Path of exile introduces new mechanics every season and it all also comes down to grind fest, but it's always a little bit different grind fest than before. Hell, even Fornite, as boring and repetitive as it is, come up with new ideas every once in a while.

Well about bounties themselves: 

I am MR 10 at this moment, I hit standing limit after like 2-3 bounties. There's no point for me to fish or mine after that. I just leave Fortuna, go to Cetus, do the same, quit the game. Rinse and repeat. Bounties rewards are the other thing though... On the Fortuna gameplay from Tennocon, the bounty rewards were battacor and ocucor, I'D LOVE to do the bounty that's about hacking into corpus lab and stealing battacor
slammed as the new clan research... Fortuna is awesome, it could always be better though.

 

good points, and yea, im MR 26 and i find the daily limit annoying. cant imagine being mr 10 and only being able to gain half of what i can currently, though i doubt theyll ever change it. was thinking of starting fresh at osme point but when i hear stuff like this its like naaah....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bounties were my last straw. Boring, low effort, repetitive filler that wouldn't cut it as side content in other games. And made a feature mechanic in PoE.

I had Hope's for Fortuna, but it's just PoE v1.5. No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...