Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Political situation in Origin system after fortuna P2

Whiskered

So like in a name of topic.

Recently I feel that Corpus are much more significant and powerful threat in Origin System than Grinners are.
Corpus feel much more competent, their technology and recent advancements make them feel like they are actually developing improving. They have much greater advancements in study of the Sentient technology, they are also smart enough to actually use diplomacy and peaceful ways. They buy from Ostrons, pieces of eidalons, chunks of living tower and what is most important Ostron rugs. New recent corpus battle proxies, they hyenas, raptors, ambulas, bursas, are much more powerful than most of Grinner troops. Especially that corpus can field specialized units to counter warframes, nullfiers and all other sorts.

Meantime Grinners lose countless troops, trying to excavate and study at least nuggets of Sentient or Orokin tech.
Grinner recent army additions feel pathetic while compared to all Corpus, well.... we got Ghouls and Nox. One being rapidly deteriorating dimwitted ambush troops and other being heavy armored toxic shock troops. Recent their weapons just keeps re-using same detonite based tech. No recent breakthroughs in any genetic or technocyte manipulation technologies. I am kinda surprised that they don't have any tanks, or even light speeders to patrol and maintain control on plains of eidlon.

Back to corpus for a moment.
Currently as it is in lore, it feels like Nef Anyo will take over corpus, executive board. His troops and designs feel more radical, brutal and fanatical... I'd like to see that happen actually..and maybe have a further split in corpus. Some other directors trying to run away, some more splinter factions of Corpus?

Edited by Whiskered
  • Like 2

Vor dosen't seem interested in being with grineers any more. He is corrupted with void power....
I'd rather see them succeed with some genetic magic. Manage to make some grinner super soldiers, infused with technocyte and cybernetics.

And now silly conspiration theory.
Nef Anyo is also void corrupted. His head dress looks like neural sentry  piece.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

If the Corpus are going the sentient-hybrid weapon route, then the Grineer need to go the orokin-hybrid weapon route.

Corpus got kinda both covered. Oxium is Orokin material, they have fusion moas.  Still nothing would stop grinners using some more orokin and sentient tech, if they would stop failing at everything.

Fomorians are still better than anything Corpus have, meanwhile Razorbacks are very limited, even in an arms race they win with just their ferrite armor, Corpus military structure isn't built for conventional warfare (you might notice their units are usually using low maintenance single target weapons for self defense with very few units having actual combat utility as stated in the Codex, like Nullifiers, Bursa etc.), nor do they have an interest in having a proper army, prolonging the war and selling subpar weaponry is simply more profitable.

14 minutes ago, Whiskered said:

Nef Anyo is also void corrupted. His head dress looks like neural sentry  piece.

Remember his sortie voiceline?

1 minute ago, kgabor said:

Fomorians are still better than anything Corpus have, meanwhile Razorbacks are very limited, even in an arms race they win with just their ferrite armor, Corpus military structure isn't built for conventional warfare (you might notice their units are usually using low maintenance single target weapons for self defense with very few units having actual combat utility as stated in the Codex, like Nullifiers, Bursa etc.), nor do they have an interest in having a proper army, prolonging the war and selling subpar weaponry is simply more profitable.

That is true. Corpus army is more just a security army, then proper military army and I ma sure they would be put together some even more aggressive proxies.

And which sortie voice line? That void has chosen him to be it's prophet?

1 hour ago, Whiskered said:

Recently I feel that Corpus are much more significant and powerful threat in Origin System than Grinners are.

If you're talking about threat, the important thing to keep in mind is that while the Grineer want to take over the Origin System and exterminate all non-Grineer, the Corpus aren't like that. They are a megacorporation. They want profit. Ruling over planets of people doesn't make profit so much as it drains resources. They need just enough strength to stay in the game and protect their interests, but they're not gonna take over planets for no reason like the Grineer. So the Grineer are generally still more of a threat.

No recent breakthroughs in any genetic or technocyte manipulation technologies.

Tyl Regor had some breakthroughs in genetic improvement in his sealabs, but Tenno interference keeps this from fully realising its potential. While Dr Tengus is likely still working on the Infestation, I think it's pretty clear that no one – not the Orokin, not Alad V, and not Tengus – can get the Technocyte to do what they want. I wouldn't expect to see developments there.

Currently as it is in lore, it feels like Nef Anyo will take over corpus, executive board. His troops and designs feel more radical, brutal and fanatical... I'd like to see that happen actually..and maybe have a further split in corpus. Some other directors trying to run away, some more splinter factions of Corpus?

We've been seeing a lot of Nef Anyo recently, but he's not the only player on the Board. Frohd Bek is still Chairman, as far as we know, and he continues to have irons in the fire (as evidenced by his Ambulas / Animo project, which was stopped by the Tenno). We have yet to see how he compares to Nef Anyo, or see any other players. I'm not sure about Alad V because I think his official role in the Corpus ended a long time ago, but he's definitely still around. With the Gas City rework, there's talk of lots of new lore concerning him, so he may make a comeback to the Board.

44 minutes ago, kgabor said:

41 minutes ago, Whiskered said:

That void has chosen him to be it's prophet?

Corpus religion centres on profit and the Void, which are both conflated with each other. Alad V, back when he was still a part of the Corpus, had some ritualistic lines regarding the Void. The fact that Nef spouts off about it doesn't mean he has any actual connection to it. It's just mysticism.

1 hour ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

If the Corpus are going the sentient-hybrid weapon route, then the Grineer need to go the orokin-hybrid weapon route.

