Did Nyx get reworked or buffed?

Tazdingoo

When DE said they were looking into reworking Nyx, I was expecting an Excalibur-level of rework.

From what I've read, it just seems like they just changed around some numbers and elements while everything else just stayed the same. 

Kind of sad when she was pretty much my first primed frame and was waiting for a reason to main her again. 

She still faces the problem where other frames stole her abilities and made them better i.e. Loki's Radial Disarm and Revenant's Enthrall

Her 2 is good though but holding down the button seems unnecessary for no reason.

I guess I can still wait for the next rework wave in a few years...

Her 4 will be a pretty good nuking ability when combined with range, natural talent and the augment for it. And if her mind control rework stacks with it's mind freak augment then I can see some high level heavy gunner shreading everything on the map. Yes her 'rework' was more of a buff but I think it'll make her a bit more viable and fun to play. Also radial disarm requires a augment and it removes enemy weapons forcing them to melee, with Nyx you could have the enemy bombards mess up their own team which is much more fun to watch 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Reworked? Yes

Buffed? No.

they made a dumb decision with how you manage her 2.

Absorb is still just a pseudo tank ability as it doesn’t deal enough damage to be worth it.

Pretty much this. just like how:

Excalibur: rework. Frost: tweak. Zephyr: Rework. Saryn: Rework. Rhino: tweak. Titania: tweak

basically if an ability is changed significantly and doesn't act like how it was before or completely removed for another ability, then it's a rework. If stats were changed, effects added or abilities slightly changed but does pretty much the same thing then it's a tweak 

I'm pretty sure DE went with their new usual policy of going in safe when it comes to new changes, especially for warframes. That's why most new frames have to get 1-3 changes after release. They're just afraid of creating something OP, even they admitted this in the latest stream I think 

I find absorb to be a theme ability and less a useful one. It's pretty iconic to Nyx and changing/removing it wouldn't be wise imo. It's also a very one-dimensional ability with not many options on how to add to it so I get why it's changes were lacking. I still remember when I first got Nyx and went to ODD to level her up, which was the meta back in the day (where infested were mindless melee enemies cheesable with vauban) and....it sucked, badly. My team killed everything before I got a chance to use my stored up damage. That's why it's augment is so good, because it focused on the invulnerability aspect of the ability which is core of the ability imo and not damage dealing or defense 

Rebecca mentioned they'll take another look at it in a forum post, but I doubt they'll come up with anything more than what we currently have

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Her 4 will be a pretty good nuking ability when combined with range, natural talent and the augment for it.

How so? The Augment cripples Absorb's already meh range (plus yay damage falloff), and in any case,
the Energy costs to absorb any meaningful damage are stupid high (just remove those extra costs, look at Mallet / Maim).

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I can see some high level heavy gunner shreading everything on the map

Eh, not really, enemy damage, even boosted, is just no match for high-level enemy Armor (and Health).
The Psychic Bolts debuff may help, but that's limited to 6 debuffed enemies at a time (DE why),
and then you need to get lucky and have your MC victim actually attack on of those 6 (and also attack at all in the first place).

So, half of your kit, plus your attention (oh noes), is required to make what you envisioned there work.
Yeah, that may be fun one or two times in Solo / the Simulacrum, but as a cornerstone of general Nyx usage? Pass.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

How so? The Augment cripples Absorb's already meh range (plus yay damage falloff), and in any case,
the Energy costs to absorb any meaningful damage are stupid high (just remove those extra costs, look at Mallet / Maim).

Eh, not really, enemy damage, even boosted, is just no match for high-level enemy Armor (and Health).
The Psychic Bolts debuff may help, but that's limited to 6 debuffed enemies at a time (DE why),
and then you need to get lucky and have your MC victim actually attack on of those 6 (and also attack at all in the first place).

So, half of your kit, plus your attention (oh noes), is required to make what you envisioned there work.
Yeah, that may be fun one or two times in Solo / the Simulacrum, but as a cornerstone of general Nyx usage? Pass.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Uh... no. It can be a nuke and a defensive ability. Not both. The range is too tiny on Assimilate for it to be a nuke

Did the rework go live for PC? I'm just speculating but there's no point if it has already been tested by the players. If not then maybe wait until everyone tries the changes because it might end up good

After i tested her abilities when the Profit Taker update came, i figured out her Synergies. But her Synergies seems to focus on Mind Control because building up damage with Absorb, Stripping the enemies Armor, Mind Controlling one enemy, and then releasing the Damage from absorb to the enemy you mind controlled would make the Mind Controlled enemy do a lot of extra damage and it can make it kill the other enemies around him/her. The problem about that Synergy is survivability and energy. Absorb still uses up small chunks of energy after a certain amount of damage so when i cast her other abilities except Chaos, i would be close to running out of energy so i would have to deactivate Absorb before casting Chaos to make the enemies fight each other. 

That’s where her Survivability issue shows up because of how low her stats are. She’s not a Frame that want to get hit at the higher levels outside of Assimilate.

I'd take a revert honestly.

She's just much worse as a CC frame and didn't really get anything in return.

If you used Pacifying Bolts that augment went from pretty good to awful and if you used it then you probably also use elemental based weapons to not invoke the bug is has. So you were already good at stripping armor from enemies. She's less safe since -%Accuracy doesn't work least I've never seen it work. Either way, Disarm was still better.

Not really a fan of even the Sound FX changes really.

