Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

controller help

Grizman21

Question

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, oldslayr said:

Afterglow 360 controller? I already checked if my controller was fried or something, I got responses from all the buttons. 

Check to make sure that it's being fully recognized in Windows and in Steam.  If you're using the Steam client version, then more than likely Steam is probably trying to use the Steam controller settings instead of the Xbox ones.  

8 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Check to make sure that it's being fully recognized in Windows and in Steam.  If you're using the Steam client version, then more than likely Steam is probably trying to use the Steam controller settings instead of the Xbox ones.  

yeah, I checked both locations. I tried following the advice from this thread with a similar problem, but to no avail. I was hoping a patch or a forthcoming hotfix could fix this, but none has come.

I also have a 360 variant controller and Warframe is giving me grief. Can only use right analog in menu for scrolling, rest of the buttons are set to exclusively defaults for some ungodly reason despite changing the controls and making sure that it took the changes. Diagnosing on windows did nothing, nor did reinstalling drivers and device or making sure that steam wasn't screwing with me. Checked to make sure all inputs were read normally and they were. Have tried changing settings in a variety of ways, resetting to defaults, deleting some appdata files and verifying as some have suggested so that Warframe recreates the base controller files, turning off controller detection for steam, etc nothing working currently.

Not only that, I changed my controller bindings and it still only uses the control defaults and not the new bindings that I just set, despite the screen for controller config STILL SHOWING my changes. I've been playing warframe with controller for years relatively problem free (barring issues that everyone had regardless of control preference), and I only started having issues within the past week along with another friend of mine that also plays on controller. I know the number of controller players on PC is really tiny so the presence of these issues have me rather worried.

14 hours ago, Saedrenel said:

I also have a 360 variant controller and Warframe is giving me grief. Can only use right analog in menu for scrolling, rest of the buttons are set to exclusively defaults for some ungodly reason despite changing the controls and making sure that it took the changes. Diagnosing on windows did nothing, nor did reinstalling drivers and device or making sure that steam wasn't screwing with me. Checked to make sure all inputs were read normally and they were. Have tried changing settings in a variety of ways, resetting to defaults, deleting some appdata files and verifying as some have suggested so that Warframe recreates the base controller files, turning off controller detection for steam, etc nothing working currently.

Not only that, I changed my controller bindings and it still only uses the control defaults and not the new bindings that I just set, despite the screen for controller config STILL SHOWING my changes. I've been playing warframe with controller for years relatively problem free (barring issues that everyone had regardless of control preference), and I only started having issues within the past week along with another friend of mine that also plays on controller. I know the number of controller players on PC is really tiny so the presence of these issues have me rather worried.

Yep, same exact problem. DE please help

FWIW: I use an xbox 1 controller (sometimes xbox 1 elite controller) when I play on pc for all aspects except typing in chat  with no issues (current as of 12/25/2018).  I use it wired via usb as there is too much lag when wireless.

I do NOT use steam version of warframe but rather use the direct download from DE - I would check your steam settings and if possible perhaps even do a direct download rather than the steam version just to check if it works properly with steam out of the way.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

FWIW: I use an xbox 1 controller (sometimes xbox 1 elite controller) when I play on pc for all aspects except typing in chat  with no issues (current as of 12/25/2018).  I use it wired via usb as there is too much lag when wireless.

I do NOT use steam version of warframe but rather use the direct download from DE - I would check your steam settings and if possible perhaps even do a direct download rather than the steam version just to check if it works properly with steam out of the way.

I'm afraid that didn't solve my problem... I have seen a dev say that the XB1 controllers work fine, but I'm not sure what I can say that will give any hints. 

22 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

This has been my experience using the Xbox Elite Controller on PC as well.  I had stopped using the Steam client because it was causing problems with my controller.  Switched to DE client and all the issues went away.  Only loading Steam version to buy Tennogen and going right back to DE version to play.  

It's a somewhat strange thing really as the problem only happens with Warframe and not other games I have from Steam.