A Suggestion For an Option to Getting Rid of Unwanted Relics

DrivaMain

Greetings everyone,

Everytime I check my relics I see dozens of relics that left untouched and I can’t crack them all because lazyness or I dont have time.

It would be nice if we could sell our relics to Baro for 10 ducats or destroy it for 5-10 void traces

what do you guys think?

Edit : from @Cephalycionwith some tweaks

Allow us to exchange 3 relics of the same era but we can only get the relic of the same era. E.g exhanging 3 lith relics will grant you a random lith relic.

edit : maybe add a daily cap for exchanging relics? 

Edit : to everyone that says 'why you don't sell them?' the suggestion is an option

Edited by DrivaMain
Edited the title to tell everyone this is an Opti

> It would make radding alot easier

> More gold parts in the market

> Plat price of prime items plummet

OR/AND

> It would make ducats alot easier to get

> More primed mods and prisma weps in the market

> Plat price of baro items plummet

So no.

I think a better way of getting rid of void relics would be something like rerolling, e.g. spending 3 relics to reroll to a new relic etc etc.

7 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

> It would make radding alot easier

> More gold parts in the market

> Plat price of prime items plummet

OR/AND

> It would make ducats alot easier to get

> More primed mods and prisma weps in the market

> Plat price of baro items plummet

So no.

I think a better way of getting rid of void relics would be something like rerolling, e.g. spending 3 relics to reroll to a new relic etc etc.

Hmm rerolling/exchanging would be safer for the economy, but to make it not too crazy make it that you can't mix relics from other era and it will only give you a relic of the same era.

e.g if you want to get a lith relic you can only get it by exchanging 3 lith relics.

Edited by DrivaMain

There's no such thing as an unwanted relic. 

I have thousands. I farm them a lot. They will get used--at least potentially. 

If I've farmed up everything on a particular relic's PA, then that relic is now either a source of forma (assuming it's on the relic) or traces. Every PA consumes many forma (stuff needs optimized) and many traces to get decent chances at uncommon and rare drops, of which there are many in each PA.

Extra relics are a source of ducats. Baro isn't the most exciting vendor, but when he has something new and (more rarely) decent you don't want to be left out. Those extra prime parts come from those extra relics--usually obtained when farming traces. 

Extra relics are also a potential source of platinum, especially if they have been vaulted for some period of time. This isn't a small thing if you're cheap. 

These things don't go unused. The fact I have more than I can use quickly just means I don't have to worry about running out. It's the 7Ps all over again. 

I'd like the reroll thing, cuz there are times where I'm after a specific relic and I keep getting multiples of another. Like whenever a prime vault drops but I keep getting relics from the last rotation that weren't vaulted.

However I'd much prefer a way to sort relics and lock the ones you wanna save (like vaulted relics or rare Rad relics from ESO) in another section so you don't have to scroll through pages of them to find a "burner" to use.

51 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

There's no such thing as an unwanted relic. 

I have thousands. I farm them a lot. They will get used--at least potentially. 

If I've farmed up everything on a particular relic's PA, then that relic is now either a source of forma (assuming it's on the relic) or traces. Every PA consumes many forma (stuff needs optimized) and many traces to get decent chances at uncommon and rare drops, of which there are many in each PA.

Extra relics are a source of ducats. Baro isn't the most exciting vendor, but when he has something new and (more rarely) decent you don't want to be left out. Those extra prime parts come from those extra relics--usually obtained when farming traces. 

Extra relics are also a potential source of platinum, especially if they have been vaulted for some period of time. This isn't a small thing if you're cheap. 

These things don't go unused. The fact I have more than I can use quickly just means I don't have to worry about running out. It's the 7Ps all over again. 

I understand that every relic is useful for you, but not everyone has the time in the world to crack them all. My suggestion is to give people an option on how to get rid of those relics and maybe reduce the RNG complaints/frustation

Edited by DrivaMain

Relics are worth 0 Ducats. Ducats come into the game in rare special occasions or from destroying a Prime part that can no longer be used to build something or to be traded. At best, I would see a token amount of Traces to sell the fact there is no real benefit to outright destroying a Relic vs using it.

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

...but not everyone has the time in the world to crack them all. My suggestion is to give people an option on how to get rid of those relics and maybe reduce the RNG complaints/frustation

What you're asking for is another reason not to play the game. 

There are multiple systems to obtain relics.This would shortstop using syndicate standing and syndicate widgets to obtain new relics on new PA release. The new relic system was partially put in place to prevent veteran players doing just this. Instead of starting at the same point as everyone else, I just convert a few score relics to the desired ones and I'm way ahead on farming. 

We've been here before and DE changed that system. This seems like a retrograde step.

11 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

What you're asking for is another reason not to play the game. 

There are multiple systems to obtain relics.This would shortstop using syndicate standing and syndicate widgets to obtain new relics on new PA release. 

How about adding a daily cap for exchanging those relics? I am sure this will not stop people to grind syndicates standing to buy the relic packs.

Edited by DrivaMain

I felt this way once, then I realized something the last month after 13 or so months of playing. 

Back when plauge star first came out, Neo H1's were a very common reward from i I had something like 100+ Neo h1's from plauge star, hydron, xini, that that pluto excavation mission so many useless relics right? Now a little over a year later half of it's contents are vaulted. And it's not like the vaulted things really such. it's banshee, tigris and fragor parts. the gold is hydroid prime who will be vaulting this year as well. 

Of course my point of view on this is entirely only if you want to sell sets later down the road when things are vaulted. If that's not someone's style then rerolling relics like we do with unwanted rivens sounds like a good compromise. 

Edited by Fire2box

6 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

or OR maybe...sell the relics themselves to someone on the trade chat that wants to buy them?

There are people who want relics, because they can crack them easily for Ducat fodder, or actually want the contents.

The only suggestion I'll make is, Let us choose how many relics we put per trade slot.

I'll say this again, this is an option. I have sold dozens of vaulted relics and the relics keep piling up. If I want to get rid of non vaulted relics (e.g Chroma Prime relics) by selling I will have to wait years for him to get vaulted because of demand. The suggestion is for people who want to get rid of them right now and maybe get a little something in return