Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"stop changing it" (Profit taker)

Slaytanic93

Question

I have a question regarding the Shield of the Profit Taker

I've been running some Profit Taker missions and twice I've had people angrily yell at the party to "stop changing it", referring to the shield's resistances.

I know you can change it forcefully by hitting it with your operator, but I have not done that at all.

The other way to change it is by simply doing a lot of damage, which I think is whats happening, because a friend and I purposely bring multiple elements so we are able to damage the shields pretty much all the time. However it seems like most people only bring radiation and corrosive, since one of the people that told the party to stop changing it said "leave it on radiation or corrosive".

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but "leaving it in radiation/corrosive" doesn't help when you literally do too much damage and it changes again. It's not like people are purposely changing it with your operator without doing damage. Do they not realize it won't sit in radiation forever and will change on it's own once it takes some damage?

Also, when its some obscure element that I happen to have on my weapon (like Gas or Electric), I happen to also do enough damage to the shield and make it change because it took too much damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's... helping? That's damaging the shield, and since we have most elements at hand we are able to damage it constantly... Why are people complaining?

Again, am I missing something? Please enlighten me if you have the answer.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

It just changes over time automatically as well next to too much damage and operator mode.

Whoever yells at you simply does not know what the hell they are doing and should maybe learn the mechanics better. Or else they are going to die from a salt overdose as people "keep changing it".

5 minutes ago, Slaytanic93 said:

Again, am I missing something? Please enlighten me if you have the answer.

You seem to miss, that in a full group, you aren't the only one who might change the element.
Good for you that you didn't change the element. But why do you assume, these people were talking to you? Maybe someone else in the group changed the element away from corrosive or radiation?

I would assume the "yelling" people know how to deal with the Orb, and they know that they will do quite a bit of damage.
And if they are running Radiation, maybe they run a Raditation/Freeze-Combo. Both these elements get quite a nice damage-boost against the Orb...

4 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

You seem to miss, that in a full group, you aren't the only one who might change the element.
Good for you that you didn't change the element. But why do you assume, these people were talking to you? Maybe someone else in the group changed the element away from corrosive or radiation?

I would assume the "yelling" people know how to deal with the Orb, and they know that they will do quite a bit of damage.
And if they are running Radiation, maybe they run a Raditation/Freeze-Combo. Both these elements get quite a nice damage-boost against the Orb...

In a group composed of myself, a friend, the person complaining, and one other random, the chance of them talking about me or my friend is likely.

I'm not arguing the effectiveness of their own build, but their inability to conceive others may be simply damaging the orb until it changes, or their inability to realize the orb won't wait patiently for their ayylmao arcaplasmor build to damage its shields all the way down without switching its resistance at some point.

Maybe the fact they do so much damage at once (apparently exclusively during the radiation phase) makes the resistance switch instantly, and mistakenly seem like someone else changed the element.

Regardless, my only concern was if I was doing something wrong, and now I have my conscience clear.