Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am getting Carpal tunnel (Semi Auto weapons)

GehennaGate

2 minutes ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

Akjagara P at maximum fire rate is not significantly more effective or is even weaker than weapons with less execution difficulty e.g. Akvasto Prime.

Even then, there is no reason to make execution more difficult than what average players can handle, especially in a non-competitive game, when the solution (an auto trigger type option) would allow more players access to the particular outliers such as Akjagara Prime.

Or you could do some of the things that were suggested on the previous pages. Things like not adding more fire rate mods and/or using macros or rebinding the keys to make it easier to do. 

I myself used the Akjagara Prime and use the Akbolto Prime as my default secondary.  All while using a controller trigger to shoot. Each and every time I use those weapons I'm more concerned with getting a headshot crit than I am about shooting it faster.  Why, because the damage from one well placed headshot is going to be massively better than me just shooting 5-10 shots per second.  Yes with those very weapons that some are saying do low damage per shot.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

HUMAN performance is the STOP in personal responsibility.

If firing a weapon so fast that their hand hurts is THEIR responsibility for playing the wrong weapon for the job.

It's like complaining about an infestation run, and arriving with a bow, and yelling their hand hurts for having to fire so much............

I don't think it's -solely-  player responsibility--but, yeah, it's ultimately ours.   Yes, don't expect game companies to look after your health for you.    Maybe your mom.  Maybe.

But if  it isn't their responsibility, I think it's clearly in DE's interest to open up more of the game's options up for more people.  Especially when they can do so without reducing variety, or short-cutting progression, or affecting their income..

As long as it's an option--especially an option with a trade-off--it's actually increasing variety.  I can't think of any way it would significantly affect progression.  And it would probably have a small but positive effect on their income.

I really don't get the resistance to this.  Will people who love  fast click semi-auto weapons feel less special if a few more people use them too?  Will the game itself feel less special?

15 minutes ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

Edit: The overarching idea is to enable more players to use a fancy looking weapon without sacrificing their physical health nor the existing capabilities of the weapon, instead of excluding anyone who does not have a drummer background.

And there is nothing stopping them from doing that other than good old common sense.  If they are willing to let vanity decide how and what they use then they should be able to accept the consequences and shortcomings of that choice.  I'm speaking from direct experience on this one as I've made it no secret that I play, chose my frame, weapons, etc because of how they look and for style reasons.  I'm willing to accept the shortcoming of using the Daikyu as my weapon of choice without saying DE needs to make changes so I can keep shooting just by holding the button.  

Even if you have a medical condition that limits how you play, what's stopping you or anyone else from getting devices that will help alleviate that problem. Players already go and spend hundreds of dollars on gaming keyboards and gaming mice so they can game longer without adding more stress to their bodies.  So how is doing the same any different in this topic's case?  

14 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I really don't get the resistance to this.

My problem isn't the suggestion itself.  It's more that lack of willingness by some parties to take accountability for things they as a player can do for themselves instead of trying to place undue blame on something/somebody else.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

My problem isn't the suggestion itself.  It's more that lack of willingness by some parties to take accountability for things they as a player can do for themselves instead of trying to place undue blame on something/somebody else.

Hah, well you're gonna have a heap of problems with a heap of players then. 😛

But really, I think approaching the discussion in terms of what would be good for the game, or what the devs should / shouldn't spend time on   would be far more productive than framing it around "Whose fault is it that my pinkie hurts?"

9 hours ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

Allowing semi-auto guns to continuously fire at their semi-automatic rate/pattern while holding down the fire button would be a nice QoL change because the guns would still function as semi-automatic weapons in-game. The only real change would be benefit to players' health! 😄
I mean, such a function would be even more reasonable than the automatic reload feature that we have when a gun runs out of ammo in it's clip, because that isn't literally painful.

All this would do is would make the hold down method the meta for optimal damage output, ruining the feel of semi autos as how they are meant to be played as a result.

I had to wear a brace on one arm for a month because of this games button spam. There does need to be ingame options for some controls in many games but because of the sort of assumptions in this thread they are usually non-existent.

Fact is that macros or mouse wheel are not an answer. To be blunt, remember that is only a option on the PC and not even a option for everyone in every case there. There are PC players who use controllers for example.

On 2018-12-23 at 8:50 PM, ChaosSabre said:

Got no clue why high clip semi fire weapons even exist.

Because they give you the greatest control of fire rate and ammo out of any of any weapon archetype.  Akbolto for example, you can choose to fire it at 1RPS or 7RPS and anywhere in between based on how fast you want to mash the trigger.  You try doing that with a full auto (tap firing)... it will start firing at 7RPM by default and if you want single shots good luck to you because you can only press the button for 1/7 of a second before it will consider you as holding the button and start bursting multiple bullets.... fast fire rate semi auto = unparalleled control of every single bullet without always having to be slow as a snail.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

4 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

To be blunt, remember that is only a option on the PC and not even a option for everyone in every case there. There are PC players who use controllers for example.

We have Cronus Max on console (aka Macro USB stick).  It's not free like PC macros, but it's an option available to us.  I have one and use it from time to time but only really for testing and not serious gameplay.  I'm not saying it's a solution - just that we aren't actually without macros 😉 There are also Turbo controllers on the market that will achieve the same.

Imo there is a solution already; use full-auto weapons.  There are weapons of several different archetypes and I see no reason to homogenize everything into a full auto weapon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

You try doing that with a full auto (tap firing)... it will start firing at 7RPM by default and if you want single shots good luck to you because you can only press the button for 1/7 of a second before it will consider you as holding the button and start bursting multiple bullets....

This is actually a very good counter point.  

8 hours ago, kgabor said:

All this would do is would make the hold down method the meta for optimal damage output, ruining the feel of semi autos as how they are meant to be played as a result.

