Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasions Siding With Infestations

X2Y2

I wonder why I can't side with the Infestations on invasion, tho Mutalist Alad V and Lephantis are intelligent enough.
I suggest these:

• Tennos now can side with The Infested.
  • Siding with Grineers/Corpus rewards commonly including Detonite Injectors/Fieldrons, MAV Nav Coordinates, etc.
  • Siding with The Infested rewards Mutagen Masses, components of Pherliac Pods, Synthula and other more valuable items.
  • Tennos will be marked for death siding with The Infested, by the Zanuka Hunter or The Grustrag Three, with only 3 missions.
  • Tennos will be marked for death being against The Infested, by someone new, with 5 missions.
Edited by HodanK

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

There's literally no upside to the Infestation gaining ground or gaining an upper hand vs. any faction.

Mutalist Alad V and Lephantis will reward you. That's enough.

10 minutes ago, HodanK said:

Mutalist Alad V and Lephantis will reward you. That's enough.

For players, sure. Lorewise, no. We help the Corpus and Grineer in order to ensure neither takes dominance of the system. There is no circumstance where we want the infestation to spread.

The problem with this involves the Lore.  Infested are out for complete domination of the system -- killing (well, assimilating) all life into its own -- which is antithetical to individuality and innovation outside of its own form.  Proof of this is the mutation of Chargers, various forms of Leapers, all the different Crawlers, even the Mutalist Osprey and Mutalist MOAs.

Even though Mutalist Alad V might be considered intelligent -- it was clear during Operation Breeding Ground quest he was so far off from his Corpus/Orokin origins -- he was no longer human. 

As for Lephantis' Intelligence, based on the lore given to us, it's clear that Lephantis has its own agendas and though it might be deemed as intelligent and perhaps even cooperative, it would just as soon turn on us an assimilate us than work with us cooperatively.

Edited by MBaldelli

I find these thread hilariously funny, because it comes down to "let's help said virus to spread even more" ... It's like a zombie kind virus. Who would be stupid enough? Lorewise, the Tenno might USE the infestation to their advantage, but will probably never work WITH it. Try working with a zombie, you'll see if he wants to reward you or eat you, too.