Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda needs a tad bit more survivability

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

I love Garuda but she suffers from a pretty big issue. Her shield completely negates damage from the front, which would be fine if enemies were always in front on you, but no. They flank you, spawn behind you, etc. so with Baruuk having a degree based damage negation ability I had a thought.

When Dread Mirror is active. Give Garuda 50% damage resistance from behind her. A full 180 degrees unaffected by mods. 

This would give her just a little bit more defense without making her super tanky.

Personally I think she's actually got a great skill set I do think her shield should be curved slightly around her (she's not really able to stay stationary like volt with his Shields) but I wouldn't give her a damage reduction aswell since you have mods like adaptation and arcanes to use, she would quite quickly become a go to frame for tanking.

As for Baruuk he can't attack when he is negating all incoming damage where as garuda can. Modded correctly she can sustain quite alot of damage while at the same time receive incoming heals, increase her damage potential and energy also causing bleed procs on multiple targets so it may be your playstyle with her that might need changing. 

Problems I've found with her though are eximus units still giving buffs to enemies when impaled and her talons not giving the extra stat bonuses from set mods, if those issues where fixed she quite easily become my main warframe 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)HitmanGill said:

Problems I've found with her though are eximus units still giving buffs to enemies when impaled and her talons not giving the extra stat bonuses from set mods

Ancient Healers can interupt her 2nd ability and LifeOfRio talked about that in one of his Videos and to Rebeeca but not really important and they can give the enemies his Aura buff while impaled too so that’s two of her issues too.

Edited by GPrime96

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:

Ancient Healers can interupt her 2nd ability and LifeOfRio talked about that in one of his Videos and to Rebeeca but not really important and they can give the enemies his Aura buff while impaled too so that’s two of her issues too.

There are a few issues concerning her abilities like this but I personally think she's great, she just needs a bit of tweaking instead of a rework like people are calling for.

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:

1 hour ago, (XB1)HitmanGill said:

Personally I think she's actually got a great skill set I do think her shield should be curved slightly around her (she's not really able to stay stationary like volt with his Shields) but I wouldn't give her a damage reduction aswell since you have mods like adaptation and arcanes to use, she would quite quickly become a go to frame for tanking.

As for Baruuk he can't attack when he is negating all incoming damage where as garuda can. Modded correctly she can sustain quite alot of damage while at the same time receive incoming heals, increase her damage potential and energy also causing bleed procs on multiple targets so it may be your playstyle with her that might need changing. 

Problems I've found with her though are eximus units still giving buffs to enemies when impaled and her talons not giving the extra stat bonuses from set mods, if those issues where fixed she quite easily become my main warframe 

Why do you think I only said 50% damage resist from damage dealt to her back.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Why do you think I only said 50% damage resist from damage dealt to her back.

You not think a 50% damage reduction on top of the 90% you can get with running adaptation and +600 extra armour from one R3 arcane guardian on a frame that can reach upto 1000 armour and 1200 health and also can receive 40% health/sec for each impaled enemy is a bit overkill? 

I run 3 umbra mods, prime flow, primed continuity and 3 gladiator mods since I use her talons up close with one arcane guardian and I survive quite fine. If I start taking too much damage I back away and deal damage at distance with having the damage boost.

There are problems concerning her abilities and talons but as for survivability she works just fine when modded correctly and knowing when to be up close or keep you distance 

9 hours ago, (XB1)HitmanGill said:

You not think a 50% damage reduction on top of the 90% you can get with running adaptation and +600 extra armour from one R3 arcane guardian on a frame that can reach upto 1000 armour and 1200 health and also can receive 40% health/sec for each impaled enemy is a bit overkill? 

I run 3 umbra mods, prime flow, primed continuity and 3 gladiator mods since I use her talons up close with one arcane guardian and I survive quite fine. If I start taking too much damage I back away and deal damage at distance with having the damage boost.

There are problems concerning her abilities and talons but as for survivability she works just fine when modded correctly and knowing when to be up close or keep you distance 

I don’t run adaption.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I don’t run adaption.

