Frame Lovers -- HELP!!!

Kevyne_Kicklighter

Question

Have 5 new frames ...

• Hydroid Prime
  • Mirage Prime
  • Saryn Prime
  • Inaros
  • Octavia (DE, we should qualify for a free MR rank for finishing that quest line, too!!!)

I looked at some of the builds, but the build site doesn't explain the builds, and terribly dislike "copy and paste" builds as they don't explain them.

So if you "main" any of these frames can you offer some tips on building them (and what weapons that fits them well) and why?

6 answers to this question

Just now, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:
  • Inaros

Mods: Health, armor & Adaptation.
Health because you have a lot of it at base and you need it to tank.
Armor because of damage reduction.
Adaptation mod because of even more damage reduction.
Don't need ability mods because you'll rare need 'em. Just 1 + melee to heal.
Hirudo works great with Inaros for easy heals if you like melee, otherwise use any weapon you like really.

6 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Mods: Health, armor & Adaptation.
Health because you have a lot of it at base and you need it to tank.
Armor because of damage reduction.
Adaptation mod because of even more damage reduction.
Don't need ability mods because you'll rare need 'em. Just 1 + melee to heal.
Hirudo works great with Inaros for easy heals if you like melee, otherwise use any weapon you like really.

Thank you a bunch!

Just got the Adaption mod yesterday! Yay!

Octavia relies mostly on range and duration. Health/shields should be something you add to all your frames to boost their survivability. If you build Octavia for mostly range and duration, you can toss a little into power strength (Intensify perhaps). Don't forget that she needs Flow or Primed Flow because you'll be spamming abilities. Streamline will help keep it going if you choose to forego adding the power strength. Adaptation will also help to keep her on her feet.

2 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Thank you a bunch!

Just got the Adaption mod yesterday! Yay!

Oh forgot to mention: A Kavat / Kubrow with Link Health is amazing with Inaros. It'll have somewhere between 10k and 15k health. No more message that your companion is down (usually).

39 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Have 5 new frames ...

• Hydroid Prime
  • Mirage Prime
  • Saryn Prime
  • Inaros
  • Octavia (DE, we should qualify for a free MR rank for finishing that quest line, too!!!)

I looked at some of the builds, but the build site doesn't explain the builds, and terribly dislike "copy and paste" builds as they don't explain them.

So if you "main" any of these frames can you offer some tips on building them (and what weapons that fits them well) and why?

I don't main any of those frames, but I do like that you're asking mains so you can get a better understanding of why something works.  

+1 to OP for asking the 'why' :)

I don't main those frames, especially Inaros and Hydroid, but usually I looked on wiki site to check what dura/range/str do to their respective skills (and the tips and tricks as well). Then check other's build to get a figure what to min/max to get general idea on the style and try it myself to decide what dura/range/str is enough along with other mods.

In general, I always put Vitality and Thief's Wit/Loot Detector (I like looting... =/), Adaptation if the frames too squishy (in my opinion), Streamline if the skill cost too much (75+) and need to cast alot, Hunter Adrenaline/Rage over Primed Flow if the frames cast a lot (rather not depends energy pad or Zen's void dash, Arcane Energize's cost is out of question, and energy orb on solo not exactly raining), skill augment mod, then dura/range/str mods. I don't use forma a lot on frames, unless really need to I only change the aura, exception is for Nova (need it for +dura mods), selection of mods (Umbral or common, dura/range/mods) depend on how many points left.

Mirage Prime

Enough dura to reach 50s for skill 1 and 3, minus on range more likely to get yourself killed from Bombard, the rest dumped on str.

Octavia

Dura and range balanced but with slight priority on dura. Mine has str on negative from Overextended. Damage output mainly from enemies shooting her Mallet, haven't really try to build her 3rd skill though.