Best frame

futurerick

Most would not recommend buying any frames, since they can all be farmed from set places (exception is Prime sets, even then you can only buy the blueprints for each part and still have to build it yourself), and to find the "best" is to try them all out and see which you like the most.
Some like Frost, others Mesa, others still Saryn - there are even people who like Limbo (somehow), or even Khora. It depends what you want in your kit. Some Frames are better at a certain job than others, but most everything can be done by every Frame.

2 minutes ago, Voluundr said:

Most would not recommend buying any frames, since they can all be farmed from set places (exception is Prime sets, even then you can only buy the blueprints for each part and still have to build it yourself), and to find the "best" is to try them all out and see which you like the most.
Some like Frost, others Mesa, others still Saryn - there are even people who like Limbo (somehow), or even Khora. It depends what you want in your kit. Some Frames are better at a certain job than others, but most everything can be done by every Frame.

Limbo is the goat.

2 minutes ago, futurerick said:

Only a good frame for the missions of the solar system

Uh....what playstyle?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, futurerick said:

All of them will do that just fine.

I would suggest avoiding Harrow, Rhino, and Limbo and all female frames for various reasons though.

Harrow, generally, has a higher skill requirement.

Rhino lets players ignore game mechanics early which is uncomfortable for new players later on.

Limbo has a slightly higher skill requirement but lets players completely bypass game mechanics. 

Almost all of the female frames are god tier...The ones that aren't simply aren't god tier yet. This skews expectations long term.

Frames to get through the Starchart no-sweat are Rhino and Oberon, but don't buy them since they're really easy to craft for free.

If you're looking to spend Plat on a frame you can play casually, I recommend Equinox. She's harder to farm so the Plat isn't as frivolous, and she covers all the bases. Night mode for sustain, stealth and support; Day mode for damage, having a laugh of low-level missions, and more support. And you can swap between the two at the touch of a button.

20 minutes ago, futurerick said:

What the best frame for a casual player to buy?

If you are playing solo: Loki, hands down.

Can just bypass the trash mobs and get the stuff down, and exit. Build it for duration, and you'll have 30 secs of cloaking that just costs 25 energy per click.

Loki becomes very useful in high level survival missions, to get the air canisters that's scattered all over the map, too.

Gara is God tier and she can literally walk through the solar system. The catch is that you need to know a lot about game mechanics and have some good mods for her to be useful. And the way her kit synergies with her ablities means that you need to learn a lot more about her powers than the in game description.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

...Well.

> Rhino.

> Harrow

> Saryn

> Gara

> Rev

> Garuda.

> Inaros

> Nidus

Depending on how new you are...  Inaros will die allot without proper mods or knowledge.. No regenrative shields and not realizing healing benefits of your blinded enemies. 

He will down allot and has no defensive benefits of shields, but also doesn't get negative impact effect... 

If he were a starter frame..  I bet there would be permanent rage quitting. 

As OP as he is once just a little bit of stuff is acquired and placed on him. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

1 hour ago, futurerick said:

What the best frame for a casual player to buy?

1 hour ago, futurerick said:

I recommend Ivara. Why, because she's great for all starchart content as well as being an exceptionally powerful solo frame to boot.  She's also somewhat annoying to farm especially for a newer player who is more casual.  Others mostly agree that if you are going to buy any frame, then Ivara is one to buy because of the RNG of her farm. 

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Almost all of the female frames are god tier...The ones that aren't simply aren't god tier yet. This skews expectations long term.

I kinda have to agree with this one here.  It's also happens to be a major reason I recommend buying Ivara over Loki.    hehe. 

One thing to understand about a lot of people here, is if it doesn't one shot entire maps or is able to go through walls or practically kill everything by existing, its considered a "Trash Frame."

Personally id recommend Banshee. She is a very fun and criminally underrated frame, her passive is much more useful than one would think at first. Having all your guns and weapons silenced allows you to clear entire missions without alerting enemies.

Her Sonar allows you to expose crits and hit for some of the highest damage numbers I have seen in the game when you hit them, especially paired with a good sniper like The Rubico Prime.

Lots of people call her trash because her 4 doesn't wipe out high level enemies as effective, and shes pretty squishy, but with proper use of her 3 silence and learning Trasnference and Parkour, you'll never be dying on Banshee unless you're just not great at her.

Many people are just gonna suggest whatever is killing everything with their 4 at the moment. But I say don't overlook the CC frames. You can learn the game and how it works better with those than you will DPS frames, especially if you're a new player.

Edited by Dragonfarce
  • Like 2

I think the question in the original post is partially wrong in itself: to me part of the appeal of Warframe is the fact that most of the mission is played in the arsenal. Every frame is outstanding in some mission types and lacking in others, and choosing the right one for the mission at hand is a good chunk of the strategy and the fun. If you want a good all-rounder to take you through most of your early game, any of the starters will suit you, personally I did most of my early game with Excalibur and it went great. Farming the frames as you progress, making builds for them and picking them for specific missions is play time. If you want to buy a frame, I'd suggest you go through a few planets, find out what kind of mission you struggle most with and buy one that is strong for them. To me it was spy and I would've bought Ivara (though I ended up farming her instead). For you it might be spy too or defense, or interception or whatever. There's not one frame to rule them all, and that's good. 

37 minutes ago, Dragonfarce said:

Many people are just gonna suggest whatever is killing everything with their 4 at the moment. But I say don't overlook the CC frames. You can learn the game and how it works better with those than you will DPS frames, especially if you're a new player.

I agree to a point. For a new player looking to BUY a frame, not farm it, whatever frame they get it's best that it's a worthwhile investment at "end-game". It'll really smart they buy a frame that isn't like how they play, and players snarf they brought the wrong frame (or cant get into groups because they don't bring a buff -- i.e., like a "battery" for the oh-so-popular frames that require one to play "well" at "end-game").

People recommending tank frames, some require a "battery" to fuel them to #4 through missions, too.

Why I recommend frames that truly are independent, like Loki, so they can explore and learn not only a frame, the maps and the game itself, with the luxury of not being a moving meat target everywhere they go, too!