Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waframe, DE and the problem with rewards.

Anthraxicus

1 minute ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Oh, games providing a long term goal is more than fine. I'm just saying that an ad should show you what you're actually getting into, not the content that comes at the end of the game. Although showing both would work, it's just that endgame alone isn't going to bring in as many players as new content that they actually can play in a quick timeframe would.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Then again, that means we good, cause DE is gonna make that early game experience overhaul Soontm-ish.

11 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Oh, games providing a long term goal is more than fine. I'm just saying that an ad should show you what you're actually getting into, not the content that comes at the end of the game. Although showing both would work, it's just that endgame alone isn't going to bring in as many players as new content that they actually can play in a quick timeframe would.

generally when new content arrives tho. the thing that is being advertised is the new content. for example i dont think when railjack comes that it would make sense to include POE in that ad. 

i mean should they then advertise everything ? an ad can only do so much.

i also dont think because they are doing an ad for some content, that is has to be instantly accessible either unless its an event (something like plague star)

of course drawing in new players is always a good thing. 

when games advertise its usually an event thing that is accessible to pretty much everyone. warframe doesn't really have that per say ( we need events so bad my gosh >.>)

Edited by Makunogo

3 hours ago, Makunogo said:

where is the evidence you speaking of? 

also if you read my post in the manner you responding then you obviously read it wrong..

no where did i imply leveling was slow back then. i said there is faster means now.

if they are leaving because they have to use what the game offers i have 0 sympathy for them, thats laziness at its finest.

"oh my gosh DE wants me to use the weapons they are making in order to rank up my mastery which is based on using the gear they offer us. I Quit" 

this is almost getting comical.

the problem is only as big as they make it. even a small issue can be a huge pain in the neck if you have tunnel vision and focus on it.

The customer is always right. I can't agree with your elitism

Heck, last night on Steam I had a conversation with an X Bone player who is far enough into the game to trade rivens, and he wants to switch to PC, but the grind turned him off that too

Anecdotal evidence is still evidence

I'm done talking to you on this one, I am probably going to mute this thread because it's just people shouting past one another

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

That is something I agree on. Definitely.

In my opinion more content should NOT mean more power, not anymore anyway.

What I would want is more ways to achieve similar goals e.g. Instead of arcanes being available only from eidolons, vreate another place where you can obtain those rewards, letting people choose where to grind.

What do you think about that idea?

I agree, although this has it's own problems, but yeah.

If I'm completely honest I want the game completely rebuilt from the ground up with this sort of thing in mind.

Right now it's just tacked on mechanic after tacked on mechanic, with no care given to balance or gameplay.

9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The customer is always right. I can't agree with your elitism

Heck, last night on Steam I had a conversation with an X Bone player who is far enough into the game to trade rivens, and he wants to switch to PC, but the grind turned him off that too

Anecdotal evidence is still evidence

I'm done talking to you on this one, I am probably going to mute this thread because it's just people shouting past one another

this logic applies to every game.. nobody wants to start from scratch - unless its part of the game - 

Mr 8 is hardly "far into the game" lol - and thats a recent Mr restriction

the customer always right? ..what  nonsense.🤣

Edited by Makunogo

4 hours ago, Makunogo said:

this logic applies to every game.. nobody wants to start from scratch - unless its part of the game - 

Mr 8 is hardly "far into the game" lol - and thats a recent Mr restriction

the customer always right? ..what  nonsense.🤣

I apologize for my tone this morning but my conclusion hasn't changed. I mean what killed Loot Wars: Buggyfront 2? What killed Destiny 2? Excessive grind on a boring game. Warframe has the advantage of a GOOD game, but if the customer says it is too grindy, only very rarely is the customer wrong

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

I apologize for my tone this morning but my conclusion hasn't changed. I mean what killed Loot Wars: Buggyfront 2? What killed Destiny 2? Excessive grind on a boring game. Warframe has the advantage of a GOOD game, but if the customer says it is too grindy, only very rarely is the customer wrong

Technically, Density 2 was killed by excessive monetisation and a string of controversies that you could almost set your clock by.