The OP suggested it come with a fire rate penalty.  Semi-auto would still be the optimal style for people who can manage it now.

Also, from a previous thread on the same general subject:

I'm just going to push the idea again that the problem would probably be best solved-through new and updated mods.  Make Critical Delay and its sister-mod stats stronger and better.  Add equivalent ranged + damage / - fire rate corrupted mods that are appropriate for non-crit weapons.  If it's possible, add  mods that convert semi-auto to auto.  In all cases, the mods should be balanced such that they mostly make up for the loss of a normal mod.

That way, people who like the current system get to keep it.  People who want more options get them.  And DE doesn't have to overhaul the entire ranged weapon system again.

Everybody would be happy.  Haha, who am I kidding.  Well, it would free us up to fight about other things, anyway.

If it's hard / expensive for DE to add things to the UI, doing it through the mod system might be the most expedient option too.  

Semi-auto weapons should indeed exist, and be distinct from full-auto weapons.

I would restate the problem as: Semi-autos should cut off at around 4-6 rounds per second. Any higher than that and the weapon should always have been implemented as an automatic from the start. 

This does not change the potential solutions, nor work-arounds, nor the fact that a work-around is not the same as a solution. 

3 hours ago, beol said:

Semi-auto weapons should indeed exist, and be distinct from full-auto weapons.

I would restate the problem as: Semi-autos should cut off at around 4-6 rounds per second. Any higher than that and the weapon should always have been implemented as an automatic from the start. 

This does not change the potential solutions, nor work-arounds, nor the fact that a work-around is not the same as a solution. 

A fair alternative could be a semi-auto burst. So even if a dual pistol has a rate of fire of 10, the player could enable burst mode that fires both pistols in rapid succession. So this alone would cut the necessary inputs in half while still retaining the semi-auto feel.

In the end this is strictly a poorly implemented game design mechanic, not one that needs to restrict player choice or be physically challenging. Having a single input fire both weapons is a necessary QoL feature, and honestly there is no reason why holding down the fire input shouldn't continue shooting them with a slight delay between shots. I mean the only difference in a video game between full auto, burst and semi auto is the number of rounds fired without a delay between each shot. Having to press an input is just a way to control that output.

I think most of the people play or played League of Legends here. imagine that even though losing would still lose you MR, you would never lose LP. So everybody would get that Challenger Board at the end of the season.

Now imagine a forum full of retards talking how their Ashe Jungle or Voli support is good, this is Warframe forum, a casual game, that is so hardly to fail in any mission.

I dunno why you guys even care about aiming in the head, I aim at their feet because it is more challenger, and they still die in oneshot. Even if the shot miss, they die from the shock. And you guys are trying to use this trash mobs that exist in 99% of the start chart, a content that most people are heavily over modded already, to justify that something like Akbolto was designed like a Burst or kill in oneshot weapon.

I dunno about Akjagara since it is a burst weapon, but its stats for MR 12 is too low, even if it is burst.

You guys talking about aiming, consuming ammo, been efficient, blah blah blah. Sorry but if you guys don't have brain speed to follow the hp decrease to release the trigger to don't overkill things with an auto, I hardly believe you guys are really efficient with semi. All I see is a retard with his mouth open counting '1', '2', not dead yet, '3', "dead, now I killed him" been the only option for you guys to really be efficient. And do you guys really think it is more easy to aim while pressing the button repeadly fast than just holding? Have you guys even played OSU! ?

And for the last time, most people aren't  asking to kill semis, that would be so bad.

It certainly is odd how some people don't seem to understand how semi auto weapons work, or how DE intended them to be used, and what DE balanced them around. 

The fact that DE allows people to use macros to shoot them quickly, and that their stats are balanced around being shot quickly is pretty well proof that DE sees an issue with how semi-auto weapons currently operate, or how they're currently balanced. And how there's currently no in-game benefit to not using these weapons incorrectly by shooting them slowly, but rather a health detriment to using them correctly.
As things stand, they're pretty well expecting people to use third party programs to fix an in-game issue. While it would save players hassle if they were to implement it directly into the game seeing as everyone and their dog uses a macro to shoot anyways.

It really doesn't make sense that people are against accessibility options solely because they don't want other players to be able to use weapons in their intended manner because of mechanical issues. To make the weapons reasonable or in-line with the balance of other weapons, they'd either need to implement the ability to fire these weapons in their semi-auto rates by holding the trigger; or significantly lower their fire rate and proportionately increase their damage. But the latter would result in all weapons being too similar.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

And they laughed on me...

This is really a S#&$ty poor mechanic, only reward macro users, i will not get tendinitis or use the mouse wheel because they do not assume that the system is bad.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter said:

And they laughed on me...

This is really a S#&$ty poor mechanic, only reward macro users, i will not get tendinitis or use the mouse wheel because they do not assume that the system is bad

Yeah apparently to use some weapons in this game you have to install a macro, buy a mouse for consoles or buy a turbo controller! Congratulations macro users you're the chosen ones above us lowly pesents because you "solved" an in game problem by buying a third party solution!

Sorry but the rest of us on Earth here find it incredible that we have to waste money to get to be special in being able to be bestowed with the ablities of using some weapons at the DPS that it is supposed to have!

I'm going to get an anurism from this thread!

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115
  • Like 1

I only want DE to make the firerate of semi auto weapons to have a firerate of I donno like something that's freaking humanly possible! 99% of all humans cannot press a trigger at 10 shots PER SECOND! ITS LITERALLY PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE! But yet some love to be special because they got their little macro making their guns unfairly automatic but you know they love them double standards and will defend them with every illogical, non sequitur, strawman they can grasp at!

• Like 1