Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pay With Paypal If You Want Your Info Safe From Visa

StuffedTurkey007

For those of you who've never used PayPal, it's a transaction service that keeps your information secret. This is important because I noticed in the 'Buy Platinum' window: "Powered by UltimatePay - Terms and Conditions." I'm assuming UltimatePay's privacy policy is part of the terms of paying with them, and this is from their privacy policy:

"Specifically, we may share your Personal Information

• With Visa and other companies that are owned by Visa as allowed by law."

Visa's privacy policy:

"We do not use the information that we collect from the Visa U.S.A. site for any other purpose, nor do we share it with any affiliate or third party, except as specifically noted and with agencies, vendors, partners, or affiliates under contract with Visa U.S.A."

Gotta love how you have to read thoroughly to get the truth. So, for those of you who dislike spam/selling of your personal info, I would pay with PayPal.

I'm not sure advocating using paypal is a sound notion if you're of the borderline paranoid slant, paypal got it's own set of interesting issues, like no customer service what so ever, you can't call or email paypal if something goes wrong, they've been known to lock down accounts completely because of some irregularity and never releasing the funds, and good luck reversing a paypal payment, they have no reason to go the trouble of doing so, while your bank actually has to help you, and usually wants to.

You do that too since you are slandering as well.

And how is that  ? You falsely accused him of being a conspiracy theorist. I rightfully accused you of slandering his name for calling him a conspiracy theorist. Just stay on topic, he talked about Visa payments, never did he mention the moon or the Illuminati, you're just making false assumptions. Even in the case you were right, you have nothing to prove it. You slandered, I didn't. Case closed. Go flame somewhere else numbskull ...

And how is that  ? You falsely accused him of being a conspiracy theorist. I rightfully accused you of slandering his name for calling him a conspiracy theorist. Just stay on topic, he talked about Visa payments, never did he mention the moon or the Illuminati, you're just making false assumptions. Even in the case you were right, you have nothing to prove it. You slandered, I didn't. Case closed. Go flame somewhere else numbskull ...

'slandered'. Not Palkora. 

Also, I found this for you, you may find it to be an enlightening read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

'slandered'. Not Palkora. 

Also, I found this for you, you may find it to be an enlightening read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Enlightening indeed. Once proven wrong the last resort is to make believe you never meant a word you said. Op was trying to be helpfull, you're trying to be mean, while really succeeding at looking like a D-bag.  And Palkora isn't even a word. Have a nice day ...

Enlightening indeed. Once proven wrong the last resort is to make believe you never meant a word you said. Op was trying to be helpfull, you're trying to be mean, while really succeeding at looking like a D-bag.  And Palkora isn't even a word. Have a nice day ...

Helpful on what grounds? That Visa is out to steal your info? I could just as easily argue that OP is implying how Visa's access to your personal info is a bad thing, which is the complete opposite of what it is - Visa has access to your info so it can help secure your account and the cash inside it. This misinformation is far more harmful. 

As an aside, this will also be of great interest to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-righteousness