Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Build for Solo Profit-Taker as Rhino Prime?

Marakai

I have seen couple of video with Chroma Prime soloing Profit-Taker, so it should not be a problem for Rhino Prime, however I didn't find any videos around, so if anyone already done this- what build you recommend? I guess it terms of tactic I could use those video as Chroma plays almost the same as Rhino, minus worrying about HP and more about reapplying Iron Skin when low.

I want to go classic Shrapnel max Strength, duration, low efficiency build as Iron Skin gives enough dmg mitigation and also makes you immune to all annoying knockdowns/knockbacks.

Iron skin should be around 9,4-9,7k without any absorbtion in invurneable phase and dmg buff I will be aiming from 160-170% with Growing Power Proc.

I use the following build on my Rhino:

- Shotgun Amp

- Enemy Sense

- Vitality

- Steel Fiber

- Transient Fortitude

- intensify

- Energy Conversion

- Streamline

- Augur Secrets

For weapons I use Tigris Prime aimed at viral/radiation damage:

- Primed Point Blank

- Shell Shock

- Scattering Inferno

- Toxic Barage

- Frigid Blast

- Sweeping Serration

- Hell's Chamber

- Blaze

It's an old build that I used, it's not perfect but it gets me through it without any problems honestly. As a secondary I also use a Lato Vandal for until I reach 50 points, then switch to Tigris Prime.

Hope this helps Tenno!

1 minute ago, Raskolnikow said:

heh, gl

you either have iron skin on or not (cause ur dead)

theres a reason why ppl use chroma 

Um, that's why you have Iron Shrapnel? I can recast it when I want. I won't sit on 4% Iron Skin and wait for it to be blow up and get damage to HP.

You know how Iron Shrapnel works, yes?

Besides it's not like you will instantly lose 9k Iron Skin. Not to mention if you also use Ironclad Charge mod on Corpus minions in this fight you can have easly 30k + Iron Skin.

Good luck to one-shotting that...

6 minutes ago, -TSA-raku said:

Chroma. Done

Chroma and Rhino are pretty much the same, minus Rhino is tankier and Chroma has little better weapon damage buff.

I prefer Rhino because I just press button and it works.

Also Iron Skin is much better as you are immune to everything and I can recast it when I want with Shrapnel mod.

I know I can use my Chroma Prime, but I don't like Chroma because Chroma feels for me like overcomplicated Rhino.

Both are awesome but I prefer when it plays simpler so I prefer Rhino. Both have their ups and downs but are esentially almost the same.

Self Survival + Damage Buff buff. Chroma has deflect, Rhino immunity to all CC and statuses.

Not much difference, I just prefer Rhino over Chroma.

Edited by Marakai

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Even with Lv 1 (does they even exist at this low Level?) a Nullifier can blow up your 2 million IS in less than 1 second

Man, we are fighting Orb-Taker in HUGE OPEN AREA. HUGE.

How the hell would you step into bubble there? I never step into bubble even in smallest ESO zones. How would you suddenly do it in open map?

Jesus, I won't melee Orb-taker with Gram Prime 😄. Unless people play melee-rhino I don't know how you can step into bubble all of the sudden.

Edited by Marakai

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If you are such a pro why you even ask for help? 

I just wanted to know what builds people like to take. Why to be salty all of the sudden?

Besides I asked here what build to take and you came here with off-topic post that totally had nothing to do with my innitial question. So why even bother writing?

Besides- You don't have to be pro to not step into bubble in open maps. Man, like it's a matter of not being blind, not any skill. It's not like bubble is invisible in Orb, or small or it's NOT GLOWING LIKE CHRISTMAS TREE...

Edited by Marakai
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Stop right there.

Roar:

Elemental Ward (Cold):

Vex Armor:

Rhino does not even compare to Chroma in terms of damage numbers and tanking. Chroma is the superior choice 100% of the time without exception when it comes to the role of damaging with weapons. Rhino and Chroma boost damage in different ways, but the output of Chroma is far above Rhino.

Um, sorry but Chrima can't get effective extra 40-70k HP on average which is what I get in all sort of missions and Sorties etc. with Ironclad charge. Not to mention I dont even care about those 70k going slowly down as I will just reapply those when I want. If you use certain melee weapon you can group enemies and do in one Ironclad charge over 300k Iron Skin. And If I have Shrapnel mod I can just reapply or even increase that when opportunity comes during mission.

Chroma is not as tanky as Rhino, unless you can't utilize Ironclad Charge and build Rhino properly. Even without Ironclad charge I can reapply 10k effective HP as ferrite armor when I want with Shrapnel build. Not to mention I can ignore Toxin, Bleed, Statues, Knockdowns etc.

Rhino Prime is tankier than Chroma.

As for weapon damage buff, I agree that Chroma has better damage buff, but not by that much more. Still Chroma > Rhino when it comes to weapon buff. But Rhino also buffs abilities damage, while Chroma only weapons.

As for the actually damage numbers from buff goes, it's not that big of a difference:

Example:

Gun 1 with Serration, Heavy Caliber, other mods I pretty much dont have to care about.

That gun would do (1+1.65+1.65) * x or 4.3x damage without buffs

with highest constant str of 299%

Chroma would do 2.75*2.99+4.3 = 8.22+4.3 = 12.52x damage

while Rhino would  do (0.5*2.99+1)*4.3 = 2.495*4.3 = 10.73x damage

So with only the basic mods, Chroma actually comes out a lil bit ahead but it's only 16% ahead at weapon damage though. 

Besides why it went to again Chroma vs Rhino. Both are awesome frames, it's not debate "vs". If you google math was many time in many other threads brought and explained that: Tanking: Rhino>Chroma and Damage Buff Chroma>Rhino. I am not here to explain that, google it and search on this forum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-23 at 11:27 AM, Voltage said:

Stop right there.

Roar:

Elemental Ward (Cold):

Vex Armor:

Rhino does not even compare to Chroma in terms of damage numbers and tanking. Chroma is the superior choice 100% of the time without exception when it comes to the role of damaging with weapons. Rhino and Chroma boost damage in different ways, but the output of Chroma is far above Rhino.

Stop right there..

You do realize chromas buff are additive while rhinos is multiplicative... right? 

If you don’t know what that means, it means that although the numbers look impressive with chroma because there big, he BARELY comes ahead of rhino. And ontop of that rhinos buff has way more range and buffs abilities. 

And chroma may have the tankiness over rhino, but rhinos buff is insanely easy to apply/reapply especially when you throw his augments into the mix, rhino can EASILY push 50k-100k iron skin in a 1-2 second combo.

Why this thread turned into a rhino/chroma debate when all the OP asked for was some advice is beyond me.  But if your going to argue about nothing atleast get your facts right.

• Like 1