54 minutes ago, Whiskered said:

Corpus got kinda both covered. Oxium is Orokin material, they have fusion moas.  Still nothing would stop grinners using some more orokin and sentient tech, if they would stop failing at everything.

The Corpus are intelligent and dedicated to rediscovering Orokin technology (as they revere the Orokin as their predecessors), but the Grineer also have a claim to Orokin tech. Remember, the Queens are Orokin themselves, and are probably the only living beings in the Origin System who can still operate Orokin gene-locks, aside from Ballas. Vor used his Janus key and his Orokin-Grineer hybrid pistol Seer even before he was corrupted by the Void, and the Kuva guardians use the Twin Rogga, which have Orokin technology in their firing mechanisms. Not to mention how the kuva itself is Orokin in nature.

Here's hoping Grineer get an update soon, and they start getting equipped with updated weaponry like the Argonak, instead of the outdated Hinds. (maybe an upgraded grakata too)

Same goes with thier armor and general design, I've been noticing that recent grineer weapons that are released are starting to look like they are not cobbled together, so I hope it starts to apply with the rest of thier faction.

Spoiler

6oXeANm.png

now transitioning to

latest?cb=20171015014021

I think we should stop sabotaging thier asteroid mining platforms, maybe they'll actually discover something useful.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

Frohd Bek's fate is uncertain until further confirmation. Still I believe he will come back eventually.

And yes there are other board members..but they have never done anything we know off. We don't even know their names, agenda or anything.

Yes, Griineres have some bits of orokin tech in few of their designs, but it's few and rare. Mostly used by elite soldiers.  While corpus fully field fusion proxies, and use some weaposn based on orokin tech in general.

And tehcnocyte include everything organic in warframe, not only infested. All thees massive, mushrooms in Orb Valis, flesh from Living Towers, even the kubrows, so by extension, darhks.

As I understand it, politically speaking Grineer are "de jure" in charge of the Origin System. They hold all the main shipping lanes and rails and police the system, at least the inner system. So the Grineer are the closest we have to an overall "government". I believe it was stated that "Grineer" is more like a nationality. As the Steel Meridian defectors, though clones, are not "Grineer". Which means there could be non-clone "Grineer". But we don't see them because they are likely held at low, menial, non-combat positions. 

The thing with the Grineer is that they seem to be juggling way too many things. Or we are forcing them to do so. They can't bring the full brunt of their power down on Cetus because then they'd have to redirect resources from other things, like keeping the Corpus from growing too much in the outer system and the Tenno and other factions from breaking their fragile hold on colonies. It also seems like the Grineer is more akin to a feudal, semi-autocratic system, with mentions of "nobility" and multiple parts of the game showing the Grineer leadership being at odds or in constant conflict over prestige and position. Basically it's a bureaucratic mess of egos. 

Corpus is in many ways similar. The higher stationed individuals are in constant economic competition. Nef Anyo himself is looking for investors, so people to keep him rich. Same was with Frohd. The Animo project was all funded by investors. Meaning the Corpus is not unified. Why we don't see those upgraded units elsewhere is because they are likely so damn expensive that no other Corpus director can afford them and seeing Nef be desperate for Investors for his Venus project likely means the entire thing is eating up his bottom line. 

Grineer have balor fomorians capable of obliterating a capital ship in one hit. Not even the profit taker could survive that when we take into account that it relies on *spoiler* to keep shields overcharged. Grineer value individuality even less than corpus since they have forced obedience in their own dna and are loyal to the queens in a fanatical sorta religious way and are not above creating mindless bio weapons such as ghouls to simply destroy everything.

The following is mere speculation but it does offer a point to take into consideration. During operation cancer..eh..plague star we know that the grineer have a toxin that can harm the infestation (at least the strain that is invading the plains). I would not be surprised if they would simply infest their own ghouls and let em loose against something achieving mass scale destruction with self sustaining army since the infestation will also spread to fallen enemies only to clean everything later with the toxin. It's the grineer, we know they can . Again, this is just a possible scenario based on what we have seen so far

I resent the Grineer but I feel like the Ghouls were a step in the right direction in making them both:

1. More of a Threat

The Ghouls are 10x more dangerous than regular Grineer. I want more of them.

2. Unique

The Grineer clone army thing is cool...but they need a true identity. The Ghouls really had flavor to them. I feel like Grineer need to "mess up" their genome and become a Tactical Army of Space Ghouls.

Not mindless Ghouls though. I'm talking...tactical, militant Ghouls who are now frightening, modified with both cybernetics & biological augments, and with them being Ghouls...capable of taking more punishment/harder to kill.

3. A True Scourge

I feel the Kuva aspect of Grineer is underplayed. The Grineer know of Kuva, and I feel they should use it more.

They should use Kuva to both battle, defend, corrupt, & drain.

Grineer Ghouls that have Kuva infused weapons, & through Kuva experimentation can now use magic/paranormal powers.

They can use Kuva to forcefully RIP Operators out of their Warframes (Grineer know what The Tenno are afterall.), they can draw Kuva from fallen Grineer to empower themselves. Etc.

Grineer seem to be about Science/Chemicals while Corpus are Tech.

The Grineer should really splurge on that.

I got quite inverse reaction to ghouls. They seem lame, mostly. While nice addition to game-play of the Plains..I am not sold on their lore and battle potential. Yes thees could be great terror troops if dropped in drop pods right into enemy positions...still nothing beats some nice tanks, some heavy vehicles.