In my honest opinion nyx got a crazy good buff but DE never give ppl actual hard lvl enemies which makes ppl think if it ain't nuking low lvl then it ain't good. I currently find her one of the best frames now but most ppl won't see that unless they're tested in endurance runs same for higher skill cap frames like ash and limbo. 

9 hours ago, ShenRyujin said:

In my honest opinion nyx got a crazy good buff but DE never give ppl actual hard lvl enemies which makes ppl think if it ain't nuking low lvl then it ain't good. I currently find her one of the best frames now but most ppl won't see that unless they're tested in endurance runs same for higher skill cap frames like ash and limbo. 

900 in-mission hours on Nyx and I'm an endurance runner. I'd have to disagree.

The reason Nyx wasn't being used much in the first place was because of the level range. It's not the reason her rework is bad. You dont' need CC until lvl 300+ and I've played her as the protection frame in team run multiple times. CC is critical in those runs. Armor strip is not because weapons. Nor is her Absorb damage or a brain dead AI pet.

Nyx and Loki are the only two frames that can still do a CC comp team thanks to Nullifiers but i'd pick Loki for now every time. He's just better at protecting the team now and that's your job as a CC frame. Warframe doesn't reward generalization and that's what they've tried to do to Nyx.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Her 4 will be a pretty good nuking ability when combined with range, natural talent and the augment for it. And if her mind control rework stacks with it's mind freak augment then I can see some high level heavy gunner shreading everything on the map. Yes her 'rework' was more of a buff but I think it'll make her a bit more viable and fun to play. Also radial disarm requires a augment and it removes enemy weapons forcing them to melee, with Nyx you could have the enemy bombards mess up their own team which is much more fun to watch 

Currently the "bonus" damage doesnt seem to do anything noticable. Reaching 1000% damage on a mob still feels worthless so even if the augment stacks or improves this number i doubt it had any use.

10 hours ago, ShenRyujin said:

She got 4 buffs and out of the four only 2 is noticable.

I always loved the concept of nyx tanking, the buffed bolt with the evansion looks good but everything else is dismissable.

32 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

900 in-mission hours on Nyx and I'm an endurance runner. I'd have to disagree.

The reason Nyx wasn't being used much in the first place was because of the level range. It's not the reason her rework is bad. You dont' need CC until lvl 300+ and I've played her as the protection frame in team run multiple times. CC is critical in those runs. Armor strip is not because weapons. Nor is her Absorb damage or a brain dead AI pet.

Nyx and Loki are the only two frames that can still do a CC comp team thanks to Nullifiers but i'd pick Loki for now every time. He's just better at protecting the team now and that's your job as a CC frame. Warframe doesn't reward generalization and that's what they've tried to do to Nyx.

i do agree her 4 isnt gonna be used in those runs but i found her 1 wit the augment atleast raise her kills per sec slightly wen they have zero armor. also the fact she can strip armor lets her weapons build with viral and radiation which help her kill enemies few times faster while using a aoe weapon would usually take those groups of 6 no problem, even then wen ppl dont like the charge time to remove the bolts i find that she has enough mod space to add in natural talent. so u are right loki is able to protect the team more but i think nyx brings more dps to the table in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, ShenRyujin said:

i do agree her 4 isnt gonna be used in those runs but i found her 1 wit the augment atleast raise her kills per sec slightly wen they have zero armor. also the fact she can strip armor lets her weapons build with viral and radiation which help her kill enemies few times faster while using a aoe weapon would usually take those groups of 6 no problem, even then wen ppl dont like the charge time to remove the bolts i find that she has enough mod space to add in natural talent. so u are right loki is able to protect the team more but i think nyx brings more dps to the table in my opinion.

You're thinking in terms of Survival though, which is fine. It's the most popular endless mission but compare her in Defense, Interception, Excavation or in a pre-built team comp where her job is primarily to keep things alive. She doesn't really need the armor strip cuz Banshee or CPx4 or guns or plenty of team comp synergies. I don't have any gripes over her pet. It's always been Utility to me. If it can do damage too that's fine. It's more that they're treating her MC as compensation for rounding her out from a CC frame and I don't feel that's worth it. Neither the armor strip or the passive change. I mean her passive is just straight up worse and they were trying to give her a better one?

I dunno, she just needs more. Octavia is one of the most game breaking frames and they're worried about Nyx re-casting an armor strip ability? Pacifying Bolts was one of my fav augments on her. Pressing awareness and group value over Assimilate and they've ruined it.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

You're thinking in terms of Survival though, which is fine. It's the most popular endless mission but compare her in Defense, Interception, Excavation or in a pre-built team comp where her job is primarily to keep things alive. She doesn't really need the armor strip cuz Banshee or CPx4 or guns or plenty of team comp synergies. I don't have any gripes over her pet. It's always been Utility to me. If it can do damage too that's fine. It's more that they're treating her MC as compensation for rounding her out from a CC frame and I don't feel that's worth it. Neither the armor strip or the passive change. I mean her passive is just straight up worse and they were trying to give her a better one?

I dunno, she just needs more. Octavia is one of the most game breaking frames and they're worried about Nyx re-casting an armor strip ability? Pacifying Bolts was one of my fav augments on her. Pressing awareness and group value over Assimilate and they've ruined it.

Very true old passive would of been fine and it would be nice if bolts would been recastable but man I do miss her old assimilate in the waaay older days xD