Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Frame

(PSN)Qanzuko

Question

17 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

- lower potential eHP than proper tanks, more susceptible to one shot kills (for reference most tanks have at the very least twice as much eHP as inaros) 

- lower mitigation than most (he's basically just an HP tank and not an eHP tank) 

- exclusively armour based mitigation (puncture damage destroys him and so do bleed procs) 

Inaros is best at keeping you alive while afk at mid to low levels. As the mission progresses, you rely on his CC and the finisher i-frames to survive, otherwise you die.

EDIT: also don't frames have ferrite armour? I forgot 2hich type they use. 

"lower ehp" .... sure , 400k ehp ... (and against heavy gunners ... puncture ) . Show me how that is "oneshoted" in any posible scenary (tip , its not posible ).

Limbo.  

I have multiple builds for him but, the one I mostly use for endgame is 200%+ duration, 130% efficiency, 85%ish range, 100% strength. 

I don't use any survival mods, mainly because most the time I'm in the rift anyways. Which means you can't be killed really. 

I tend to use darker energy as well to not blind team members with cataclysm.

If you build it properly, any tank should do it. I use a full tank build on Excalibur Umbra with Life Strike on the Exalted Sword and I can assure you he's almost immortal. He is in danger only when the place gets filled with Eximus Leeches and you can't get enough energy to actually use your 4 and channel. Inaros can also do the trick, build him full tank and add a lot of efficiency so you can consume enemies even with low energy. Wukong, Nidus or Valkyr will also work.

Il y a 18 heures, Yagamilight123 a dit :

"lower ehp" .... sure , 400k ehp ... (and against heavy gunners ... puncture ) . Show me how that is "oneshoted" in any posible scenary (tip , its not posible ).

Heavy gunners do impact... And you're counting adaptation as 90% flat dr for eHP calculation, but that is literally impossible to achieve consistently. 

And since every frame can equip that mod, you can say that inaros still has bad eHP. Sub 40k before adaptation is the bottom of the tank scale. 

If you think nothing can one shot a measly "400k" ehp frame i don't know what to tell you. Ye maybe negative damage enemies at lv 155 do little damage, wow, shocking. Positive damage ones tho? Nightmare ones? Ever tried running a nightmare mot, where lv 60 nullifiers hit for 12k odd damage? Imagine that at lv 200, or 300. 

I'm not saying it's easy to oneshot an inaros. I'm saying it's easier than all other tanks. Adaptation, like ancient healer specters, do not change the scale of reference. They both multiply base values. If anything the fact Inaros is an armour tank is a detriment since the Guardian changes, which basically made every DR frame into an untouchable warmachine with 5x their former eHP. 

Wanna see something fun? Here are my setups for several tank frames, all run adaptation but i won't add another 0 to all of them for ease. 

• Inaros 39k
  • Gara 51k
  • Chroma 57k
  • Nekros 74k
  • Nezha 87k
  • Nidus 95k
  • Nova 110k (I'm not joking) 
  • Equinox 112k (unless nullifiers) 
  • Mesa 120k
  • Trinity 190-220k (depending on faction) 

Turns out, inaros is the easiest to one shot. Weird right? 

Also, remember two crucial things:

- armour tanks suffer incredibly from positive damage modifiers, while DR/armour hybrids suffer far less

- slash procs ignore both armour and adaptation, but they do NOT ignore other sources of DR like shatter shield and the like

I'm not saying inaros is a bad frame, or a bad tank. He's just not the facetank type at the levels where enemy damage starts to be relevant. He has excellent CC and sustain and easy access to invulnerability frames, and that's what keeps him up. Not his eHP. 

The one thing Inaros does best is be an ability-less tank, but then again if you have such sore energy issues or don't want to cast what are we even comparing exactly? I mean, yeah inaros is the best baseline when you don't want to play the frame... Not sure how that is so good but it's definitely a feat. 

Tho it's true that it's much harder to #*!% up as inaros because you don't need to moderately care about the 2 enemy factions that have nullifiers. 

Edited by Autongnosis

On 2018-12-23 at 9:11 PM, -AxHx-Vile said:

I think what you want is Inaros + health mods + maxed Adaptation + 2x Maxed Arcane Grace...this will cost you quite some plat though.

cc8951527164f5f0bd02de111db524b0.gif

These Bombards are lvl 100. I came back 40 minutes later and nothing had changed.

Oh btw...any frame can handle lvl 120 enemies...some just need to be more careful than others...and multiple frames can be built as "tanks". Just need to know what you're doing...which is different for each frame...

