Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have an idea to make gear or abilities that ragdoll enemies (baruuks fists) to be useful using collision damage

birdobash

With the release of Baruuk and his serene storm (or his paci-fists) and the knockback that comes with it, some people are kind of annoyed with the knockback because it pushes enemies away from the rest of the attacks.

So what if, we added collision damage on ragdolled enemies? Make it so the faster an enemy hits the environment, the more damage it does. Probably a percentage of its health since otherwise I don't think it would scale well at all.

This would make slam attacks actually do "some" damage on all melee weapons, it would help out Baruuks exalted fists which seem to be the least damaging exalted weapon so far, and it would also help buff some ragdolling weapons (like the sonicor).

I also just think it'd look cooler to smack an enemy into a wall at mach 3 and they actually get hurt, rather than get up like nothing happened.

To prevent glitched ragdolled enemies in floors and walls dealing insane damage, there should be only 2 instances where the enemy can take damage from collision, the walls, and the floor, each once.

Edited by birdobash

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Oberon and Mag have slam attacks.

Besides that, if there's open ground and no wall, that mechanic goes out the window.  I will say that Baruuk needs another look at his kit, especially due to his contradicting abilities and his Wukong tier 4th.

I stated that it damages off floors as well, it would go by how fast the enemy is moving at impact, not how strong the impact is (aka enemy moving 100kph and scrapes the floor would take the same amount of damage as an enemy moving 100kph and slams straight into a wall)

Actually now that I think about it, relying on impact speed for damage might be a bit random, so maybe just set a fixed percentage damage for ragdoll collisions for each thing in the game that can ragdoll enemies.

Edited by birdobash

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Would this apply outside of Baruuk? I've soul punched in Plains with Nekros.. I had to change my pants after witnessing a Grineer ricochet off of a mountain  in the far distance. 

😂😂😂😂yes it would apply outside baruuk. It might need tweaking with some of the ragdolls (like soul punch), But to be honest I think soul punch would need a buff like that anyway.

Imagine doing what you did, and then also actually killing the enemy right after as well.

10 hours ago, birdobash said:

😂😂😂😂yes it would apply outside baruuk. It might need tweaking with some of the ragdolls (like soul punch), But to be honest I think soul punch would need a buff like that anyway.

Imagine doing what you did, and then also actually killing the enemy right after as well.

Exactly it definitely should deal damage. 

Wyrm/Wrym Prime will be OP with its crowd disperse mod...  It deserves it though. 

I miss when stacked blast procs would provide us with space programs.