Is Mag "Sucks" a meme?

Dragonfarce

26 minutes ago, Dragonfarce said:

I hope so.

I don't know how any reasonable human with proper brain function could think this Warframe is bad.

Well, apparently you didn't play the original Mag. Grineer, OMG!!!!!!

She was only good to play with Corpus then. Nobody wanted her outside Void runs (when it was the "end-game' content. Only because she could strip all the shields with one button).

But when DE released the next phase of "end-game" content they reworked her entire kit (after 2 years mind you), because it "trivalized" the new content.

I left the game, BECAUSE all the plat AND time put into the gear to be that Corpus Killer (I had it all, Arcane helmet/syndicate mods/maxed out mods), only to be reworked to a hybrid frame.

Not doing that again. Can stick that concept of the "correctly modded" frame goodbye forever, as the game changes too much for that investment.

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, schilds said:

The first thing one learns upon joining the Mag appreciation society is to encourage the Mag sucks meme so that DE won't figure out how good she is and nerf her. It's working too, last rework she got a buff!

Amazing how reverse psychology works.  😄  

29 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

I miss her bubble thing throwing projectile weapons around..  Not sure why it still works on select weapons...

I made this the focal point of a recent solo Mag build using a Gas Daikyu.  Let's just say it is extremely effective.  :clem:

3 hours ago, Dragonfarce said:

I don't know how any reasonable human with proper brain function could think this Warframe is bad.

the problem with mag is, she has ONLY her bubble working for her. It's the only solid (even a bit overkill) endgame ability. It works on how projectiles behave in the bubble.

Her pull is pretty fine for low level content, but beyond that it's "use it if you want to die"

Her polarize and magnetic fart are both a joke-level of abilities.

So.. Yeah,  she's pretty much 1-ability warframe. Not too rosy.

Edited by deothor
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, deothor said:

Are you serious? An massive AoE ability that

- Strips Armors

- Strips Shields

- Leaves fragments from enemies to increase the damage of enemies trapped in your bubble.

- With augment also jams enemy guns and shuts down Robotics, like Mesa BUT on a wider and more powerful scale.

- AND restores allies shields.

Is a joke level ability?

If you're using only bubble on mag, you're playing mag wrong.

Edited by Dragonfarce
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dragonfarce said:

Are you serious? An ability that

- Strips Armors

- Strips Shields

- Shuts down Robotics

- With augment also jams enemy guns, like Mesa BUT on a wider and more powerful scale.

Is a joke level ability? Me and you might be playing a different mag.

Oh right, it's full-utility ability. My bad. I got used to old days when it did damage.

Armor strip can easily mess up your teams damage, as they'd lose corrosive bonus on armor.

Maybe not a joke ability then

48 minutes ago, deothor said:

the problem with mag is, she has ONLY her bubble working for her. It's the only solid (even a bit overkill) endgame ability. It works on how projectiles behave in the bubble.

Her pull is pretty fine for low level content, but beyond that it's "use it if you want to die"

So.. Yeah,  she's pretty much 1-ability warframe. Not too rosy.

There is so much wrong in this IMO.  Everytime I play Mag Prime I use every one of her abilities fairly equally.  All against high lvl enemies and they work fantastically well.  This includes Pull, Crush, and Polarize.  With Augmented Polarize being the most used against all factions except Infested.  If you use her for just one ability, then yes she would suck.