One important mod for a Immortal Inaros build (and one that you can get fairly early in the game if you work for the right Syndicates) IMO is the augment for his 4, Scarab Armor. It works even for Ancient Disruptor hits!

On 2018-12-25 at 8:27 AM, Autongnosis said:

He's just not the facetank type at the levels where enemy damage starts to be relevant.

I assume that percentage of players that sits for hours in endless missions is pretty low, for other content (kuva floods, sorties, arbitrations) damage of the enemies is not relevant.

- slash procs ignore both armour and adaptation, but they do NOT ignore other sources of DR like shatter shield and the like

Negation swarm is a pretty nice augment, makes procs irrelevant.

I mean, yeah inaros is the best baseline when you don't want to play the frame... Not sure how that is so good but it's definitely a feat. 

For me it is good because I simply like to use weapons more than abilities, sure, there are some fun abilities, but most of them are boring. He may be worse tank than other frames at higher levels, but I don't care, for the content that I play he is more convenient. If DE will release some higher lvl or faster scaling missions, then there will be a reason to use something else. Though of course you can use different frames just for fun, so in that sense it is great that there are so many viable tanks in the game. 

• Like 1

Mesa With her 2nd and 3rd , adaptation ,arcane aegis and grace, is pretty much god + you can use her 4 which is also a useful ability,

There is also nidus (but only when you use his link) +, 4th and arcane guardians and adaptation .

you can also do wokung duration with arcane grace and arcane guardian and rage. and he will keep gaining health and energy and going completly imortal. but he will die when enemies can one shot him after a couple immortality cycles so arcane grace wouldn't take effect, because he don't have dmg reduction .

if you want you can do a squad of

Chroma / oberon for alot of armor  and base hp buff

Gara casting DR on allies.

Trinity for her 4th

Nidus For his Huge energy regen 4th

its also good that all of these can pretty much survive alone. so even if gara / trin forgot to cast y still shall be fine.

but gara wont be enjoying his game tho xD

On 2018-12-24 at 1:22 AM, (PS4)Surazaku said:

Is there any frame in the game that is unkillable even in high level end game missions and long farming/stress tests where enemies can are in the level 120 range?

i use inaros, which i consider immortal with the proper modding

HP: 8.6 k and can reach 9k if you use physique.

Armor 675 (it can reach 765)

and i use Rapid resilience.

I have been playing him since a month with the new setup i did and he never dies

On 2018-12-23 at 11:43 PM, Xzorn said:

unless an Ancient Disruptor hooks you for all your energy

The bane of my existence 😞

also do they even have to touch you ? I lose Energy If theres a disruptor in the next room. 

On 2018-12-23 at 11:43 PM, Xzorn said:

The closes frames to legit un-killable would probably be Octavia and Ivara. 

That explains why they were a pain in the neck to Farm. 

On 2018-12-24 at 10:53 AM, Autongnosis said:

exclusively armour based mitigation (puncture damage destroys him and so do bleed procs) 

I can confirm this thanks to yesterday's Sortie.... Getting hit by Puncture and any DoT Proc (except heat) WILL Kill Inaros... that plus he loses his armor if falls and respawns or uses an archwing launch.... Stupid Mechanic.

BTW Arcane Ice is super useless... does heat kill anything In this game ? Its so bad. 😞

37 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The bane of my existence 😞

also do they even have to touch you ? I lose Energy If theres a disruptor in the next room. 

That explains why they were a pain in the neck to Farm. 

I can confirm this thanks to yesterday's Sortie.... Getting hit by Puncture and any DoT Proc (except heat) WILL Kill Inaros... that plus he loses his armor if falls and respawns or uses an archwing launch.... Stupid Mechanic.

BTW Arcane Ice is super useless... does heat kill anything In this game ? Its so bad. 😞

Oh no, not this thread again.

Not specifically you. This thread died a while ago and it was frustrating to read. Esp the video claiming 400k eHP Inaros by a player who doesn't know how Resistance works but yea Disruptors don't care about mitigation on their Energy Drain and it scales with level. They'll one-shot your energy eventually no matter how durable you are. The Energy Drain on-hit effect is an Aura which is shared by other Infested but the Disruptors themselves remain the biggest problem due to their endless hook attacks.

Yep, Puncture damage will eat an Armor based frame alive. You won't see an Inaros / Chroma video against high level Nullifiers because it's not pretty.

The Heat proc scales with an enemy's base damage so usually it doesn't hurt if what inflicted it doesn't hurt but frames like Mesa can get destroyed by it at higher levels. Same with Slash procs. For some reason even though mitigation works against ballistics if said ballistic causes a slash proc it does full damage. Wyrm is her best friend.

• Like 1