Neither do I but I've tested it and I'm still testing, simply suggesting a buff without trying other ideas will just result in a nerf when she becomes unkillable because another player would run adaptation on her with your buff. I suggested curving the blood mirror around her slightly, it will improve damage mitigation over a wider angle range which would help in close quarters against groups but she'll still take damage from the far sides and from behind 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)HitmanGill said:

Neither do I but I've tested it and I'm still testing, simply suggesting a buff without trying other ideas will just result in a nerf when she becomes unkillable because another player would run adaptation on her with your buff. I suggested curving the blood mirror around her slightly, it will improve damage mitigation over a wider angle range which would help in close quarters against groups but she'll still take damage from the far sides and from behind 

I mean I would use adaption more, but I haven’t gotten it yet because nobody every want to go past rotation B of arbitration’s.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean I would use adaption more, but I haven’t gotten it yet because nobody every want to go past rotation B of arbitration’s.

Adaptation can drop in all of the Rotations (Got mine at Rotation A) but the highest chance of it dropping is at C i think.

Tbh from the several stress tests i run in mot and in kuva fortress her survivability was never really an issue even at quite high levels. Between the staggers on her 1st, 2nd and 4th, the constant hp regen and the shield i wasn't under much pressure at any given time. 

She does inordinately benefit from back hugging the walls and kiting tho, which is a bit weird. 

Tbh i don't really think 50% DR from the shield would do much good. I mean, you're not supposed to get hit through that, of you turn your ass to the enemy 50% DR is still not gonna cut it. If anything my gripe is how

1) her 3rd skill scales only on efficiency. 

2) her 3rd skill does nothing past energy generation. 

3) her dread heart throw removes the shield even if the duration isn't up yet. 

Which is a bit of a bummer, partocularly the 1st one since it prevents you from ever using blind rage if you want to actually gain energy. 

And the 3rd spot is more of a nitpick since at some point you will have to rely on that to keep up your KPS but every millisecond you spend without the shield is deadly. Ypu can mitigate that by using cover and relying on the no LoS on the explosion and on her 4th targeting, but it's still annoying to have to flee from the enemies to kill them. 

Edited by Autongnosis

2 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

1) her 3rd skill scales only on efficiency

2) her 3rd skill does nothing past energy generation

The efficiency side sucks but tbh I haven't found I've needed energy efficiency with her 2nd and 3rd working quite well together 

Her 3rd helps her passive but then the 2nd ability cancels it out? 🤔

On 2018-12-27 at 12:49 PM, Autongnosis said:

3) her dread heart throw removes the shield even if the duration isn't up yet. 

This is one of the Reasons why i'm using Rolling Guard in her instead of Adaptation. Especially when i'm using her in Mot Solo and i'm playing that Mission or 60 - 71 Mins (though the 71 Min run was a messy run because Carrier Prime had to revive me a few times with Sacrifice and ran out of Revives.) or when i'm fighting lvl 190 - 200+ Infested. All of those Runs was without Quick Thinking btw but Rolling Guard seems to help me survive with Garuda more than Adaptation. In the lower Levels though, Adaptation would be better.

Edited by GPrime96

8 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

This is one of the Reasons why i'm using Rolling Guard in her instead of Adaptation. Especially when i'm using her in Mot Solo and i'm playing that Mission or 60 - 72 Mins (though the 72 Min run was a messy run because Carrier Prime had to revive me a few times with Sacrifice and ran out of Revives.) or when i'm fighting lvl 190 - 200+ Infested. All of those Runs was without Quick Thinking btw but Rolling Guard seems to help me survive with Garuda more than Adaptation. In the lower Levels though, Adaptation would be better

Thanks haven't tested rolling guard yet, I use either djinn because of sacrifice and the simarus augment for unlimited respawns or the Smeetah kavat for charm or hunter mods, a relentless combination build with naramon school shreds with kavat crit 

il y a 7 minutes, GPrime96 a dit :

This is one of the Reasons why i'm using Rolling Guard in her instead of Adaptation. 

I actually run a piddling eHP setup with just umbral vitality. Rolling guard is interesting as an idea, but her build is so tight i had to drop something. Which is a shame.